Norvell Making Moves

Norvell looks like a good hire. He maintained a good thing at Memphis but none of his teams there ever stopped anyone defensively.

From Al Golden to Justin Fuente to Scott Frost the road is littered with guys who have crashed and burned when they moved up to the Power 5.

We’ll know soon enough.

Advertisement
28702BEF-A12D-48A0-966F-A197413EF8C9.jpeg

Advertisement
Nobody of any competency said Clements was a big deal. His lines at Baylor weren't that great. And he was out of D1 football until Briles pulled him to Houston.

Thomsen on the other hand has HC experience, and has consistently fielded a competitive OL unit. More importantly, he gives FSU a nice Texas pipeline.

And hes not 100 xs better than Barry.

He's probably a billion times superior.

Yea right everyone said Clements was big time , same thing they said about Frey guy before Clements .. now here we are again

Norvell looks like a good hire. He maintained a good thing at Memphis but none of his teams there ever stopped anyone defensively.

From Al Golden to Justin Fuente to Scott Frost the road is littered with guys who have crashed and burned when they moved up to the Power 5.

We’ll know soon enough.
True statement, His defenses were horrible as were the defenses in that whole conference. Every game was like 44-41.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny; b/c last night I happened to tune in to ESPN radio for The Bay, and they only talk Bay Area teams or NBA, and out of no where, they start talking about Norvell’s press conference and his rep among his peers and how highly regarded he was. It’s a chitty connection where I live w that station, but all of a sudden I hear, Norvell will get FSU back to competing for ACC crowns and national titles within 3 yrs, book it.

I know @Liberty City El was very bullish on us hiring him. Hoping that he becomes more Fuentes & less Meyers (regarding G5 becoming P5 coaches)
Clemson is a machine right now, like we were Butch got us back on track. I can see Norvell with second best team in ACC real quick but Clemson right now is in another league....

Advertisement
Back