Note to UM and Coach Richt

Advertisement
Asking a "fan" to be somewhere at noon, on a non-workday, to be entertained in luxurious comfort, protected from the elements, by a team they supposedly love, well...that's just way too much to ask.

we know who the fans are and we are about 35K strong, you're trying to lure the peripheral bandwagon/big event crowd if you want to get into the 50K +.... you're eliminating that crowd with noon starts

If you want to increase your attendance per game by 10-15K, do not schhdule noon games.. last years opener was at 6:00 PM, and there was a good crowd.. I anticipate Saturdays 12:30 start time to really hurt attendance

Note to OP, the AD schedules games, the Coach just coaches.

If you want to increase your attendance per game by 10-15K, do not schhdule noon games.. last years opener was at 6:00 PM, and there was a good crowd.. I anticipate Saturdays 12:30 start time to really hurt attendance

Note to OP, the AD schedules games, the Coach just coaches.

And the network executives tell you when you are going to play.

I second that.

Between college kids fighting off hangovers and that Miami sun, don't see the benefit of a noon home game unless we playing a cold weather team.

the students will be out there because it's the home opener. whether they stay past halftime or not is another issue, but they'll be there for game 1.

Advertisement

If someone who claims to be a fan doesn't go to a game because its's mid day and hot out, then Id say it's safe to assume they were never really fans to begin with.

I imagine a lot goes into these decisions. Both schools, TV schedules, The stadium. Hey, maybe the Canes need to clear out by 5 so the Dolphins clean up crew can renovate. I don't know.

However, don't you want our players conditioned in the noon heat against a scrub team? Better that than to wait for a major opponent, right?

There's a canopy now so these noon games shouldn't be quite as bad.

It's a sauna in there no matter what hour until winter rolls around anyway.

Advertisement
I think the first game on Labor Day weekend is probably better to be a noon game than later. Gives people the flexibility to take advantage of the rest of the day to do whatever other activities they want to do.

Note to Fan

There are 6 home games a year. Don't be a , do your part and show up.

season tix since I was 8, its not me, its my city, you're asking for a lot to get 50K people to Hard Rock at noon in Miami

Not saying it's you, just people in general. But the above statement is ridiculous

I don't think Miami has much to do with what time the game is scheduled, but it's not really ridiculous to want a later start time for Miami home games. It's not exactly the people on Canes message boards that anyone's concerned with filling the stadium, but the more casual fan is probably less likely to get up there for the game at noon than they are at 3:30 or 7.

Asking a "fan" to be somewhere at noon, on a non-workday, to be entertained in luxurious comfort, protected from the elements, by a team they supposedly love, well...that's just way too much to ask.

I wouldnt call it luxurious

You don't get to many stadiums, do you?

I've been to so many I've lost count, and yes, it's a luxurious stadium, as far as stadiums go. I'm sure the new Mercedes Benz in Atlanta is more luxurious, but there's few others if any.

Either way, you're missing the point.

Games times are dictated by TV. The game is 1230 because that's the time the ACCN / RSN starts sucky games. That, and 3 (not 330). The ACC told us the time, much like ESPN/ABC does most of the time.

Lastly, STFU about it anyway. Who the **** cares? It's not a ******* excuse. Everyone (students included) can get their asses to games, no matter the **** time. Students at other schools are in the **** student section at noon in 100 degree weather, in stadiums with no roof/overhang, etc. So are other fans. If you want to be at the game, you'd be there at 4am. ******* **** people. Don't give me, "it's the city of Miami" bull****. There are 6 million people from the Keys to Stuart. A lot of them are Miami fans. You should be able to find enough who aren't whiny little es.

Advertisement
Games times are dictated by TV. The game is 1230 because that's the time the ACCN / RSN starts sucky games. That, and 3 (not 330). The ACC told us the time, much like ESPN/ABC does most of the time.

Lastly, STFU about it anyway. Who the **** cares? It's not a ****ing excuse. Everyone (students included) can get their asses to games, no matter the **** time. Students at other schools are in the **** student section at noon in 100 degree weather, in stadiums with no roof/overhang, etc. So are other fans. If you want to be at the game, you'd be there at 4am. ****ing **** people. Don't give me, "it's the city of Miami" bull****. There are 6 million people from the Keys to Stuart. A lot of them are Miami fans. You should be able to find enough who aren't whiny little es.

we played at 6:00 last year against FAMU, so thats why I'm wondering why

I wouldnt call it luxurious

You don't get to many stadiums, do you?

I've been to so many I've lost count, and yes, it's a luxurious stadium, as far as stadiums go. I'm sure the new Mercedes Benz in Atlanta is more luxurious, but there's few others if any.

Either way, you're missing the point.

Lol, it's definitely luxurious, particularly when compared to every other college stadium.

Advertisement
Getting South Floridians to show up at anything that is not a big ticket event is hard. Bethune equals not a big ticket event whether the game is at noon or at 6 pm or at 8 pm. As we win more meaningful games, we'll get more bandwagon fans to show up for our games. Otherwise, it is what it is.

Lastly, STFU about it anyway. Who the **** cares? It's not a ****ing excuse. Everyone (students included) can get their asses to games, no matter the **** time. Students at other schools are in the **** student section at noon in 100 degree weather, in stadiums with no roof/overhang, etc. So are other fans. If you want to be at the game, you'd be there at 4am. ****ing **** people. Don't give me, "it's the city of Miami" bull****. There are 6 million people from the Keys to Stuart. A lot of them are Miami fans. You should be able to find enough who aren't whiny little es.

we played at 6:00 last year against FAMU, so thats why I'm wondering why

It wasn't on TV, was it? I thought it was ESPN 3 only. This game is on actual TV, and the ACCN/RSN "primetime" slot is their 1230 slot.

Not a fan of the early starts either but I'll still be there. Might even go early enough to do a tailgate breakfast. Nothing says football like some grill cooked eggs and beer at 9 am.

Both statements are true. More people should show up but it is Miami and its just different here unfortunately.
However I will say I have been seeing a lot more UM shirts hats license plates etc....
The bandwagon has already started and so have fans that have not supported the team in a while due to (insert valid excuse).
When the bandwagon gets rolling at full steam it will be better than the Heat bandwagon. I asked the staff at canesfest how many season tickets were left and he said before the start of the day there were almost 58k sold. If that's accurate things are looking pretty good. He said they expect by the start of the 2018 season to be almost sold out.

Advertisement
Back