Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

They really do just need to burn it down and start over.... Once they **** the bed vs UM and Herb went in on them, they made a panic move and fired Willie thinking they could get a quick replacement. Well that was 3 weeks ago and still no replacement with early signing day less than a month away.

Advertisement
Pj fleck - he aint going to fsu. He is under zero pressure to win, makes great money, fits in with the culture and the midwest. Will wait for a bigger job in the big 10
Matt cambell- has no agent, apparently will bot serious discuss anything until after the season
James franklin - come on, dude has it made at psu, home state, makes great money, fits in the culture

my guess - dino barbers or norvell

fsu gonna beat the gator next week

My brother contributed a good deal towards the last FSU fundraiser when they were in the red last year, this is the message I got when he forwarded me the fundraising email:

Proof they didn't ******* think this through. You can't fire Taggart and eat the buyout unless the boosters already agreed to fund the next hire. Morons.

My brother contributed a good deal towards the last FSU fundraiser when they were in the red last year, this is the message I got when he forwarded me the fundraising email:
I for sure thought they must have had somebody lined up to make such a move. The problem with that is, the big BIG money guys that run that AD probably thought that as well. Looks like ego must have got the best of em lmao ya hate to see it.

Nole fans are still in the denial phase of the process, where they're telling themselves that FSU is a premier job and that any and every top coach in the country wants it. Soon they'll hire a less than elite coach and the fans will switch to the' FSU is better at identifying coaching talent than everyone else' stage. If that stage sounds familiar that's because it's the same one that had them convinced that Taggart was an elite coach waiting to happen, who would rule the college football world at FSU despite coming in with a below .500 record for his career. Personally, I'm looking forward to the 'holy sh-t, what the **** happened' phase that comes when they're still getting owned by UM and UF and find themselves losing to Syracuse and BC in another 2 years.

Attachments

• 5DA434C8-3EBD-4C53-8A1B-F903BC66BE8D.jpeg
    5DA434C8-3EBD-4C53-8A1B-F903BC66BE8D.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 15
Advertisement
Advertisement

I don't get the Franklin angle at all. I mean, he'd be a good hire and we all know FSU fans are delusional enough to think FSU is a better job than PSU right now. But why would a Pa. guy, who's having success at PSU and playing for a shot at the playoffs at a major school with plenty of money to compete, want to leave that program, go to a state he's never lived in, take over a program with uncertainty in the administration, unrealistic short-term expectations, and serious questions about money for the football program? Trying to be as unbiased as I can be, I don't see how that would be a good move for Franklin. The most likely scenario IMO is Franklin uses the interest from FSU and possibly USC to help him in getting a new extension with PSU.

Advertisement
They really do just need to burn it down and start over.... Once they **** the bed vs UM and Herb went in on them, they made a panic move and fired Willie thinking they could get a quick replacement. Well that was 3 weeks ago and still no replacement with early signing day less than a month away.

What they were doing was not giving willie a chance to beat BC and become bowl eligible. They feared him showing any type of improvement from the year before record-wise would look even worse if they fired him.

I don't get the Franklin angle at all. I mean, he'd be a good hire and we all know FSU fans are delusional enough to think FSU is a better job than PSU right now. But why would a Pa. guy, who's having success at PSU and playing for a shot at the playoffs at a major school with plenty of money to compete, want to leave that program, go to a state he's never lived in, take over a program with uncertainty in the administration, unrealistic short-term expectations, and serious questions about money for the football program? Trying to be as unbiased as I can be, I don't see how that would be a good move for Franklin. The most likely scenario IMO is Franklin uses the interest from FSU and possibly USC to help him in getting a new extension with PSU.

Heard a national podcast say that Franklin would love to have better access to Florida recruits. That aside, nothing else about it make sense. The most likely scenario is that he's just trying to get a raise/extension out of PSU.

NittanyFalco
Posted on 3 hrs, V I P, User Since 11 months ago, User Post Count: 178
  • 3 hrsVIP
  • 11 months
Noles247 has confirmed on Wednesday representatives from FSU and Penn State coach James Franklin, have at this point, spoken about the opportunity.

Again, James could very easily make a definitive statement, but he routinely avoids it. It's up for debate as to why, so everyone will read into it differently.

Personally, I feel that if he doesn't have support at Penn State to keep up in the arms race that is college football, he will exit. He uses these rumors as leverage for many things...and I actually don't think one of them is his personal salary.

Advertisement
NittanyFalco
Posted on 3 hrs, V I P, User Since 11 months ago, User Post Count: 178
  • 3 hrsVIP
  • 11 months
Noles247 has confirmed on Wednesday representatives from FSU and Penn State coach James Franklin, have at this point, spoken about the opportunity.

Again, James could very easily make a definitive statement, but he routinely avoids it. It's up for debate as to why, so everyone will read into it differently.

Personally, I feel that if he doesn't have support at Penn State to keep up in the arms race that is college football, he will exit. He uses these rumors as leverage for many things...and I actually don't think one of them is his personal salary.
Have to love updates like this. They have "spoken about the opportunity." Them calling his agent and his agent saying not interested would fall under "spoken about the opportunity." I guess at least their AD has taken more than 6 hours to gauge other people's interest and allow them to say no.

Same as I said when they thought they were getting Bob Stoops... I have no insider knowledge, just a disappointing amount of common sense and critical thinking, and I can tell you there is a 0% chance that James Franklin is going to Florida State. Why would he possibly leave a program that is in the top 5-10, is in his home area, has a packed house every weekend, and he has spent a couple of years rebuilding to go to that situation. Any combination of firing Taggart in less than 2 years, the financial situation, the AD/Booster Club dynamic, and state of the program would be enough to deter top candidates, but to have all four of them is nuts. I actually have no idea how a large state school even managed the financial situation that they are in.

Advertisement
Back