Notes from Caneshades show monday night.

CaneShades

Junior
*Michael Tarquin 2019 OL from Bellview. 6'5 290 and he's only 15 years old! Will be one of the best OL prospects in the country for the 2019 class. Just picked up a huge offer from Ohio State but he's in love with Miami. He's ours to lose at this point.

*Mark Richards 2019 "athlete" from Wellington. Brother of Ahmon Richards. 6'1 190 and still growing. I personally see him playing defense at the next level but he enjoys playing RB the most. His favorite player to watch other than his brother is Jabrill Peppers. His father and uncles are 6'3 or taller so this kid may hit a growth spurt. Notre Dame will be our strongest competition but I think we win out if we stay on him.

*Sean Allison, father of former UM QB Jack Allison. Too much was said during this interview to cover in a few notes, so my suggestion to anyone whose interested, go listen to the CanesShades pod cast from last night's show. I will say this. Mr Allison clearly stated that he feels his son did get a fair chance to win the starting QB position this spring. The injury he suffered really set him back and Jack was about 60% healthy during the last spring game. Said the plan for Jack is for him to enroll in a JUCO soon, taking the Cam Newton route and be back in D1 I believe in next year after he graduated from JUCO. Said Jack's dream since he was a little kid was to be a Miami Hurricane. Family loves UM and always will. I still think there was more than what was admitted by the Allison's as to why Jack transferred but they made the best decision for Jack and his future and I for one will support them 100% now and in the future.https://www.spreaker.com/user/offsidessportsradio/caneshades-5-15-17

Advertisement
"I still think there was more than what was admitted by the Allison's as to why Jack transferred"

Big statement. What do you mean by this?

[MENTION=4611]CaneShades[/MENTION] - how was your trip to ththe Wez earlier this week? Did you get your money's worth?

"I still think there was more than what was admitted by the Allison's as to why Jack transferred"

Since I'm the one that created the OP I'll answer this question.

Based on the timing and the circumstances surrounding Jack's injury combined with the supposed direction of the offense moving forward I believe a decision to transfer was made weeks prior to the actual announcement. The Allison's are very good people and love UM. However, I don't think they're being completely honest about why and more importantly when they spoke about and ultimately decided to transfer.

Two reason's I would consider are N. Perry and A. Sitkowski were going to play in front of him...Best of luck and hope he has a productive career in JUCO...

Advertisement
Fvck Jack Allison and his stage mommy. They ran like pusillanimous worms, and I don't wish them well at all.

Since I'm the one that created the OP I'll answer this question.

Based on the timing and the circumstances surrounding Jack's injury combined with the supposed direction of the offense moving forward I believe a decision to transfer was made weeks prior to the actual announcement. The Allison's are very good people and love UM. However, I don't think they're being completely honest about why and more importantly when they spoke about and ultimately decided to transfer.

Interesting. This actually makes sense to me.

"Taking the Cam Newton route" forgot Jack stole a laptop and cheated in his classes....

Two reason's I would consider are N. Perry and A. Sitkowski were going to play in front of him...Best of luck and hope he has a productive career in JUCO...

uh, no. Sitkowski would not be ahead of Allison. Dude needs to worry about starting on his own High School team, let alone Miami.

Advertisement
I recently saw Jack at a restaurant in Mid town, dressed top to bottom in Cane Gear. We spoke briefly, was very articulate and respectful. Found him to be a good kid in the very brief interaction we had.

Advertisement
I recently saw Jack at a restaurant in Mid town, dressed top to bottom in Cane Gear. We spoke briefly, was very articulate and respectful. Found him to be a good kid in the very brief interaction we had.

If he kept his composure during this HJ, he'll be fine in collapsing pockets at the Div 1 level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Tough for the family. The truth? Jack was just not as good as his family and us for that matter thought he was coming in. Maybe he blows up in juco but probably will never meet expectations. In the big picture it sounds like he is a good kid with solid guidance from his parents. That usually translates well for a successful and productive life. Good luck to him.

Advertisement
Back