Note on Aristide

Advertisement
I like what I’m hearing and reading about Aristide, but question I have is what is the difference between him and not offering Telly an on field position?

I like what I’m hearing and reading about Aristide, but question I have is what is the difference between him and not offering Telly an on field position?

For one timing as Baker did not have the LSU job before Telly left to Marshall. Additionally, Manny will break in Artiside similar to Patke, DVD, and Banda rather than an established coach who may have different wants and ambitions. According to Roland Smith, Artiside beat out "Manny's people" for Amari Daniels, which I assume left a strong impression on Manny.

Advertisement
For one timing as Baker did not have the LSU job before Telly left to Marshall. Additionally, Manny will break in Artiside similar to Patke, DVD, and Banda rather than an established coach who may have different wants and ambitions. According to Roland Smith, Artiside beat out "Manny's people" for Amari Daniels, which I assume left a strong impression on Manny.
Baker was sitting on the Bench looking for a Job because Manny didn’t want to fire him, Telly was right there waiting.
I’m guessing there had to be something between them so Telly decided to listen to what Marshall had to offer and decided to move on.

Advertisement
Make no mistake about it, Manny made sure to bring in someone who could fill the Dade recruiter void left behind after Telly Lockette’s departure, because whether yall know it or not, Telly thought he would get an on field position spot on this staff, more than likely at ST’s & Patke moved to a new spot.

I know yall will think, “Telly wasn’t that important!” But I can guarantee you, Manny understood the importance of having a go to guy with inside/direct ties with the staff at Central in order to help us get Bissainthe.

I posted last week in the Bissainthe thread
(https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2022-lb-wesley-bissainthe.162032/post-5143619) when FSU hired Coach Sabbath (former USF DE/Miami Central LB & was Central’s DC for the last 3 years & was supposed to be LB’s coach at FMU) as an Analyst, that they were pulling out all the stops to position themselves in the top spot in Bissainthe’s recruitment, because Coach Sabbath coached Wesley since his Freshman year & is very close with the Miami Central LB’s coach, Coach Paragon... The Telly connection is that Sabbath played at Miami Central when Telly was the HC there & he gave him his first job in coaching.

Point being, Ishmael is also close with the Central staff & got Amari Daniels & lil Yul Brown committed to TAMU in the 21 class from Central, so Manny bringing in a guy like Ishmael with deep ties in Dade after Telly left is not a coincidence.
Bissainthe hates Coach Sabbath Joseph.

Advertisement
The final comment from Roland Smith - simply take it at face value, or is there more? A statement about previous recruitments?

DVD made me aware he’s going to have my school,” Smith said. “I’m quite sure Manny is going to be on him, too. He first offered Wesley as a sophomore. They’ve got a good shot. Wesley is going to be a good one. He’s going to be 230, 225 pounds at the next level. He’s got the frame, can run. He’s going to be special. But they’re going to have to recruit him.”

Advertisement
St’s was the plan. Last year I had no clue where I just knew it was in the plans. I just mentioned hickson as a possibility, Telly coached rb’s and there was things behind the scenes.
So is the special teams position still up for change anytime soon now that patke has moved to inside linebackers?

So I was watching the clips on the “countdown to canes football” thread at work.
I’m the lounge and the hospital security guard comes in. He asks “what are you watching” in a thick Haitian accent. I responded “some old Miami hurricane football clips. You watch college football”?

“No I watch soccer. You now Ronaldo Messi. But Miami is getting a new Coach. He’s Haitian”

News in he Haitian community apparently travels fast.

Had a highly ranked recruit, who was once committed to Texas A&M tell me Aristide is “the best recruiter in the country for sure”

This recruit has been heavily recruited by multiple SEC schools btw.

Manny Diaz can’t miss.
So is he as good as to get this recruit to consider us.

Advertisement
Back