Norton and McIntosh after this season.

Thoughtsoncanes

Trending Up
I'm worried we drop a few games this season because of our QB situation. Next season I will obviously feel much better about that but I worry about the huge hole in the middle that would be caused if both these guys leave early. If this has already been discussed I apologize but what is the consensus on getting at least one of these guys to come back for their senior year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
It has been discussed ad nauseam - Pete said today there is a very solid chance Norton, McIntosh and Willis all leave. And yes, Kaaya screwed us this year, and it'll be those guys next year.

The bright side is we will have 3 Jr LBs with plenty of experience, and our DE rotation should be deep and talented.

DT recruiting under Kool has been close to non-existent through the first couple cycles.

Would feel much better if he picked up a couple more commits.

There is no easy fix to replace that talent but I assume we will go the grad transfer/JUCO route.

Advertisement
DT recruiting under Kool has been close to non-existent through the first couple cycles.

Would feel much better if he picked up a couple more commits.

We'll at least get 3 good ones. Maybe we get even 4. We shall see.

Yeah I didn't realize Pete mentioned this in another thread. I have utmost faith in coach Kool but **** it be nice just to keep one of these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been discussed ad nauseam - Pete said today there is a very solid chance Norton, McIntosh and Willis all leave. And yes, Kaaya screwed us this year, and it'll be those guys next year.

The bright side is we will have 3 Jr LBs with plenty of experience, and our DE rotation should be deep and talented.

How did Kaaya ***** us? Please explain.

Advertisement
We are not in a position to miss on our DT evals right now.

Ford better be legit. Bethel better develop and perform.

Needed another 1Tech star on board this year in preparation for next year. We didn't get it. Pat Bethel's move is likely to help, but as Scranton mentioned, this has been discussed in dozens of threads at this point:

DT Bethel/Martin/Fines
DT Ford/Silvera

That group will have minimal snaps (not even starts) going into 2018. I despise relying on True Frosh DTs to serve in key roles. In rare cases, they succeed, but they have to be extremely developed and almost dominant forces, ala Clemson's Dexter Lawrence. We may need MULTIPLE JuCo/Grad Transfer players. There's a ton of history around DTs becoming truly reliable around their late 2nd to 3rd years playing the position at the collegiate level. It's why DTs drafted are predominantly 4th year players or even 5th year guys. Really bad data on what happens to early entrant DTs, but we keep hearing it's likely all three of ours leave. If so, we shall need to make serious moves. Can a rumored player-on-the-move like LSU's Logan go JuCo for the year?

Last edited:
We are not in a position to miss on our DT evals right now.

Ford better be legit. Bethel better develop and perform.

Martin has put on some weight it appears.

I don't have any idea if he's good but we might need him to grow up quick.

Advertisement

How did Kaaya ***** us? Please explain.

Use your brain troll

Advertisement
Assuming RJ and Willis both leave, if anyone moves from DE I'd think it might be Djack.

DE: J. Jackson, Garvin, Johnson, Patchan, Rousseau

DT: D. Jackson, Ford, Bethel, Silvera, Martin, Fines

11 confirmed DL heading into 2018 is pretty good considering the circumstances.

Pete has already said we'll go juco this class, if those guys leave we'll add 1-2 next year or transfer. I trust in Kool.

Pete has already said we'll go juco this class, if those guys leave we'll add 1-2 next year or transfer. I trust in Kool.

Can't depend on grad transfers.

We should look very appealing to JUCOs but they're not a sure bet either.

Need to hit on some stud high school DT recruits this cycle.

Can't depend on grad transfers.

We should look very appealing to JUCOs but they're not a sure bet either.

Need to hit on some stud high school DT recruits this cycle.

There'll be a minimum of three DT in this class. Kool got dis

Advertisement
Back