None of Michigan State assistant coaches will remain

If our offense can generate big leads, the defense should feast as MSU will be forced to throw more than they want to which plays right into the hands of Miami's pass rush.

Advertisement
I disagree..I see UMD or Rutgers before Indiana... specifically being more football minded states and eventually trying to keep talent at home.

Interesting to see if it happens.

Rutgers? Seriously?

The highest point in their history is the 2006 Louisville game. The second highest point is probably the first three quarters of the 2002 Miami game.

Yeah Schiano has been under Meyer ..he knows what it takes now. They will still be like 6-8 in the B10.. Osu...psu..mich..Wisconsin...Minnesota are better than Indiana ...northwestern is a tough out too..
Rutgers? Seriously?

The highest point in their history is the 2006 Louisville game. The second highest point is probably the first three quarters of the 2002 Miami game.

Rutgers and Maryland are lucky to be in the Big 10. IMO they are two poor decisions in a tremendous Jim Delaney career. Maryland can be competitive in mens hoops and is trying to be competitive in football, but can't get there until they keep talent at home. Maybe that is beginning to happen under the new staff. We'll see.

Rutgers is just a ****hole. It may be the State University of New Jersey, but that is like being not quite the fattest fat chick (sorry Paranos). They won't ever be anything.

Yeah Ron Burton got hired at Indiana yesterday, their longtime WR's coach Terrence Samuel got hired by Arroyo at UNLV earlier this week, he was moved to coaching DB's for this season but spent the last 9 years as WR's coach.

Mike Tressel is one of the best DC's in the business, he's always had Mich St with one of the best Run Defenses since 2011, he also has extensive experience as a ST's coach as well.

He would be a significant upgrade over Patke & even though I know Diaz wouldn't fire Patke, if I were him I would put a call in to Tressel to see if he wants to come down here & be an analyst for a season like coaches do when they go to Bama for a year then get rehired at another gig somewhere else.

He probably is already getting phone calls to be somebody's new DC now, but he definitely runs that old school 4-3 that Wannstache used to run here, with Cover 4 Quarters on the outside. He could fit here imo & help out our Run defensive scheme IF we were even smart enough to attempt to bring him in & if he would even be interested.
Good stuff about Tressel. See if Manny was good coach, he gets this guy to upgrade his defense instead of just staying the same. Manny never ran old Cane D. If Tressel does than we need him for DC. If he can do something with STs that would be frigging great. They have stunk since Randy left -- think about you that for a minute.

Advertisement
I'm all in for prying Burton away from Indiana and moving Stroud to an Analyst position.

Yeah Schiano has been under Meyer ..he knows what it takes now. They will still be like 6-8 in the B10.. Osu...psu..mich..Wisconsin...Minnesota are better than Indiana ...northwestern is a tough out too..

Schiano sucked as Rutgers DC. Ryan Day fired him right after taking over.

And actually Schiano wasn’t good at Rutgers until Miami, Va Tech and BC left the Big East. He was 12-33 in his first 4 years with no bowl berths. He probably would have been fired after anywhere from 2 to 4 years had he been coaching today.

Rutgers and Maryland are lucky to be in the Big 10. IMO they are two poor decisions in a tremendous Jim Delaney career. Maryland can be competitive in mens hoops and is trying to be competitive in football, but can't get there until they keep talent at home. Maybe that is beginning to happen under the new staff. We'll see.

Rutgers is just a ****hole. It may be the State University of New Jersey, but that is like being not quite the fattest fat chick (sorry Paranos). They won't ever be anything.

Exactly.

Rutgers sucks historically in both b-ball and football. They got into the Big 10 because of some stupid myth that they carry the NJ and even NYC tv markets.

Maryland was more of a meh selection, but there wasn’t a lot of point in adding them. And their current coach was really bad at New Mexico, so they’ll suck until they fire him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If our offense can generate big leads, the defense should feast as MSU will be forced to throw more than they want to which plays right into the hands of Miami's pass rush.
MSU doesn’t have a quarterback or playmakers. They have a solid d and always do but they’re losing Wilkes and Williams which is huge for us

Strictly from a football angle, I think both of those programs were good acquisitions for the Big10 as you see more kids from NJ, metroBalt/DC area attending those schools.
Obviously, StatePenn and Ohio State were already pulling from that area, but it has helped the other schools too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back