Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Yeah but that's also part of the reason portal teams aren't being built for sustained success if they're heavy in the portal. It's a temporary bandage you go to for a team that's already built. Because by going heavy portal yearly you're tying ur success (or failure)to it yearly because then ur neglecting homegrown kids. If I go out of high school somewhere and that school neglects coaching me up and developing me on the field for them they're telling me clearly their views. So now it's time to hit the portal myself.
Its not temporary anymore.

The portal aint just for graduate transfers with 1 year of elgibility. Its guys in there with 2 and 3 years.

With the free flow of the transfers you would be best to play the portal game when your a team like Miami. Your forever a portal destination and you have the base toalways supply your hs needs.

I mean its right in everyone face with FSU it literally got them 10 wins and now they are getting the recruits. And thats off of 1 year of winning because they were some sh*t just the year before. i t got there fan base seeing themselves as playoff contenders. Im hoping they fall off a cliff next year...i have them being good this year and the way there class looks they are hitting so far. They gonna end up big in the portal again next class though.

Advertisement
Its not temporary anymore.

The portal aint just for graduate transfers with 1 year of elgibility. Its guys in there with 2 and 3 years.

With the free flow of the transfers you would be best to play the portal game when your a team like Miami. Your forever a portal destination and you have the base toalways supply your hs needs.

I mean its right in everyone face with FSU it literally got them 10 wins and now they are getting the recruits. And thats off of 1 year of winning because they were some sh*t just the year before. i t got there fan base seeing themselves as playoff contenders. Im hoping they fall off a cliff next year...i have them being good this year and the way there class looks they are hitting so far. They gonna end up big in the portal again next class though.
But fspoo proves that exact example. You can't go heavy to the portal every year cause then you're gonna lose out on the top tier recruits from high school consistently. No matter how anyone feels on it the portal will never be any legit colleges first choice. It is now and always will be a back up plan. And if we did continuously emphasize the portal then we'd continuously de emphasize high school recruiting which were more than aware where that leads around here.

There’s two types of players available in the portal for the most part. Guys who flopped at their original school and are trying to salvage their career at a “step down” school. And guys who were productive small school players trying to make a name for themselves with one big season at a bigger program. Most of the guys from the second group are one year rentals. So even if you hit, you only get that guy for one year. The first group is a bit riskier. Not everyone transferring from a big school is a bum. Some guys were good, they just got beat out by a better player at their old school. But a lot of those guys are transferring because they couldn’t cut it.

Yes, I’m aware there’s other types of portal guys but players like Javion Cohen, who was starting at Alabama but wanted out, are the small minority. The vast majority of transfers aren’t starting quality guys from major programs

i personally would stay on some of uf recruits if i were us.

The noles will have a good clas this year..thats what 10 wins does...but yall keep being AFRAID of the portal talk..n thats not sustainable blah blah blah...like that mfer isnt gonna be packed with talent yearly ready to be poached. Its crazy hearing it from our fans when Manny Diaz was in that mfer pulling nfl guys yearly

And it didn’t do anything for Manny because he couldn’t recruit. That’s all anyone’s said about it, that it likely can’t be a #1 roster building option year in year out. Still have to pull in the classes.

Advertisement
But fspoo proves that exact example. You can't go heavy to the portal every year cause then you're gonna lose out on the top tier recruits from high school consistently. No matter how anyone feels on it the portal will never be any legit colleges first choice. It is now and always will be a back up plan. And if we did continuously emphasize the portal then we'd continuously de emphasize high school recruiting which were more than aware where that leads around here.
fsu class they have now is based on the success they got from the portal and their major players are transfers who all came back with multiple seasons playing at fsu. There is more than one path to victory and fsu just showed you can do that as they have alot of momentum built off tranfers. Trey benson, jordan travis, johnny wilson, keon coleman, fabien lovett, bethune, Jared Verse, and thats just off top of head. Thats all their top flight headline impact players are tranfers playing multiple seasons and getting them a top class with high expectations going into season. Who wouldnt take that around the country

so last season it was "UF is broke etc etc" but now it's "throwing around money"?

So the kids are committing to UF knowing we aren't going to be good, according to you, as oppose to just committing to a different school that is predicted to be better than us this season?
I do not know about “broke” but Florida has a good history of lying and not paying their end of the bargain they agreed with kids. Last year, they got caught lying and everyone realized it from the surface with you know who. Florida went crazy aggressive early this year because they know what kind of a season they are about to have, it’ll be interesting to see how this ends. Next season will be even more interesting..

UGA board pretty salty over Bolden. Claim he told UGA staff Friday night he was coming. Called them Saturday around noon, in tears, and told them he was going to FSU. Supposedly his people contacted UGA "people" to up the NIL bag to match FSU's. they are claiming FSU doubled what UGA was offering and the UGA people said no thanks.....
I thought that only happened to Miami? Lol

Advertisement
I could easily see that. UGA isn't traditionally HEAVY bags. They do what we're trying to do with nil. Be competitive across the board. They're not a school that typically gives you the moon.
I am shocked to hear that. I heard a several of years ago, when Smart was feeling the “heat”, they were outspending even Bama.

fsu class they have now is based on the success they got from the portal and their major players are transfers who all came back with multiple seasons playing at fsu. There is more than one path to victory and fsu just showed you can do that as they have alot of momentum built off tranfers. Trey benson, jordan travis, johnny wilson, keon coleman, fabien lovett, bethune, Jared Verse, and thats just off top of head. Thats all their top flight headline impact players are tranfers playing multiple seasons and getting them a top class with high expectations going into season. Who wouldnt take that around the country
For one you or most on here(myself included) we don't know what fsu class is based upon. I don't make assumptions. Beyond that I don't know why people still think I've got something to learn about anything football related. There's always gonna be an exception to the rule(money being the outlier by the way) but nothing they are doing is changing the concept. This is a fact that basically all college coaches will tell you. THEY ARE NOT GONNA PRIORITIZE RECRUITING PRIMARILY OUT OF THE PORTAL... The portal is for fixing flaws. Jared verse(they had week ends & basic tackles)Jordan Travis (zero proven qbs & hadn't developed anyone but him who left as a freshman & never played previously) the rest aren't worth mentioning. Certain teams need the portal because they struggle to get the attention of high school kids for whatever reason & they are better off bringing in someone who's ready to contribute & is aware of how the college game goes. That doesn't make it a norm & if it did that position coach should be the first one on the way out.

I am shocked to hear that. I heard a several of years ago, when Smart was feeling the “heat”, they were outspending even Bama.
There's always gonna be someone here or there or a exception. But I'm speaking on their normal situation. For instance a certain cb we were recruiting years back who had us in his final two. He gave us a number to match that was nothing two special. We just didn't believe in that & he ended up there. Same with Sony,same with a db we lost out on last year who had a history with them. Not crazy numbers.

Advertisement
As is per usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Is it bags? Yes. Is it winning record? Yes. The record didn’t help them last class just like it didn’t hurt us last class. It’s the next class that it really kickstarts clearly.

Now we’ve always been held to a high standard by the local kids for whatever reason and they are our bread and butter usually. Look back at 2017. That yielded a highly ranked 2018 class(bust City) and then we imploded the next year and that 2019 class died out.

You can’t point to one thing. But you can point to the fact that fspoo has recent program success to point to (pre 2016) and some nfl studs(Ramsey cook etc). We don’t have that. You hear dream school getting thrown around because kids were alive when fspoo won a ring and now they’re watching cook Ramsey Derwin etc instead of Reed, st26, ray lewis, Andre Johnson.

Enough pandering to the holes. Fspoo sucks and always will!!!

I do not know about “broke” but Florida has a good history of lying and not paying their end of the bargain they agreed with kids. Last year, they got caught lying and everyone realized it from the surface with you know who. Florida went crazy aggressive early this year because they know what kind of a season they are about to have, it’ll be interesting to see how this ends. Next season will be even more interesting..

History of not paying kids? Like who?

Advertisement
History of not paying kids? Like who?
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

As is per usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Is it bags? Yes. Is it winning record? Yes. The record didn’t help them last class just like it didn’t hurt us last class. It’s the next class that it really kickstarts clearly.

Now we’ve always been held to a high standard by the local kids for whatever reason and they are our bread and butter usually. Look back at 2017. That yielded a highly ranked 2018 class(bust City) and then we imploded the next year and that 2019 class died out.

You can’t point to one thing. But you can point to the fact that fspoo has recent program success to point to (pre 2016) and some nfl studs(Ramsey cook etc). We don’t have that. You hear dream school getting thrown around because kids were alive when fspoo won a ring and now they’re watching cook Ramsey Derwin etc instead of Reed, st26, ray lewis, Andre Johnson.

Enough pandering to the holes. Fspoo sucks and always will!!!
It’s everything and at times it’s very few - depends on the kid and situation. Most of us will never know bc we aren’t in the rooms.

Advertisement
Back