Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Cooper and Knowles are good corners but lots of JAGS elsewhere. And their skill position talent is doo doo.

Their secondary is very strong. AZ Thomas looks like a hit for them so far, but obviously a long way to go on him to establish himself as an impact player. But their defense should be pretty decent. I don't think they have much at backer but they should be OK on the DL and I really like their secondary. Cooper is a baller, Jammie Robinson is a little undersized but tough, Dent (who we rightfully trolled the **** out of early on) really turned a corner last year and played very well, and they're raving about AZ Thomas and he looks to be a heavy rotational player early on (was their 2nd highest rated recruit last class behind Sam McCall).

Where FSU will fall short this year is depth....they've recruited poorly, obviously, so any injuries or wear and tear throughout the season and they'll suffer. And then again on offense, Travis isn't a dynamic thrower, so if you can contain him scrambling, you can really beat him. Nobody on the outside scares me. They're down to their 3rd center already. And I think they'll struggle to replace Jashaun Corbin, who scored a TD in an NFL preseason game last night, with just Ward and Toafili. But Norvell usually is able to get a lot from him running game, so they won't be terrible on that side, I just think if you can make Travis beat you, he's not great throwing it and their receivers aren't going to bail him out a lot.

I see a 6-6 team, maybe 7-5 if they get a few bounces. But they just don't have the depth to beat good teams. Week 1 against LSU is gigantic for them. Their seasons have essentially been over before they started the last 5 years. If they can win that game, they have some hope to have a winning record headed into October for the first time in forever. If not, the avalanche may start early. Look how they've started the last 5 seasons:

2017: 1-2 in September, 2-5 through October
2018: 1-2 start
2019: 1-2 start
2020: 1-3 start
2021: 0-4 start

This year they get a bye win against Duquesne this Saturday, so they'll be 1-0, but the next 2 games are LSU in New Orleans and Louisville on a Friday night on the road. Lose the LSU game and you've very easily starting another season 1-2, and the air is completely out of the balloon before you even get off the ground. Again.

coulda should woulda I know but last year we gave them that game, Syracuse got held on a 3rd and 7 on the last drive or they may have won, and BC just ran out of gas when they were driving...likely because of how poorly they played the first 15 minutes.

I mean they are 3 plays from 2-10 last year.

Advertisement
coulda should woulda I know but last year we gave them that game, Syracuse got held on a 3rd and 7 on the last drive or they may have won, and BC just ran out of gas when they were driving...likely because of how poorly they played the first 15 minutes.

I mean they are 3 plays from 2-10 last year.

Can't do that. The game doesn't work like that.

We were a doinked chip-shot FG, an INT from the 10 yard line in a 3 point loss, and a 4th and 14 conversion away from being 10-2 and Manny Diaz being our coach.

We also beat App State by 2, NC State by 1, and GT by 3. We were a few plays away from being 4-8. Bottom line, we weren't much better overall than they were last year. Both very average to below average teams.

RB1 is that tiny guy.

1661194667059.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dont know any of the names on the depth chart besides travis, dent, and Briggs.
Patrick Peyton was the local DE from MNW right? I think we were on him too. FSU still have some names on that D..including Kevin Knowles. Its the offense that looks pathetic. I dont know how that offense is going to hold up. D might keep them in a few games competitively. Zero depth though. Any significant injuries and the season goes down the drain quickly.

Advertisement
Back