Not that it matters, but the no call safety on tech...

5XNC

Senior
Is there any reason that wasn’t a safety? Or any scenario that wasn’t a safety?

Advertisement
The refs said (that the announcers completely missed) that they ruled forward progress (which I think was kinda b.s.)

It was clearly a pass. He was outside of the tackle box, but did the pass cross the LOS?

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure it was ruled a fumble out of bounds at the 1 or 2.

I definitely didn’t think it was a pass. I couldn’t tell if his knee was down before he fumbled.

I’m pretty sure it was ruled a fumble out of bounds at the 1 or 2.

I definitely didn’t think it was a pass. I couldn’t tell if his knee was down before he fumbled.
He 100% flipped that ball out of bounds on purpose. In the replay you could see his eyes looking at the sideline and he flicked his wrist to get the ball there. Obviously that's not why we lost, but it was a BS call.

Advertisement
I thought it was the right call on forward progress. Same call we got on Brevin Jordan's last catch at the 4.

Basically the same thing. That's the way the sport is officiated these days, if you watch game after game. Often the player thinks he is still live -- like the Georgia Tech quarterback -- and tries to make a desperate play, but none of it matters because officials will provide benefit of a doubt and rule it quickly dead via forward progress.

It also happens more frequently when the goal line or first down marker are involved. That is simply human nature for officials. I've seen it throughout my life. If that Georgia Tech play happened at the 20 yard line and with 10 yards remaining for a first down it very likely will be ruled differently.

Advertisement
Back