North Texas’ Graham Harrell, For OC?

Would be a very good hire. I’d rather stay away from the Alabama and Clemson guys that are used to having the Tua’s, Lawrence’s, 5 star OL, etc and get a guy with a great scheme and experience in doing more with less.

Advertisement
We are already taking a chance with Manny as HC. Harrell is still a bit of a unknown as much of his success can be attributed to Littrell. It’s a big risk hire! Diaz should get someone with bit more experience to counter his inexperience.

We are already taking a chance with Manny as HC. Harrell is still a bit of a unknown as much of his success can be attributed to Littrell. It’s a big risk hire! Diaz should get someone with bit more experience to counter his inexperience.

Mark Richt is experienced. Maybe he should hire him.

Harrell is actually my #1 choice and I was a little disappointed at first when his name wasn't coming up in discussions.

I actually prefer Mike Leach disciples Harrell and Sonny Cumbie to Leach himself. They've shown innovation and a willingness to adjust the scheme to incorporate more of a running game and QB option game than Leach cares to. Being purposely one dimensional out of spite is not an attribute I want in a OC.

Advertisement
Mark Richt is experienced. Maybe he should hire him.
Richt definitely needed an updated scheme. However, being a HC requires oversight of a lot of moving parts and ticking time bombs. Manny is going to work really hard until the role slows down for him. Manny will have a full plate and a hire like Harrell might cause more confusion than good.

Would absolutely love this hire if we can somehow pull it off! Harrell would be a fantastic hire and one the team, especially the offense, would rally behind. If he can get Perry (if he’s still here) going or coach up Jarren, then all the better to pick him.

Advertisement
Back