North vs South Florida game

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Why isnt there one played in Orlando a week after the State Championship games?

Divide the State at the I-4 and depending where you HS falls that is what team you play for.

Advertisement
Because it wouldnt be close year in and year out. I like the FL-GA all star game. They should stick with that.

This is just simply a poor take. If that were the case than South Florida teams should never lose a state championship game.. year in year out... there is plenty of talent in the state north of I4... granted they may not have the exposure of the SF kids, there is plenty of kids that go on to be the better players on their respective teams in college... when you take out the All Americans who go play nationally televised all star games, I would bet the game would be much more back and forth over the years than what you are leading on.

Football is played outside of Miami.

Why isnt there one played in Orlando a week after the State Championship games?

Divide the State at the I-4 and depending where you HS falls that is what team you play for.

I think this would be a good idea and would probably garner some good buzz amongst players/families in the state.

This is just simply a poor take. If that were the case than South Florida teams should never lose a state championship game.. year in year out... there is plenty of talent in the state north of I4... granted they may not have the exposure of the SF kids, there is plenty of kids that go on to be the better players on their respective teams in college... when you take out the All Americans who go play nationally televised all star games, I would bet the game would be much more back and forth over the years than what you are leading on.

I disagree on the fact that its a poor take. I do not have a south florida bias. I am from Panama City, I played football my whole life through high school. I have always been in to recruiting and the high school football in the area and the state. I played with and against guys like Bert Reed, Fred Rouse, Enrique Davis, Carlton Johnson..Jeremy Hester and Andre Allen came out a little later, the list goes on and on. While there is a TON of talent in the Duval area, aside from that there is a serious drop once you get up in to the panhandle. Just based on the sheer volume of kids down there, compared to kids up here (who prefer baseball for the most part.. very serious baseball in the panhandle) it just wouldnt make sense to me.

It would be hard to put together a full team of all stars from south florida without leaving out a ton of studs.. I just dont feel like thats reciprocated. Just my take, even if its "poor".

Advertisement
I disagree on the fact that its a poor take. I do not have a south florida bias. I am from Panama City, I played football my whole life through high school. I have always been in to recruiting and the high school football in the area and the state. I played with and against guys like Bert Reed, Fred Rouse, Enrique Davis, Carlton Johnson..Jeremy Hester and Andre Allen came out a little later, the list goes on and on. While there is a TON of talent in the Duval area, aside from that there is a serious drop once you get up in to the panhandle. Just based on the sheer volume of kids down there, compared to kids up here (who prefer baseball for the most part.. very serious baseball in the panhandle) it just wouldnt make sense to me.

It would be hard to put together a full team of all stars from south florida without leaving out a ton of studs.. I just dont feel like thats reciprocated. Just my take, even if its "poor".

OK, put Orlando on the North, Have FLA state Rd 60 be the North/South divide rather the I-4. That would also divide Pinellas and Hillsborough County in half. Would put Lakeland HS's in the North. Would love to see such a game.

OK, put Orlando on the North, Have FLA state Rd 60 be the North/South divide rather the I-4. That would also divide Pinellas and Hillsborough County in half. Would put Lakeland HS's in the North. Would love to see such a game.

I could rock with that

This game would be before those games similar to the Shrine Bowl and the Alabama vs Mississippi game

Advertisement

Well border cities like Tampa, Orlando, and Daytona would be split

Advertisement
I’ve always wanted to see a Dade Vs Broward all-star game played at Traz Powell....that would be epic

Unless they stopped it, this is already a thing (or I guess, used to be). My last year in high school there was a Dade vs Broward game at Dolphins stadium.

Advertisement
They already have one. It use to be at Lakeland’s Bryant Stadium but I think it has moved.

They already have one. It use to be at Lakeland’s Bryant Stadium but I think it has moved.

Yea but not many FBS caliber players play in it.

My concept would be played the weekend before Christmas and after the Early Signing Period.

Advertisement
Back