Norton to the Panthers

You missed the point on purpose. Not one person here, myself included, said Sean Taylor, one of the greatest safeties of all-time, should stay another year. He was ready, Norton clearly was not.

I agree with you 100% that he should have stayed. He made a personal decision that he thought was in his best interest. You and I will disagree with that, but hey, we're not in his shoes.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether you agree with his decision or not, he is still a Cane. He put on the uniform, played well, and stayed out of trouble.

Horrible decision, but still a Cane.

Advertisement
nearly became Carlo Joseph 2.0

But I think he'll have an actual NFL career

I wonder if he regrets leaving early to be a 7th rd pick

He's a cane? He left us with serious depth problems at the d-line spot so he can be cut in training camp and "he's a cane?" Man...

That's his fault? I think the D-Line coach who bolted this offseason should shoulder that blame or the embarassing Golden staff before that was forcing talented kids to go elsewhere. At least this kid signed with Miami and bought into the culture change.

He left early and he got drafted. he's a cane and deserves our support. He's got mine!

So when Sean Taylor left his Junior Year he wasnt a "real cane"......... get our of your orange and green bubble - hope he kicks but

Horrible example cause Sean was an all american 1st round pick. Norton will get hardly anything and will be on practice squad next year

Advertisement
It could be worse, but it still is a problem.
I think it was our '87 NC team that had only three serviceable DTs--Greg Mark, Derwin Jones and one other, maybe it was Bill Hawkins, or somebody else. We were left high and dry after Dan Sileo 0.5 let us down by not being eligible. The jerk didn't even know his own academic status and the fact he had no eligibility left. We could have gone through the season undefeated only to find out we played with an ineligible player. Maybe we should call him Dan Sileo 0.25.

After the three guys who could really play, it was down to Gary Mahon and Earnie Parrish, I think. Russ Maryland might have been a freshman. He couldn't give us much help. No disrespect to Mahon and Parrish but there was quite a drop off from the three in the rotation.

Cause no freshman on any other teams that are highly ranked ever slide into the top 7

So what your saying is that if you are highly ranked its impossible to have problem areas? Any team that pulls that would consider themself to have a problem at DT.

I hope he, and Corn ball out. He’s going to an organization that has a coach who’s familiar w how big bodied DTs need to be used effectively.

Advertisement
Declares early for the draft against the advice of Coach Richt so he can become Mr. Irrelevant. Bravo I say! Bravo! What a joke.

Last edited:
He's a cane? He left us with serious depth problems at the d-line spot so he can be cut in training camp and "he's a cane?" Man...

What a ISHT post.

Dude is every bit of a Cane -- always was and always will be.
You weren't on here questioning his Canehood when he was eating up OL's last year, were you? Da****kouttahere...
I wish he returned next year, but even I understand he did what he thought was best for him and his crew.

So fxck off with your ungrateful, insufferable ignorance.

I hear that but why not come back and actually help us do something special as opposed to beating a seven-win FSU team? He didn't provide for his family today. He is going to get what? 20k signing bonus and if he doesn't make the team... that's it. So he gets, basically, no money and we get depth problems on the d-line. Lose-lose. Real canes don't hurt the family that way.

Counting other people’s money...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back