Norland vs Central

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Internet was spotty af in Traz tonight sorry for no updates. Game was insane, boneheaded decisions, ballsy playcalls, and spectacular plays in the fourth.

DL’s were dominant early, but skill positions took over in the second half. A relatively clean 7-7 game at halftime turned into a 21 point Norland lead to start the 4th quarter.

Norland had a punt return for a TD off a bouncing kick and followed it up with a receiver breaking a long TD though a ten yard out route. Their QB EJ is awkward looking but throws strikes and takes care of the ball while being a major running threat with his feet.
Central took a while to get going but their run game started bashing Norland and QB had one really nice bomb in the endzone. They also matched Norland with a long punt return from a bouncing kick too in the end.

At 28-21 with less than 5 minutes in the game, Norland faked a punt on the 50 to try to put the game away but committed penalties and shot themselves in the foot and had to punt anyways. They ended up giving up a TD, mismanaging their last drive and only surviving by blocking a kick with no time left.

In OT they kept their penalties trend going but managed to stop Centrals QB at the goal line with a crunching hit (he might have even fumbled). Norland won with a 35 yard FG

How's our recruits? How was Blount? Did have time to watch. Thank you in advance
Had his moments but was not dominant. Central’s line game-planned well for him but I didn’t come away thinking he was a clear 5-star all-American DT.

On a re-watch if I would’ve focused in on him maybe I’d think differently, but his impact wasn’t as obvious in the field like Ruben Bain’s was last year.

Shavers had a few run stops but wasn’t too impressive either. positives were that he looked like a leader and has some speed but negatives are simply that he wasn’t an impact player today.

Advertisement
Lawayne McCoy was anonymous out there.

Jamari Howard was impressive. Locked down his side and chased down the Central QB who was huge and athletic. He had two plays where had gave up really bad angles on a run bounced to the outside, and a slant that crossed by him, and missed both tackles.

Isaiah Scott for Norland showed crazy wheels on his punt return and the running back for Central had a lot of juice.

Aside from those guys I was impressed with Norlands QB, EJ Yapoor. Tree trunk legs and good vision running the ball, but made great decisions with his throws and threw with velocity. He might be one to watch, although he has a bit of a strange body and style.

What’s up with that kids recruitment? He seems like a gamer (reminds me D’eriq King)
They’ll take him as QB2. They’re going to probably have him throw in the summer. I would be shocked if they don’t take 2 QBs.

With that being said Nickel is going to be given every shot.

Advertisement
Norland was up 28-7.. In the longest 4th qtr in high school history, Central storm back to force OT 28-28..

In OT, Central QB fumble goin in and Norland knock in FG ftw 31-28

Them boys had the clock turned off and penalties thrown all over. Tried everything to give Central that game....crazy how everything worked except the clock

Was there a problem with Central’s QB this year ? I mean they had Smith and Evans but, they didn’t have one guy or was it the coaching? I heard there were issues on the sidelines-

How did those California DT transfers do?

Ennio Yapoor to me he’s the best dual threat QB in SF-He’s back next year too.

Had his moments but was not dominant. Central’s line game-planned well for him but I didn’t come away thinking he was a clear 5-star all-American DT.

On a re-watch if I would’ve focused in on him maybe I’d think differently, but his impact wasn’t as obvious in the field like Ruben Bain’s was last year.

Shavers had a few run stops but wasn’t too impressive either. positives were that he looked like a leader and has some speed but negatives are simply that he wasn’t an impact player today.
Thank for the update.

Shavers has always been a drop candidate for me, but given our LB room has a ton of potential from the ‘23 class, I guess it’s not the worst thing in the world to keep him. Rumors FSU might drop McCoy too as he’s been MIA a lot this year. Hope we don’t try to flip him just for the headline of flipping an FSU recruit. Remember - many on here said Miami cooled on him back in the summer. Seems there’s a reason why.

Jamari Howard will be a good college corner, we screwed up here. He’s got speed and you already recruit speed. You can’t teach that, you can teach better angles though.

Advertisement
Back