Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
1703995964914.png

Advertisement

Here is what is INSANELY stupid on the part of the F$U fans.

It is no longer 1987. The choice of "declining the bowl invitation" is no longer a choice that F$U can make on its own, as an independent team.

But it's 2023, and F$U is now CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to accept the invitation on behalf of the ACC. Had F$U immediately "declined" the invitation for a non-COVID reason, I'm certain that the ACC could have similarly "declined" to pay F$U its full revenue share for this academic year. Not having the CFP rankings in front of me, I'm not sure who would have been in the Orange Bowl if F$U had declined, but at some point there would have been a loss of revenue due to having one fewer ACC team in bowl games and/or getting assigned lower-payout bowl games after "skipping" the Orange Bowl.

And, I would point out, when F$U JUUUUUUST filed a lawsuit against the ACC, I seriously doubt it would be a good negotiating ploy for F$U to intentionally breach the terms and obligations of the ACC contractual agreements by "opting out" of the Orange Bowl.

But, yeah, the F$U fans are busy tuff-talking over on their boards. Just laugh at them (gently) and point a finger at them while smiling...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back