Not folding....

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
This team needs to do whatever it needs to win the next 3 games, and have as much momentum going into FSU as possible... They can't fold like the last 20+ years. I admit I got caught up in the post A&M koolaide and was thinking crazy expectations... Goal this season was to show big improvements and end overall with a decent season 8-4 / 9-3 and a bowl win, finish strong with a top10 recruiting class, and continue to improve team through portal... GT was a different annoying loss, that wasn't really a "we got beat" type of loss... UNC is our first real loss and we didn't go out looking completely out classed and dominated by... we won the first half, and loss the 2nd half, and pretty much shot ourselves in the foot multiple times that could of altered outcome...

We're 6 games in and and haven't once felt outclassed by a team.. GT was a tough pill to swallow for different reasons, but I'm not packing it in with these Canes, nor burning down the house in mopery...

Don't give up... Finish Strong...

Advertisement
This team needs to do whatever it needs to win the next 3 games, and have as much momentum going into FSU as possible... They can't fold like the last 20+ years. I admit I got caught up in the post A&M koolaide and was thinking crazy expectations... Goal this season was to show big improvements and end overall with a decent season 8-4 / 9-3 and a bowl win, finish strong with a top10 recruiting class, and continue to improve team through portal... GT was a different annoying loss, that wasn't really a "we got beat" type of loss... UNC is our first real loss and we didn't go out looking completely out classed and dominated by... we won the first half, and loss the 2nd half, and pretty much shot ourselves in the foot multiple times that could of altered outcome...

We're 6 games in and and haven't once felt outclassed by a team.. GT was a tough pill to swallow for different reasons, but I'm not packing it in with these Canes, nor burning down the house in mopery...

If we win 3 and stay healthy, we have a good chance against FSU and UL. UL has played poorly on the road and we are their 3rd/last road game.

there's 2 ways to look at this...

one is that there are a few crucial plays here and there that are backbreaking and easily fixable..

the other is that we keep committing the same mistakes at critical moments and obviously it's a culture and coaching issue and won't get fixed easily ..

We had 6 plays that you could easily argue cost us 30+ points. 3 were bad luck that bounced against us and 2 were just bad play.

1. Fumble in the end zone. Bad luck. 7 points
2. Mis timed jump by Davis. Bad play. 7 points
3. 3rd and 20. Bad play. 7 Points
4. Drake sack in end zone. Bad luck. At least 2 points. Most likely 7.
5. 3rd Q INT- bad play. 7 points.
6. Bad snap fumble. Bad luck. At least 3 points.

That's 38 points. Just fix half of them and we're at least looking at 17 points difference.

we overcame these critical mistakes against A&M early on.. did not do so against GT and UNC....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another with a really good running game.

Benson
Clemson duo
UL kid is legit

UNCs kid ran over our kids falling forward for 5-8 almost every down.
Yep I said before the game our rush defense is fluky at number 1. Probably a top 40-50 unit at best.

We have zero chance to beat FSU unless Coleman is out. I think we best Clemson because they don’t challenge anyone vertically. They’re basically incapable of it. Assuming we can slow down their run game, like I expect us to do.

We need Mesidor badly. In the worst way

Benson
Clemson duo
UL kid is legit

We have no NT. The kid from UNC was 5 yards downfield almost every play. Moten is the only true NT on the team @ 325lbs. Taylor is a 3T @ 305lbs and Deen the same where he isn't even 300.

I expect that going forward teams will run right up the gut on us since we seem to be playing 2 3T in the gaps and allowing the C to just go straight to the second level.

We need Burroughs next year and a big time NT in the portal or same results.

We could've had a chance against UNc without the costly mistakes, but their QB, RB, and WR are better than our QB, RB, WR.

I think we can beat UNC 3 out of 10 times.

They match up well against us.

We aren't better than Clemson or FSU. FSU is a terrible matchup. Athletic QB, Big physical RB, big talented WR's. Athletic pass rushers that challenge our OL weakness (tackles).

Clemson defense is really good, and their RB's are good, QB isn't elite passer, but he is athletic and can make plays happen outside pocket. I just don't think we are as talented or sound as Clemson, and I think their defense is good enough to control the game.

No shame in losing to Clemson, UNC, FSU this season in year 2 of Mario.

Shame was botching the GT game. Now trying to sweep UVA, N.C. State, LVille, and BC is a big challenge.

Basically Mario is making the rebuild more difficult that in needs to be by blowing the GT game. It makes keeping locker room focused and Intact a bigger challenge as losses pile.

Advertisement

Benson
Clemson duo
UL kid is legit

UNC took advantage of our DC and his love affair with playing double 3T. He cannot continue to do it or we will continue to get gashed up the middle. Hoping he noticed this flaw in his scheme. If GAYner can double up to the MLB any center can. Guidry must learn to only run that on obvious passing downs can’t do it with a run threat

Advertisement
UNC took advantage of our DC and his love affair with playing double 3T. He cannot continue to do it or we will continue to get gashed up the middle. Hoping he noticed this flaw in his scheme. If GAYner can double up to the MLB any center can. Guidry must learn to only run that on obvious passing downs can’t do it with a run threat
UNC ran tempo to keep Guidry in double 3T or worse in some cases with Bain at 3t.

DMoney said Moten was ready to fill that NT roll. This makes the transfer of Miller hurt as we would have at least had two NTs.

UNC ran tempo to keep Guidry in double 3T or worse in some cases with Bain at 3t.

DMoney said Moten was ready to fill that NT roll. This makes the transfer of Miller hurt as we would have at least had two NTs.
Should never go double 3T unless it’s like 3rd and 15 lol

Advertisement
Again, tempo makes it tough to sub into and out of it.
Agreed I just don’t under stand not just shifting 1 of them into an A gap just to hold better gap integrity. But who am just a slap **** on CiS

Stop turning ball over
Diversify the passing game…. XR7 is a good player, but 18 targets is not the winning recipe

Secondary has got to tighten up

Advertisement
Back