Note on Elijah Roberts

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Earlier this week, we reported Roberts was closing in on making a decision. After talking with Roberts, he is now backing off making an early decision for the time being.

Personally, I believe this is for the best. He only has four offers right now and is the type of prospect that can easily blow up soon, he just picked up a Tennessee offer this weekend. He'll be able to make a more informed decision down the road when he has a better idea of his recruiting landscape and make the right choice, instead of trying to process a bunch of new opportunities while being committed.

Advertisement

DE from Columbus. He's a '20 kid. This is a meh situation with him waiting. Take your time. I would rather this happen than a top 12 schools release while committed with 65 hashtags about brand, process, respecting decisions.

Advertisement
Pure opinion: I wouldn't be surprised if Henry Gray, Keyshawn Washington and Elijah Roberts are the top 3 defensive players in south florida next cycle. We have a great shot at signing all 3 but as we've said, it's extremely early.

He doesn't want to miss out on the experience of making a top 24 on twitter... understandable

This is good, tired of kids committing too early and wind up decommitting

Advertisement
I have no issues with an early commit if you are truly committed to UM. That means you, family, friends, everyone you have connections to are 100% sold on UM. When you commit to UM, you should expect every school in America to want you. That's the expectation and the caliber of recruits we go after. If you are ready and willing to shut down your recruitment (I know schools/7 on 7 teams do college visits, which seems fine) then I will welcome you with open arms. But if you aren't ready and UM seems more like a placeholder, then GTFO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back