Not breaking news, but…

Why would you want Dawson to stay if he sucks?
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Mario is ***, and will always be ***. He might be the worse Gameday coach in college football. Nothing I’ve heard surprises me. He sucks.

Advertisement
I would let TVD know we need another QB in the room especially after Garcia left. We should be looking for a kid with 2+ years to play which should not scare off TVD but could scare off brown. UL took three QBs over the summer so it was possible.

This offseason we should be taking two or three!
You and I both know if they floated that to him he was out the door and no saying if we would have landed everyone. That is a huge roll of the dice with a dude that was flirting with transferring. Hindsight being 20/20 yeah, bring someone in. But at the time that could have moved TVD out without a replacement.

There’s a long list of guys who have gotten better since their first years. Something that under manure was a problem. Rivers young kam James lt56 Harvey imo have all improved here this season. Playing their best ball. TVD is the only one who’s gotten worse. In his third season getting starts he is playing the worst ball of his life. It’s the fault of his coaches and himself

Give TVD one drive. Let him know he's on a short leash. The very worst thing that can happen is that he ***** up. Well, he's doing that already. He just won't be able to do it for 4 quarters.

Advertisement
So does this mean that as Mario stacks more talent on the defense he may actually open up the offense? As in he's actually got a plan and this is thought through and not Mario just being a cave man? It would make me feel much better if this was the case because your original post did not sound like this was a good thing.
well hes def nto stakcing talent wiht this DL class or DB class

You and I both know if they floated that to him he was out the door and no saying if we would have landed everyone. That is a huge roll of the dice with a dude that was flirting with transferring. Hindsight being 20/20 yeah, bring someone in. But at the time that could have moved TVD out without a replacement.

Who says you need to tell TVD you are at least looking? We better be back channeling for 2024 with TVD, Brown, and Williams all available to return. If they all portal out, then you better have bags to bring in 3-4 much like UL did last summer. The portal is only going to see more kids moving.

Advertisement
Mario didn't randomly decide to meddle with an offense that was humming. For whatever reason, TVD totally fell apart and became virtually unplayable. What to do about it is what the op is talking about. Dawson had some ideas on how to get TVD going but Mario said no we're going to trot out 6 offensive lineman and another 5 tight ends and run the ball up the gut every play. Mario also clearly has zero feel for when to pull a qb as the right and obvious time to do that passed by with Mario sitting on his hands.

The overall problem here is that Mario isn't a good decision maker. I see people saying the team would be great this year if we solved the qb issue. Or if we had taken a knee. Sure. Until the next issue arises and Mario bungles that. Whatever it is. The point is that there are always road bumps and problems and issues to manage. Every year there will be a new set of challenges for the head coach to navigate. Mario can't do it. So each year we're going to be saying....we'd be great if only....

Advertisement
I have a strong dislike for both actually.

They both lack a critical aspect of leadership - accountability.

I was also given this anticipating a giant letdown by the offense in this game. I just wanted to make sure the post FSU fervor is pointed in the right direction.

Hint - it’s not Dawson.
Idk if it is fair to make this a Mario vs Dawson situation. The situation is TVD is hurt and it is affecting his ability to perform.

The HC and OC aren’t in agreement as it pertains to how they want to go about fixing the issue.

Imo they need to play Emory and give him as much as the offensive playbook as he can handle and let the chips fall. TVD is likely gone and IMO so is Brown and seeing how Emory didn’t melt away vs Clemson, all signs point to our best option vs FSU being Emory.

Now if you want to throw an unexpected curveball….you start Jacurri and see what he can do with Dawson and this OL. I just don’t think they will do that

Mario is ***, and will always be ***. He might be the worse Gameday coach in college football. Nothing I’ve heard surprises me. He sucks.
He won a conference title at FIU (still never been done since). He won a Pac 12 title & rose bowl at Oregon…. Is he the best gameday coach? Far from it. But “will always be ***”? I mean let’s step back from the ledge

Advertisement
Back