Nostalgia via these 200 names...

Rellyrell

All-ACC
I think what makes me more sad is the shear number of these top players that dawned the orange and green and how we can barely keep any of them home now. ((((((((((((((((((((((SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Halcyon Daze

Vidi Vici Veni
From that list....I've got Freddie Miles as the single greatest Dade County high school football player....

Hopefully, my fellow rapidly approaching geriatric Canes buds are around to back this up....

fraggle

Redshirt Freshman
One of my favorites is Tucker Fredrickson, played offense and defense at Auburn and dominated Alabama in a game his senior year. I wonder if there are any other two way players today? I mean full time both ways not occasional.

dwreck27

Senior
From that list....I've got Freddie Miles as the single greatest Dade County high school football player....

Hopefully, my fellow rapidly approaching geriatric Canes buds are around to back this up....
Yes Freddie miles!!! A dude who lives in the land of “what could have been”

Hot take: He might be above average in today’s landscape of talent

MainLineCane

No More Excuses

Didn't have the pleasure...but everyone I know who did see him.... also claim that he was

So he must've been something to behold

caneinorlando

Recruit

I'll take it to my Grave that he's the best I've ever seen, not only in Dade...but the entire State...

caneinorlando

Recruit

He'd Shat on any HS RB in Fl now...38yrs later....he was Ranked ahead of Bo Jackson...Hershell Walker and Marcus Dupree in HS....But he "Might" be above average Now??....Lol....

Last edited:

Freddie was sick good. Came out the same year as Buster Rhymes who went to Oklahoma. Played at the last great Miami Springs team. Signed with UM along with WR Antony Frederick and LB Jack Fernandez. Lomas Brown, OT signed with Gators and played over ten years in the NFL. Frederick flunked out. Fernandez was undersized and a backup that stepped up in the 83 NC game against Nebraska, when Kenny Sisk, a Miami Southwest RB made into a LB was injured. All this was back when players played at the geographic zoned HS's. Freddie did not academically qualify, wnet to a California JC, got in trouble and was never heard from again. Truly sad. He would have been a 5* at Bama with an endowment in todays recruiting world.

brock

All-American

Not this particular video but duke had the Best highschool highlight tape I’ve seen at rb tbh on YouTube

Last edited: