Off-Topic Nostalgia from the 90's early 2000's

AK_Cane

Junior
Premium
yall thought this was a football post? Lol no, not getting that feel good from this team for a while just got to trust Mario and co and be patient. ANYWAYS I wanted to chase some nostalgia from that time frame and started collecting Pokémon with my boy recently. Just trying to lighten the mood here haha any other collectors here?

Advertisement
There's a belief amongst some of the classic car people that demand goes up about 30 years after introduction. For instance, the 55-57 Chevy's were stupid expensive in the 80's, the 60's muscle cars got out of reach in the 90's. Today the fox body Mustangs are going up. The logic is that people get nostalgic and are finally at the point where they can afford to indulge themselves. It would stand to reason that Pokemon cards would follow suit.

Video game consoles. Got a Sega Dreamcast three years ago for the first time, and also a 32x a few years ago.

Going to see Phish.

I went to a show this past weekend and they covered No Rain by Blind Melon. That definitely scratched this itch for me.

Advertisement
Always fun to hear what other people are passionate about from their weird hobby investments 😂

Wish I would've kept my kids gold plated Pokemon cards that used to come with those kids meals from Wendy's, those things have to be worth something now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back