Note on Aristide

Yeah I remember, I just didn’t think he would replace Hickson.

Hickson is low key one of the best Broward recruiters in the country, no way would Manny move off him.

Telly was under the impression that Patke would be moved to LB’s & ST’s would be left open for him, but obviously other plans happened with TRob & DVD, plus when Charles Huff offered him a job at Marshall it made too much sense for him not to take it because they’re both very good recruiters with RB’s coach as their background. They’re also good buddies too.
St’s was the plan. Last year I had no clue where I just knew it was in the plans. I just mentioned hickson as a possibility, Telly coached rb’s and there was things behind the scenes.

Advertisement
Make no mistake about it, Manny made sure to bring in someone who could fill the Dade recruiter void left behind after Telly Lockette’s departure, because whether yall know it or not, Telly thought he would get an on field position spot on this staff, more than likely at ST’s & Patke moved to a new spot.

I know yall will think, “Telly wasn’t that important!” But I can guarantee you, Manny understood the importance of having a go to guy with inside/direct ties with the staff at Central in order to help us get Bissainthe.

I posted last week in the Bissainthe thread
(https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2022-lb-wesley-bissainthe.162032/post-5143619) when FSU hired Coach Sabbath (former USF DE/Miami Central LB & was Central’s DC for the last 3 years & was supposed to be LB’s coach at FMU) as an Analyst, that they were pulling out all the stops to position themselves in the top spot in Bissainthe’s recruitment, because Coach Sabbath coached Wesley since his Freshman year & is very close with the Miami Central LB’s coach, Coach Paragon... The Telly connection is that Sabbath played at Miami Central when Telly was the HC there & he gave him his first job in coaching.

Point being, Ishmael is also close with the Central staff & got Amari Daniels & lil Yul Brown committed to TAMU in the 21 class from Central, so Manny bringing in a guy like Ishmael with deep ties in Dade after Telly left is not a coincidence.
Great background @Liberty City El

Seems like a brilliant plan. We should have done it few years ago with Heritage...

Make no mistake about it, Manny made sure to bring in someone who could fill the Dade recruiter void left behind after Telly Lockette’s departure, because whether yall know it or not, Telly thought he would get an on field position spot on this staff, more than likely at ST’s & Patke moved to a new spot.

I know yall will think, “Telly wasn’t that important!” But I can guarantee you, Manny understood the importance of having a go to guy with inside/direct ties with the staff at Central in order to help us get Bissainthe.

(https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2022-lb-wesley-bissainthe.162032/post-5143619) when FSU hired Coach Sabbath (former USF DE/Miami Central LB & was Central’s DC for the last 3 years & was supposed to be LB’s coach at FMU) as an Analyst, that they were pulling out all the stops to position themselves in the top spot in Bissainthe’s recruitment, because Coach Sabbath coached Wesley since his Freshman year & is very close with the Miami Central LB’s coach, Coach Paragon... The Telly connection is that Sabbath played at Miami Central when Telly was the HC there & he gave him his first job in coaching.

Point being, Ishmael is also close with the Central staff & got Amari Daniels & lil Yul Brown committed to TAMU in the 21 class from Central, so Manny bringing in a guy like Ishmael with deep ties in Dade after Telly left is not a coincidence.
So who’s Patke connect

Advertisement
Advertisement

Bissainthe’s recruitment is quietly shaping up like he’s a top 10 player nationally. Got major programs playin chess / musical chairs to be in a position with him.

Advertisement

🙌🏽 And I can’t stress enough that the decision to have one of your top recruits, who’s of Haitian descent, now being recruited at the position by one of our top recruiters, who is also Haitian is a decision that will pay dividends in the long run. Trust with us Haitians, this ordeal does not go unnoticed. And once Bissainthe’s parents see what kind of character Artistade displays and who his father is. The trust will be inseparable, if it isn’t already. Might be one of the few times where we land a kid off the strength of his parents even if the kid is on the fence.

Nice story on Aristide and his father from Manny Navarro (The Athletic)

Some highlights:

Identified by 247Sports last year as one of 30 best up-and-coming young coaches under 30, Aristide led the recruiting charge for Texas A&M to sign four-star defensive end Donell Harris out of Miami Gulliver Prep in 2020 and then four-star running back Amari Daniels and four-star receiver Yulkeith Brown out of Miami Central in the last recruiting cycle. Harris was previously a Miami commitment.

“Ishmael did a really good job with Amari,” said Central coach Roland Smith, a former Hurricane who worked under Aristide’s father when he was the football coach at Miami Northwestern and had standouts such as Jacory Harris, Sean Spence and Marcus Forston who went on to play for UM. “He was the primary guy on Amari and Yulkeith and basically beat out Manny’s people for Amari. They wanted Yulkeith early, but once they signed another kid they boff him. We went out to Texas A&M (before the pandemic) and Ishmael took me to see Jimbo (Fisher).

“Ishmael is going to be awesome at Miami. He’s a good communicator, straight up with the kids. He’s got his daddy’s bloodline in him. He’s a go-getter. He’s going to do well for the Canes.”

Image-from-iOS-18-1.jpg

Ishmael Aristide (via Twitter)

“For Miami, they’re going to meet a guy in Ishmael that’s intense now. He’s a fiery guy. The good thing about it is he can relate to those guys. He looks like he’s playing football. He’s in great shape. He’s a physical specimen. He looks phenomenal.”

He’s also single, his father said, and ready to fully commit to football.

“Right now, he probably has a promise ring to the football program at UM,” Aristide’s father said. “He’s going to be married to that. He’s what the young people call a grind guy. They will see him Monday through Sunday.”

As for the standouts at Central this season, Miami is all over four-star linebacker Wesley Bissainthe (6-1, 195). Smith said cornerback Demarcus Van Dyke is leading the recruiting effort for the Hurricanes now after Williams’ departure.

“DVD made me aware he’s going to have my school,” Smith said. “I’m quite sure Manny is going to be on him, too. He first offered Wesley as a sophomore. They’ve got a good shot. Wesley is going to be a good one. He’s going to be 230, 225 pounds at the next level. He’s got the frame, can run. He’s going to be special. But they’re going to have to recruit him.”

Advertisement
🙌🏽 And I can’t stress enough that the decision to have one of your top recruits, who’s of Haitian descent, now being recruited at the position by one of our top recruiters, who is also Haitian is a decision that will pay dividends in the long run. Trust with us Haitians, this ordeal does not go unnoticed. And once Bissainthe’s parents see what kind of character Artistade displays and who his father is. The trust will be inseparable, if it isn’t already. Might be one of the few times where we land a kid off the strength of his parents even if the kid is on the fence.
I hope you're right. Gotta respect Manny for recognizing the impact a "very qualified" person of Haitian decent is making and can make for the Canes in recruiting and coaching. He and TRob will be a force to be reckoned with.

Advertisement
Back