Note on Reggie Grimes II

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Miami offered Reggie Grimes II today. The 2020 5-star defensive end was contacted by Dan Enos and informed of his offer. Enos was Grimes' main recruiter at Alabama so that is a huge boost to Miami's chances. Grimes is hearing the most from Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Ohio State as of now. Grimes wants to go to a winning school, so Miami will have to fight hard to stick around until August when they can begin to show that they are a winning program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That would def help us get in the room and maybe with a good year we can close the deal.

Wonder why Enos, Bama's QB coach, was a DE's main recruiter. Why wouldn't Tosh Lupoi been the main recruiter? Or Kul? Guess it shows how much faith Saban had in Kul as a recruiter. Interesting.

Advertisement
That would def help us get in the room and maybe with a good year we can close the deal.

Wonder why Enos, Bama's QB coach, was a DE's main recruiter. Why wouldn't Tosh Lupoi been the main recruiter? Or Kul? Guess it shows how much faith Saban had in Kul as a recruiter. Interesting.

Kul was JTs main recruiter. could jut be based on relationships and locale? idk

Blast away, but I predict that we win at least 11 games this coming season, even if it takes our bowl game to get there. That will hopefully be enough to land him. Hopefully, bags won't play too much of a role, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Advertisement
he seems to be recruiting thats for sure
Honestly, I don’t know how many days it’s been but seems like he’s put a lot of top talent on our radar... especially with the QBs he’s offered. I just hope we can keep him around long enough to land a top young talent (beyond Martell and company).

Advertisement
Surpising to me that the QB coach had his own territory for other positions at Bama? I'd figure he'd just be involved with QB and maybe some offensive recruiting.

So we just offer whoever Bama offered now rather than doing our own evaluations?

Kidding

Advertisement
Back