Not Cane Related, but...

SFbayCane

All American
Im heading to a good bay area high school playoff now. Foothill versus Freedom high. Going to see:

Joe Mixon- 5* RB: Nike Opening qualifier. #4 rated RB in the naiton. Was a gator lean but its looking more like Washington-OU battle now. Although he went to the UM-FSU game and raved about it. Would hate for the noles to land this kid.

scout profile: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6316582

Foothill high shut him down earlier this year, although he knocked out of the game the week prior. I heard he was only running 3/4 speed. Playoff game now. Looking forward to see the #4 RB in the nation versus a very creative coaching staff at Foothill high. Should be fun.

Also playing who are of note:

Isaiah Langley - 3* Athlete. a handful of BCS level offers (Cal, Oregon State, UCLA)

scout profile: http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=6572354

Kyle Kearns: 3* -2015 QB. I really like this kid. Havent seen him since last year. I was impressed with him as a soph. No offers yet.

scout profile:http: //recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6396342

Advertisement
Suffice it to say that Joe Mixon is as advertised. He's Joe Yearby on a 6'-2" - 205 pound frame. He was unstoppable. Had 300 all purpose yards, 4 TDs.

Interestingly, a bunch of Freedom students seem to think he's going to FSU. I know after several of his touches the Freedom band played the seminole war chant and the student section laughed and cheered. Mixon is announcing at the Army All American game.

Advertisement
Suffice it to say that Joe Mixon is as advertised. He's Joe Yearby on a 6'-2" - 205 pound frame. He was unstoppable. Had 300 all purpose yards, 4 TDs.

Interestingly, a bunch of Freedom students seem to think he's going to FSU. I know after several of his touches the Freedom band played the seminole war chant and the student section laughed and cheered. Mixon is announcing at the Army All American game.

And why no Cane interest?

We offered, right?

And why no Cane interest?

We offered, right?

Its my understanding that we did offer but I do not think he visited us. I read somewhere recently that Mixon is going to take a second visit to OU after the season (unofficial this time, already did an OV to Norman). I do know that he played against our local HS here the day before the UF-UM game. When he scored he did the gator chomp. A friend of mine who is a parent of an athlete at Freedom told me he was a gator lean at that time. Since then he's opened things up recruiting-wise. He was blown away by his experience at Doak for the UM-FSU game. I think a lot can change between now and NLOI day.

Our staff does have a connection that I know of. Jethro Franklin was a grad assistant at Fresno State when Ron Rivers was the feature running back. Rivers is now on the staff at Freedom high. I know that Jethro and Rivers were friends back in the day; Dont know if that amounts to much, but...

I can also say this; Isaiah Langley is a legit 4.5 kid. (my son is a juco baseball player who's trained with him and played with and against Langley). On a couple plays Mixon turned the corner and pulled away from Langley for a few steps in traffic. Just an incredible burst by Mixon when he needed it.

I have to think Joe Mixon gets carries on day one at whatever program he signs with. He's not a totally complete back but his size/athleticism combo will get him carries as a true freshman.

Advertisement
Kyle Kearns: 3* -2015 QB. I really like this kid. Havent seen him since last year. I was impressed with him as a soph. No offers yet.

scout profile:http: //recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6396342

BTW - I see why Kyle Kearns didnt get any offers yet. I saw him as a sophomore starter and was very impressed with his poise and ability to play QB. Kid is always in control. That said, last year he was tall, skinny kid who needed to fill out. Apparently he still has not filled out. He kind of reminds me of Sean Mannion at this stage. (he also came thru our local high school). If Kearns can add 20 lbs between now and next fall, I think he'll be a 4 star QB in 2015. But he may not be the type who will dominate in camp settings. His arm is strong but not huge. Just a solid QB who's always looking downfield and almost always throws to the correct read. One to keep an eye on IMO.

Advertisement
Back