Not sure when Coach L is retiring...

I wonder what the all-time high-attendance home game for us has been? I recall going to a game at the Miami Arena. I think it might've been the 1994-95 season, where we played St. John's or UConn. Constantin Popa was a big factor in a close, exciting win that I swear had 11,000+ in attendance. (And that was a mediocre UM team as far as record went.)

The Miami Arena seated 15,000 or so. If the on-campus arena seated 15,000, anyone think we'd have ever reached 11,000 attendance yet? We'll never know but I'm sorta doubting it.
As I recall we drew around 15K against UConn in 1999 at Miami Arena and lost a very close game. We turned around a month or so later and beat them at Gampel. They lost two games that year and won the national title.

Advertisement
As I recall we drew around 15K against UConn in 1999 at Miami Arena and lost a very close game. We turned around a month or so later and beat them at Gampel. They lost two games that year and won the national title.
Pentagon, sounds right! In 2000, we shared the Big East regular season championship with UConn. We finished 2nd in '99..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back