North Carolina Game Day - Week 6

View as article
I wont determine our seasons success or the status of the program, however it will tell us a lot if we can get a blowout win here. It will show me that we are closer to elite than good/great. The elite teams get big wins in games like this, I think we get a win but I dont think it will be a game where the backups get a ton of burn. Or look at it like this, I dont think we see Ryan Williams tonight, barring injury. But we get a solid win by more than 10.

Your wrong dude, if they beat us, we have to beat FSU and VT and everyone else we play, If we win we can afford to lose to FSU(gulp) and beat VT and everyone else. What am saying is, VT plays no one else the rest of the way other than us. I dont think 6-2 can win the coastal for us as i don't see them losing again if we dont beat them. And we need the tie breaker in case we lose to FSU which is a toss up. But we will know that as we play VT after FSU

I disagree. If UNC can beat us (I highly doubt they will) I think they could beat VT. I also believe that Boston College and Maryland could beat VT. VT is in the same boat as Maryland, one loss each against Top 5 teams, and wins against sub-par teams.

And Boston College, although with a worse record than Maryland and VT, has played the most improved football since last year outside of us. Addazio appears to be taking that program in the right direction.

UNC already lost to VT.

You're right. Glossed over that when looking at my schedule. But Maryland and Boston College wont be shoe-in Wins for VT.

Advertisement
Great work as usual. .. Anyone know what unis we are wearing yet?

Golden said on Hurricane Hotline " we will be the guys in all white". He answered Joe Z when he told them Carolina would be in all black.

352.gif

I actually have to stop reading Dan's posts at work!! That junk punch gif expanation literally made me LOL!

Advertisement
I was already juiced for this game....i am even more now that espn showed the 04 game vs unc and the 09 game.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are two roads here. One is the Coastal division and this game and VT are huge for that, so we have to win this game. There are no style points for that so it doesn't matter much if we crush them or not. The other road is the NC. For that, the FSU game is huge and this is merely for style points and the spread is very important. I would like to take them to the woodshed, shut them out, and win by 20. But I think if we just keep winning and get to ACCCG undefeated against an undefeated Clemson, or Clemson with only one loss to FSU, we get the NC. I think that even over a undefeated Oregon. A lot of people will watch Bama v Oregon, but a much bigger number will watch THE U v Bama, or Oregon, or OSU, or TAM, or anybody you can name. By the time we get to ACCCG as an undefeated team, we will be the talk. The Ducks have been flapping around for several years with nothing to show. They are old news. We will be the big draw, IF we are undefeated.

Slooooow down Skippy. Lets just get thru the next few weeks.
We are two roads here. One is the Coastal division and this game and VT are huge for that, so we have to win this game. There are no style points for that so it doesn't matter much if we crush them or not. The other road is the NC. For that, the FSU game is huge and this is merely for style points and the spread is very important. I would like to take them to the woodshed, shut them out, and win by 20. But I think if we just keep winning and get to ACCCG undefeated against an undefeated Clemson, or Clemson with only one loss to FSU, we get the NC. I think that even over a undefeated Oregon. A lot of people will watch Bama v Oregon, but a much bigger number will watch THE U v Bama, or Oregon, or OSU, or TAM, or anybody you can name. By the time we get to ACCCG as an undefeated team, we will be the talk. The Ducks have been flapping around for several years with nothing to show. They are old news. We will be the big draw, IF we are undefeated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back