Not to jinx things, but…

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
Is this the best time for Miami athletics since 2001?

Football team with a new coach, legit QB and possibly the best staff we’ve ever assembled on paper. Basketball team just made the Elite Eight. Baseball team has won 14 in a row, sweeping a Top 3 team in the process + is now ranked #2 in the polls.

And we just hired one of the top AD’s in the country away from Clemson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know that we'll attain that level of success, but I do feel we'll have a team worth getting behind and excited about. This is the most optimistic I've been since our fall from the top once I knew the wheels were falling off.

I still remember how in disbelief I was when we hired Shannon, a member of a failed staff and no coaching experience, as the head guy. I hoped he would prove me wrong, but I wasn't optimistic. While he failed here, he's a success in life for all the things he went though.

Richt gave a glimmer of hope and some good moments, but I didn't think he had enough juice in the tank to take us to where he and we wanted to go. Man that Notre Dame game was fun. He did some good things though here, nothing but the best to him.

I still had hope in 2003 and 2004 especially when we beat down Florida in the bowl game. I got fooled by Randy in 2008. Then I was telling lies when Richt got hired lol

But with that said, this is different! The money changes everything. Even if we don’t win a championship in the next five years I feel like we’ll be consistently in the mix every year. We haven’t felt that in 20 years smh

Football team with a new coach, legit QB and possibly the best staff we’ve ever assembled on paper. Basketball team just made the Elite Eight. Baseball team has won 14 in a row, sweeping a Top 3 team in the process + is now ranked #2 in the polls.

I hope that you don’t jinx the run of success we’re having…but if by any chance you do, I’m gonna send Nunzio and Guido to pay you and Kenneth a visit, and they’re not bringing any Vaseline, just plenty of sand.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It definitely feels like the first time in a long time that we have adults in charge, that's for sure.

Advertisement

Yes it is, and yes you did. Thanks.

Advertisement

It will be after the football team wins the ACC this year.

Blake and Manny really teed up things for us…

Happy Kamala Harris GIF by The Democrats

And we just hired one of the top AD’s in the country away from Clemson.In that perspective I believe so however fthe first part will tell

Advertisement
Back