None of Michigan State assistant coaches will remain

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20200213-230344_Twitter.jpg

Would any of there coaches be a fit on Diaz Staff?

Advertisement
Wow guessing that was one of the conditions of Mel coming over from Colorado. It’s a shame was really hoping he’d stay with the Buffaloes, he’s a helluva good coach. He will have MSU playing tough, physical football. We beat be prepared for that when we head up to East Lansing.

Not at all a surprise that the entire offensive staff got fired. I am surprised that the entire defensive staff also got fired.

Dantonio’s offenses at the end were really bad, and he did a really goofy thing after 2018 where he reassigned every offensive coach to coach a different position rather than firing anybody.

Don’t understand why the defensive staff was fired, though.

Advertisement
I think their DL coach Ron Burton already jumped to Indiana.
I liked their DC Tressel, but he is not a fit. He will land somewhere soon.
Yeah Ron Burton got hired at Indiana yesterday, their longtime WR's coach Terrence Samuel got hired by Arroyo at UNLV earlier this week, he was moved to coaching DB's for this season but spent the last 9 years as WR's coach.

Mike Tressel is one of the best DC's in the business, he's always had Mich St with one of the best Run Defenses since 2011, he also has extensive experience as a ST's coach as well.

He would be a significant upgrade over Patke & even though I know Diaz wouldn't fire Patke, if I were him I would put a call in to Tressel to see if he wants to come down here & be an analyst for a season like coaches do when they go to Bama for a year then get rehired at another gig somewhere else.

He probably is already getting phone calls to be somebody's new DC now, but he definitely runs that old school 4-3 that Wannstache used to run here, with Cover 4 Quarters on the outside. He could fit here imo & help out our Run defensive scheme IF we were even smart enough to attempt to bring him in & if he would even be interested.

Yeah Ron Burton got hired at Indiana yesterday, their longtime WR's coach Terrence Samuel got hired by Arroyo at UNLV earlier this week, he was moved to coaching DB's for this season but spent the last 9 years as WR's coach.

Mike Tressel is one of the best DC's in the business, he's always had Mich St with one of the best Run Defenses since 2011, he also has extensive experience as a ST's coach as well.

He would be a significant upgrade over Patke & even though I know Diaz wouldn't fire Patke, if I were him I would put a call in to Tressel to see if he wants to come down here & be an analyst for a season like coaches do when they go to Bama for a year then get rehired at another gig somewhere else.

He probably is already getting phone calls to be somebody's new DC now, but he definitely runs that old school 4-3 that Wannstache used to run here, with Cover 4 Quarters on the outside. He could fit here imo & help out our Run defensive scheme IF we were even smart enough to attempt to bring him in & if he would even be interested.

L, you get it! The little ****! Manny needs to understand that's how it makes your job easy...

Wow guessing that was one of the conditions of Mel coming over from Colorado. It’s a shame was really hoping he’d stay with the Buffaloes, he’s a helluva good coach. He will have MSU playing tough, physical football. We beat be prepared for that when we head up to East Lansing.
Msu always played tough physical football under the former coach....nothing new here

I would still call Burton and see if he has any interest. Move stroud to an off field position.

Advertisement
People will laugh or dismiss, but Indiana (yeah freakin Indiana) has been making some moves for a couple of years now.

Will they be great? Of course not. Will they win the Big 10 or even their division? No. But pay attention. If Indiana gets back and back 8-9 win seasons that coach is off to bigger things. And they won 8 this last year.

We didn't.

People will laugh or dismiss, but Indiana (yeah freakin Indiana) has been making some moves for a couple of years now.

Will they be great? Of course not. Will they win the Big 10 or even their division? No. But pay attention. If Indiana gets back and back 8-9 win seasons that coach is off to bigger things. And they won 8 this last year.

We didn't.
I disagree..I see UMD or Rutgers before Indiana... specifically being more football minded states and eventually trying to keep talent at home.

Interesting to see if it happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagree..I see UMD or Rutgers before Indiana... specifically being more football minded states and eventually trying to keep talent at home.

Interesting to see if it happens.

UMD and Rutgers definitely have more potential insofar as their respective local high school recruiting scene is concerned but, unfortunately for them, their local kids are leaving their area in droves.....most of them going to other Big10 schools.....but agree with Rusty regarding Indiana...their HC has done a good job building on what Kevin Wilson left him, which was a pretty good roster and brought in some good assistants...I can see him ending up at a bigger program.

This bodes well for UM. MSU will be installing a new offense to one that wasn't that good last year. Wait....That sounds like UM. Yes, but I believe we have the right offense to allow our elite players to showcase their abilities.

If MSU can't run the ball, I think they're going to have a rough time all season beginning with UM.

If King can get the offense rolling, we need to hang 40+ on them and show dominance. We need to score that much because at the end the season, a win at MSU won't look that great when they finish sub .500.

Advertisement
Back