Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

They’ve averaged the #20 recruiting class the past three years under Norvell. It’s not good enough to compete at a high level year in and year out.

I think they win 9-10 games this year and drop down to 6-6/7-5 next year. They’re losing almost all of their production.

This is fair. I think 9 wins. They have to nail the portal big time just to keep above water (6-6ish squad) next year. Including a QB which every team will be pursuing.

Advertisement
I dont see them as a national championship caliber team, sorry. Their margin for error is very small.
I didn't say they are a national championship team. I said they are a program that is capable of winning a national championship. Big difference. 95% of the teams in FBS can never win a championship. Their absolute best efforts might get them a New Year's Day bowl or maybe even a CFP appearance (see: Cincy and TCU) but they'll never actually win a title. FSU is in the group of teams that given the right coaching staff, can win the national championship.

Advertisement
And this is why I was critical of F$U-ball-licking CIS posters who kept praising Norvell's "Portal Recruiting Strategy" as some sort of visionary game-changing approach.

I'm not denying Norvell's success thus far in identifying and landing some impact Portal guys. But I also pointed out that he was an "early adopter" of the Portal approach, and now that guys like Saban and Dabo are starting to up their Portal numbers, we might not see Norvell enjoying the same success going forward.

And then when you simply look at the numbers, and realize how bad Norvell is at back massages and high-school recruiting, then you realize that Norvell's "strategy" was really just a reaction to prior years worth of poor recruiting.

Not impressed with Prison Mike...

There’s a whole cadre of semenhole leg humpers on this site.

We’ve been told that we should all just shut up and and not talk **** about them in another thread. LOL as if we are actually players or something.

Advertisement
They got lucky playing lsu last year in Kelly's first game there and a QB who never got comfortable until later in the season. They would've blown their doors off later in the season. LSU beat Bama.
Lsu had to muff a punt and just in general play their worst special teams game I’ve ever seen for them to lose. Plus first game with a new staff and quarterback and losing their best defensive player

This is whats going to happen when you have a HC that mostly prioritizes the portal, and doesn’t have the relationships, nor knows how to recruit HS.

You can’t keep neglecting HS players in Florida. Gotta find the balance.
And most those portal kids don't hold the cards to have their *** kissed. They are just regular players trying to play. HS stars you have to build that relationship from when they are young. Most portal kids just trying to play

To be fair, they're not neglecting them, the program is just radioactive to them.

Norvell is a horrible crooter, and the only dudes he brought it who know Florida are 900 year old O'Dell, ornery *** Dugans, and Randy, who is beyond clueless.

So I actually somewhat commend them for realizing early on that this dude has no shot recruiting HS players, so they're using their money to pay their good players to stay, and to attract portal kids from smaller schools who want to play in a good offense. I just don't know if you can build a very good, sustaining program this way. Nobody has ever done it, but we never had the portal in the way we have it today. So maybe you can, maybe you can't. But if he does, it'll be the first time in CFB history anyone has won at a significant level without recruiting elite HS classes.
I think the issue isn’t necessarily their “heavy” portal. It’s only adding mediocre high schoolers with them. They HAVE to get studs in the portal cause otherwise they’d have none. Other schools are recruiting high school studs and then trying to add more in the portal. Elite portal guys won’t want to keep going to a school if they aren’t legitimately competing for anything, ie after all their production leaves this year.

Advertisement
FSPoo needs to fail in all aspects - wins, recruiting and the current perception…I hate these ****’s more than my neighbor down the street who’s a Gaytor fan! This is how conflicted I am!!!
I Hate Them Screen Media Films GIF

Advertisement
I think the issue isn’t necessarily their “heavy” portal. It’s only adding mediocre high schoolers with them. They HAVE to get studs in the portal cause otherwise they’d have none. Other schools are recruiting high school studs and then trying to add more in the portal. Elite portal guys won’t want to keep going to a school if they aren’t legitimately competing for anything, ie after all their production leaves this year.
That’s a great point. We have more portal players on our roster this year than FSU (by one), but we’re supplementing that with an outstanding class last year and potentially a good class this year.

Lsu had to muff a punt and just in general play their worst special teams game I’ve ever seen for them to lose. Plus first game with a new staff and quarterback and losing their best defensive player
Not just that, their best receiver not catching a ball that did everything but hit him in the chest.

Not just that, their best receiver not catching a ball that did everything but hit him in the chest.

LSUs last 3 drives were:

82 yard TD drive
75 yard TD drive
99 yard TD drive

Unfortunately for them, they forgot the game started about 2 hours before they thought it did.

FSU deserved to win the game, no doubt. But LSU played really ****** for the first 3 quarters.

LSUs last 3 drives were:

82 yard TD drive
75 yard TD drive
99 yard TD drive

Unfortunately for them, they forgot the game started about 2 hours before they thought it did.

FSU deserved to win the game, no doubt. But LSU played really ****** for the first 3 quarters.
I was wanting to make that point too, late in the game they were hammering FSU. Only their earlier mistakes kept FSU in that game. 2 blocked kicks!

Advertisement
Back