Not surprised by the result but..

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
Plenty to agonize over otherwise. I had stated in the game thread I didn't think we'd win this game and so the result was predictable. We don't have the depth of talent to replace 5 NFL players and not miss a beat. But the way it went down sure was awful to witness.

- Jacurri is improved but still ain't it. Not much more to say here other than I would have liked to see him less handcuffed, which I'll get to in a second.

- That putrid start combined with Fletcher going down was just a perfect encapsulation of all things being a Canes fan. There was almost a perverse warm comfort in it. This is familiar. Nauseating and depressing, but familiar.

- We got a whole lotta nothing on the DL besides Bain. Did Moten and Horton even play? I don't recall. Thank God for Messidor, the freshmen coming in, and the transfers.

- Dawson decided to box in the offense all day expect for the very end of the 2nd and 4th quarters. And what happened? We went right down the field. Give them a chance man.

- I'm finished with the brain geniuses who want X to "move on." Seek mental help. He's the one consistent offensive playmaker FFS.

- The blocked punt essentially ended the game. Inexcusable.

- The skinny corners playing safety played about at well as can be expected under the circumstances, which is to say largely ineffective. I'm not sure what we're gonna do there. We have freshman Patterson coming in and the Vandy transfer and we better hope there's more help our there somewhere.

- I would have much rather seen a bunch of young guys play and flail and lose by 3 TDs than what we saw. I know Mario is trying to win, but you gotta think bigger picture. Some young guys played a little, but in my opinion they should have emptied the benches and rolled with it. What has Jojo done to Dawson that he's not allowed to touch the football on offense?

- Jacoby George needs to figure out what his priorities are because right now it's not helping his team win. Talented kid, but he can't seem to harness that chip on his shoulder into consistent production. Also I'm not sure what happened on the first offensive play because they never showed a replay but it looked like Jacurri dropped a dime right in his hands and he didn't see it or something? I don't know but it set the tone for his performance the rest of the game.

- The cheap shots by George (right in front of the ref!) and by Washington (also in front of the ref) were a good way of enforcing every tired stereotype about UM football. They also hurt the team giving up precious penalty yards we couldn't afford. Way to go guys.

I know there are brighter days ahead but this game was like a perfect highlight reel of UM bowl performances over the past 20 years. Uninspired play, uninspired coaching, bewildering lack of discipline, a depressing realization about lack of overall talent, and just enough of a tease to make you think we still could have won. Hopefully this is like the last night of a bout of wicked food poisoning. You know you're turning the corner, by there's one last great purge to suffer through.

Advertisement
Plenty to agonize over otherwise. I had stated in the game thread I didn't think we'd win this game and so the result was predictable. We don't have the depth of talent to replace 5 NFL players and not miss a beat. But the way it went down sure was awful to witness.

- Jacurri is improved but still ain't it. Not much more to say here other than I would have liked to see him less handcuffed, which I'll get to in a second.

- That putrid start combined with Fletcher going down was just a perfect encapsulation of all things being a Canes fan. There was almost a perverse warm comfort in it. This is familiar. Nauseating and depressing, but familiar.

- We got a whole lotta nothing on the DL besides Bain. Did Moten and Horton even play? I don't recall. Thank God for Messidor, the freshmen coming in, and the transfers.

- Dawson decided to box in the offense all day expect for the very end of the 2nd and 4th quarters. And what happened? We went right down the field. Give them a chance man.

- I'm finished with the brain geniuses who want X to "move on." Seek mental help. He's the one consistent offensive playmaker FFS.

- The skinny corners playing safety played about at well as can be expected under the circumstances, which is to say largely ineffective. I'm not sure what we're gonna do there. We have freshman Patterson coming in and the Vandy transfer and we better hope there's more help our there somewhere.

- I would have much rather seen a bunch of young guys play and flail and lose by 3 TDs than what we saw. I know Mario is trying to win, but you gotta think bigger picture. Some young guys played a little, but in my opinion they should have emptied the benches and rolled with it. What has Jojo done to Dawson that he's not allowed to touch the football on offense?

- Jacoby George needs to figure out what his priorities are because right now it's not helping his team win. Talented kid, but he can't seem to harness that chip on his shoulder into consistent production. Also I'm not sure what happened on the first offensive play because they never showed a replay but it looked like Jacurri dropped a dime right in his hands and he didn't see it or something? I don't know but it set the tone for his performance the rest of the game.

- The cheap shots by George (right in front of the ref!) and by Washington (also in front of the ref) were a good way of enforcing every tired stereotype about UM football. They also hurt the team giving up precious penalty yards we couldn't afford. Way to go guys.

I know there are brighter days ahead but this game was like a perfect highlight reel of UM bowl performances over the past 20 years. Uninspired play, uninspired coaching, bewildering lack of discipline, a depressing realization about lack of overall talent, and just enough of a tease to make you think we still could have won. Hopefully this is like the last night of a bout of wicked food poisoning. You know you're turning the corner, by there's one last great purge to suffer through.

Lock it.

Mario puts the trenches as a priority... yet the trenches got pushed around by a barely average Big10 team. Sadddd.

IMG_1598.gif

Advertisement

Great summary of my feelings, thanks

Advertisement
Back