Non Miami ACC tournament games

Miami04

Senior
6-4 Clemson over UL top of the 3rd.

If UL goes 0-2 in this tournament they have to be in danger of not making the NCAA right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are 100% out if they lose both. 70% out if they go 1-1
I’m not sure I’d go that far. There was a stat they showed a bunch during the UL series that said something like 70% of teams that finished the ACC season .500 made the tournament

Must be thinking of the old Charlotte stadium (that was in South Carolina) - because this one is a bandbox. 315 down the RF line.
**** so it’s like wake forest. I hate when we travel up there. Great that we have so many lefties though

Advertisement
Maybe our hitters will wake up.
I actually don't like the bandbox parks. Our hitters pull off the ball as it is, the short porch only seems to compound things. Hope I am wrong, but either way, I am sure we'll see nothing but junk throwing LHs anyway. Toral may not see one inside - middle fastball the entire tournament. He needs to think up the middle like he was doing a few weeks ago.

I’m not sure I’d go that far. There was a stat they showed a bunch during the UL series that said something like 70% of teams that finished the ACC season .500 made the tournament

Their RPI is god awful. Might be too much to overcome

Advertisement
DBB8695B-9A71-4BEA-96FF-3913E0BB5C2F.png

todays game schedule

55D16E53-EF36-4597-8E21-D320D4D228F1.png

Yesterday’s scores. You have to assume that Clemson and VT played themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.

Dookies up 1-0 and still threatening in the 1st.

Check that. 5-0 dook. Only 5 batters have come to the plate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dookies up 1-0 and still threatening in the 1st.

Check that. 5-0 dook. Only 5 batters have come to the plate.
Duke has won like 12 of 13 and 7 in a row. They may be a very tough game tomorrow.

The only negative with Duke winning today is that our first game will be an elimination game tomorrow.

9-1 Duke. 8th

tomorrow will be an elimination game for us.

One of the 2 games was always going to be meaningless. I'd rather that game be vs FSU than Duke. Obviously anything can happen in 1 baseball game but this is what we wanted to happen. Win tomorrow and Friday's game is irrelevant. Get ready for Saturday.

Advertisement
Back