Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

It’s not a stupid narrative. Take a look at the HS class sizes signed by Norvell since he’s been there. Furthermore…

-Colby Young came out of JUCO.

-You cited two running backs who maybe combined for 150 carries this past season

-“Two of our only healthy DT’s” in Deen and Gore is an erroneous statement as well.

Looks like roughly half of your citations are either incorrect or misjudged at best.

The point being made, and something tells me you already know this, is the exclusive reliance on the portal which is what Norvell, at least to this point, has and will continue to have to rely on. Pretty defensive there about FSU eh?
And what are we looking to do at QB right now? Portal one in. #1 wide receiver? Also portal. Starting center? That is a portal addition too. It's okay to admit we like the portal as much as anyone else.

Advertisement
Listened to this in summary regarding Jj and blount

@Cribby Will appreciate this bs:

Jj - they believed Jj was a silent commit after the fsu/miami, he supposedly told multiple fsu players he was committing. The fool on the top left said he had a chaminade coach source who told him 100% Jj was going to FSU. This part I believe and is the best part, this Tuesday Jj told fsu he was out and fsu could not even put their last and best nil Offer to jj

Blount - Novell tried to do an in home on Tuesday, they rang the bell, either they ignored or they were not home. So he ghosted them…. Lol

They are befuddled why they keep losing out on 5 stars on signing day consistently, that’s bc ur coach is a whiteboy who had cornrows
Could you have an in home on Tuesday the day before nsd? Must be another week

I See You No GIF by Jason Earls
The whinging over losing Blount is amazing. "We get treated like this BY OUR OWN COMMIT (who we actively worked to flip from the hometown rival he eventually flipped back to)?!"

Those guys are so entitled and delusional.

Advertisement
Because it’s a stupid narrative to push that lacks self awareness. If you want to get on them for HS recruiting that’s fine, but we benefitted from the portal same as they did:

- 2 of our best Olinemen last year were portal guys. (Lee and Cohen)
- starting TE was a portal guy (McCormick)
- One of our top WR was a portal guy (Colbie)
- 2 of our running backs were portal guys (Parrish and Allen)
- best linebacker was a portal guy (kiko; also Cloyd stepped up)
- best corner was a portal guy (DPJ)
- 1/2 of our top nickels was a portal guy (J Davis)
- two of our only healthy DT’s were portal guys (Deen and Gore)

Every single person I just named took serious snaps and contributed to our team last year. Many of those were starters or bare minimum heavy rotational guys.
Every team should be using the portal. It's stupid to not take advantage of it.

With that said, there's a difference between a second year coach going portal heavy to flip a roster and a fourth year guy who has recruited poorly still relying on portal players as a majority of his impact players. By year 5, Norvell shouldn't need to use the portal to be filling multiple starting positions on his team for next year but he's going to have to. I get using it to patch holes but if they don't sign 5 or six impact transfer starters for next year, they're going to suck. They haven't built their roster, especially on the lines, around recruits. They have to replace transfers with transfers.

Because it’s a stupid narrative to push that lacks self awareness. If you want to get on them for HS recruiting that’s fine, but we benefitted from the portal same as they did:

Every single person I just named took serious snaps and contributed to our team last year. Many of those were starters or bare minimum heavy rotational guys.
Those are good points, and I know that we had slightly more portal players on our roster than FSU last year.

Perhaps it was a late night generalization, but I was thinking of FSU’s most prominent players. They were all portal players aside from Travis, and even he was a transfer (pre portal). Then compare against Miami. Wide receivers were all recruited. Top running back was a recruit. Top defensive linemen was a recruit.

Advertisement

Take your argument to another of the 100 threads discussing this. @jps2344

This is Semenhole/Nole tears.

Advertisement
I love these guys are like "Miami fans have put out a false narrative that FSU NIL ghetto" but then they talk about how there own players have gone public about not getting enough money LMAO. Lets blame the Miami fans for the collapse of there class :6fps6:. I'm surprised they're not blaming the ACC

What's even worse is that F$U (via the Collective, Athletic Department, and writers) has allowed the same consistent narrative to circulate each time:

"Ascending Player X, who was a backup last year, wants the same amount of money that Outgoing Starter Player Y was making last year, and he simply isn't worth it and is greedy and is ungrateful."

And then they wonder why their players are leaving.

Look, I get it, some of these younger players got sidelined by the Portal Parade, though they were still members of the team and want to benefit from the overall success of the team. So...PAY THEM...

I get it, the F$U fans and writers want to act all virtuous in "holding the line" on excessive NIL. BUT IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY. Who cares? If a few F$U players are "overpaid", who really cares? If you want to lose a bunch of depth, and then have to rely on freshmen and Portal replacements YET AGAIN, then go ahead and play that game of chicken.

But for the love of God, don't blame Miami fans for this "false narrative". As if you haven't been telling recruits that John Ruiz is broke and doesn't honor his commitments. Give me a ******* break.

Advertisement
Norvell is going into his 5th year there. UGA and Bama use the portal, they are not reliant on it to fill their roster. FSU won 23 games in 2 years, they should be in similar position. They should be in the same league as Texas. They had a 2 year head start on Cristobal. Comparing the 2 is stupid. And u man defending Norvell like he is some savant, please. They crowed about theor class all season and got picked apart by the real wolves at the end. Their season was a facade. Im definitely going to the game in Hard Rock. Last time they smoked us, i cant wait

Difference is that norveLLLLLLLL had two seasons of high school recruiting(that both were in the late teens & 20’s—if I remember correctly) that he didn’t DEVELOP…THEN HE HIT DA PORTAL HARD(for kids that were ALREADY DEVELOPED)in year three & won ten games…then, in year 4, HE HIT DA PORTAL HARD again(for more DEVELOPED KIDS) and consequently went undefeated with da majority of his two-deep with KIDS THAT HE DIDN’T RECRUIT or DEVELOP….Oh, and I forgot his 1st two year records BEFORE he hit DA PORTAL…can you help me out with that???

Miami had the third most snaps played by freshmen in the country. Two freshmen All-Americans. Freshmen started at QB, RB, OT, CB, and DL. All important spots in college football.

There’s a (true) narrative with Norvell now, and the comparison isn’t even close lol. Mario’s proven his recruits will play and play early.

Difference is that norveLLLLLLLL had two seasons of high school recruiting(that both were in the late teens & 20’s—if I remember correctly) that he didn’t DEVELOP…THEN HE HIT DA PORTAL HARD(for kids that were ALREADY DEVELOPED)in year three & won ten games…then, in year 4, HE HIT DA PORTAL HARD again(for more DEVELOPED KIDS) and consequently went undefeated with da majority of his two-deep with KIDS THAT HE DIDN’T RECRUIT or DEVELOP….Oh, and I forgot his 1st two year records BEFORE he hit DA PORTAL…can you help me out with that???

Actually, there is a one-year lag with Prison Mike on the Portal kids. Outside of Keon Coleman and Jaheim Bell, most of the 2023 F$U Portal roster came in the years prior to 2023.

But your overall point is correct, the F$U success of the past two years is Portal driven. And the reason that I point out the lag is because in 2023, other schools began to take the Portal more seriously (including the massive Portal class that Neon Deion signed). So in 2023, F$U was not able to "dominate" Portal recruiting as they had when the best schools were scared of going too hard in the Portal.

Advertisement
Back