Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
DJ is above average.

He was 39th in the country in passer rating.

12th in total QBR.

20th in PAA, which is literally points scored over a dead average QB.

28th in EPA.

He's not bad. But he's not great, and he doesn't elevate your team at all. Oregon State went 8-4 last year. They went 9-3 the previous season. He got benched several times in 2022 and they had to turn to a true freshman.

Point blank, he's a downgrade from Travis. And more so, he can't turn and hand the ball to Tre Benson (Likely a Day 2 NFL pick), nor throw it to Jonny Wilson, Keon Coleman, or Jaheim Bell. Sure, there will be replacements for those kids, but will they be the same level? HIGHLY doubtful. So they're worse at QB and their weapons are worse. Maybe not off a cliff worse, but indisputably worse.
He’s the exact opposite of Travis. Travis was dynamic and occasionally a magician. He had a knack for turning nothing into something. Their entire offense last year was just one big scramble drill. Ukelele is stiff and robotic. He can be effective if the play call is the right call and everyone executes correctly. He’s not going to carry a team. He’s peak game manager type. He’ll play well enough not to lose games. He’ll do his best to get the ball to their top skill players. But if they ask him to win games for them like they did with Travis practically every week, they’re in trouble. He’s a career 59% passer who’s best season would be considered “above average”. He was below average at Clemson.

He’s the exact opposite of Travis. Travis was dynamic and occasionally a magician. He had a knack for turning nothing into something. Their entire offense last year was just one big scramble drill. Ukelele is stiff and robotic. He can be effective if the play call is the right call and everyone executes correctly. He’s not going to carry a team. He’s peak game manager type. He’ll play well enough not to lose games. He’ll do his best to get the ball to their top skill players. But if they ask him to win games for them like they did with Travis practically every week, they’re in trouble. He’s a career 59% passer who’s best season would be considered “above average”. He was below average at Clemson.

I was speaking more to last year specifically but what you wrote is very accurate. Unlike DJ 😂

Advertisement
FB_IMG_1712327861405.jpg

Georgia Tech getting 11.5 points out in Ireland seems a bit much, I’d expect that to creep down closer to 10.5/10, maybe single digits.

Especially if DJ continues on his flattened trajectory + they fail to add impactful players in the portal. I just don’t see a team capable of blowing out teams like they did a few times last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This pic is brutal. Still wearing the whistle too
He takes cringe to a new level. Harbaugh is weird and goofy. Norvel is straight up cringe. I may dislike Dabo, Mack Brown, and Satan more than Norvel for various reasons, but they never give off the creepy vibes like him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back