Noles @ Canes 7 p.m. Game 1

No but sometimes a couple days off can reset a player. It's not like he wouldn't be getting hitting done in the cage. I don't think it's always best to just continue to run someone out there that is constantly striking out especially a freshman. It can kill their confidence sometimes. Or at a minimum move him down the order for a while so he doesn't continue to come up in big spots
Worked out today also.....

Advertisement
Worked out today also.....
Ok? If you watch baseball you hear it all the time. They talk about giving guys a day or two off when they are struggling or pressing. Or moving them down in the order to try and take the pressure off. U dont just leave a freshman in the same spot if they are continuing to struggle. He's still leading the team in strikeouts. I'm glad he had better games this weekend but it also was against a horrible FSU team. If he continues to do it this weekend then he's probably snapped out of it. But if he continues to lead in Ks you probably don't want him in the meat of the order coming up with more RBI chances

Is Long hurt? With Cyr about 1 for 16 lately why not Long at DH?
He’s not hurt, but you wouldn’t know it. He’s batting like .600 and I think the milkshake racers have been on the field longer.

Advertisement
Back