Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Is it good for the players? Of course, as long as the contracts aren’t fraudulent.

Is it good for the Canes? Yes, as long as we have the funding.

Is it bad for competitive balance? Yes. Let’s say a Saudi firm gets involved and is tied to…let’s say Rutgers. They could spend $250M a year on an NIL payroll and field a team of all stars every year that would be perpetually as dominant as Army was in WW2. So if Rutgers goes in wins 15 of the next 17 NCs, the sport becomes stale and people lose interest. I don’t like the idea of signing a Bain and then losing him a year later to a 7M a year deal, of Miami and every other team being a farm team for one school that has an outsized patron.

There needs to be collective bargaining and a form of an earnings cap.
100% agree.
It’s already ridiculous.
I blame the NCAA for this mess and the destruction of college football as we know it.
First, they didn’t allow any compensation for the players, which is ridiculous. Which lead to corruption and black market payments. Then, they allowed a select few schools to get away with illegal payments, while enforcing the rules on other schools. Now we just have a free for all, that is going to ruin programs.

Been a college football fan my entire life. I enjoyed college football so much more than the NFL. The history, traditions, rivalry’s, pageantry and school pride. That’s now mostly gone and we are left with NFL light with University logos on the helmets.

100% agree.
It’s already ridiculous.
I blame the NCAA for this mess and the destruction of college football as we know it.
First, they didn’t allow any compensation for the players, which is ridiculous. Which lead to corruption and black market payments. Then, they allowed a select few schools to get away with illegal payments, while enforcing the rules on other schools. Now we just have a free for all, that is going to ruin programs.

Been a college football fan my entire life. I enjoyed college football so much more than the NFL. The history, traditions, rivalry’s, pageantry and school pride. That’s now mostly gone and we are left with NFL light with University logos on the helmets.
You summarized this really well. I've always thought of the NCAAs "enforcement" of the NIL policy as a bunch of whiny children that were told they can't have their way any more and instead of growing a pair and implementing something that's fair to the athletes, they just made it the wild west to prove a point that we shouldn't allow players to be paid what they're worth. Now they've made CFB a shell of what it was because they just wanted to prove a point and didn't put any policies in place to keep players paid fairly while keeping the sport true to CFB nature.

To be fair, the players are essentially doing what coaches have done for years, but without the buyout clauses that are included in coaching contracts.

100% agree.
It’s already ridiculous.

NCAA.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
100% agree.
It’s already ridiculous.

That was the biggest issue. Certain schools could get away with suspect, public activities without even an investigation. But to keep the veneer of legitimacy, they would go after others. Miami was the perfect case - well known enough to be the candidate to prove the NCAA's legitimacy back in 2011 - but not a true blue blood that would upset television partners. The schools that appear to have gotten away with enhanced recruiting thus widened the gap between themselves and all others, destroying competitive balance.

That was the biggest issue. Certain schools could get away with suspect, public activities without even an investigation. But to keep the veneer of legitimacy, they would go after others. Miami was the perfect case - well known enough to be the candidate to prove the NCAA's legitimacy back in 2011 - but not a true blue blood that would upset television partners. The schools that appear to have gotten away with enhanced recruiting thus widened the gap between themselves and all others, destroying competitive balance.

Very well said.

Advertisement
If Blount flips as expected, we'll pass them. If Bolden flips to Auburn, they're close to falling out of the Top 10. Either way, it would be both of their 5* recruits.
You remember the summer of 3 star Mario…the epic video of receipts of UF and fsu fans on signing day is almost upon us.

Prepare yourselves. Hide the women and children…and add five more servers to keep this site running.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back