Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Honestly, they’re in way worse shape than we were under Golden. Al had 9 win talent pretty much every year he was here. He just ruined it with horrible coaching. Knute Rockne couldn’t win 5 games with this FSU team. They’re terrible

Let's not forget Willie signed 0, I repeat 0, skill position players just a year ago. Golden got beat for a lot of the 4 and 5 star kids and took last minute runs at 3 and sometimes 2 stars to fill in. It definitely sucked, but has to be better than not signing anyone

Advertisement
Let's not forget Willie signed 0, I repeat 0, skill position players just a year ago. Golden got beat for a lot of the 4 and 5 star kids and took last minute runs at 3 and sometimes 2 stars to fill in. It definitely sucked, but has to be better than not signing anyone
They signed back to back classes with like 9 DBs. Unless they’re going to have a dime base defense, half the guys they signed will never play.

Advertisement
Started before Jimbo was there as an asistant. As much as I like Bowden the man, Bowden the coach let boys be boys for far too long. That gut rot has destroyed them, little by little.

Completely agree with you about Shannon, Golden and Richt. They ran clean programs, and because of that we don't have the problems FSU is having. They all, in one way or another, helped lay a foundation that while not perfect, wasn't nearly as flawed as what FSU currently has. I know a little stuff happened under Shannon, but the man tried to steer players away from Shapiro. I give him a lot of credit for that. Same with Golden. He stunk on the D side, terribly, but he ran a clean program that wouldn't come back to bite the next coach or two in the butt. Richt, same thing. There have been baby steps, and the growth has been painfully slow at times, but we have been going in the right direction. We just needed a real OC the last few years. Had Diaz hired a better one before last season, we'd have taken a serious step forward last year. Better late than never.

It's great to be a Miami Hurricane.
Can’t blame Bowden for this. He coached in a different era, when players policed themselves and **** stayed in house. I’m not sure jimmy did things much different.

Can’t blame Bowden for this. He coached in a different era, when players policed themselves and **** stayed in house. I’m not sure jimmy did things much different.
Towards the end he really let things slide. By 1999 he said himself that he hardly had to coach anymore, because if you have the fastest horses you're going to win the dog gone race. He never expected Miami to come back so fast, and when we did he was lost. He let players get away with more and more, just trying to keep those horses around. Jimbo doubled down on it, and it really spiralled out of control from there. The whole time the administration covered up everything they could, just to win football games. The players knew it, so they felt free to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. This **** storm has been brewing a very, very long time.

Advertisement
Towards the end he really let things slide. By 1999 he said himself that he hardly had to coach anymore, because if you have the fastest horses you're going to win the dog gone race. He never expected Miami to come back so fast, and when we did he was lost. He let players get away with more and more, just trying to keep those horses around. Jimbo doubled down on it, and it really spiralled out of control from there. The whole time the administration covered up everything they could, just to win football games. The players knew it, so they felt free to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. This **** storm has been brewing a very, very long time.
Bowden coached in a different era.. when he left, it was the next coaches responsibility to define his teams identity.

Here’s the bottom line... Bowden was the perfect foil for those 80s teams that made um football what it was, and maybe will be again. Bowden, and his Bowdenisms, helped Highlight the difference between UM and the rest of college football... he was the likable galoot contrasting the brash swag of um. He never took us off the schedule like UF did, and so helped define what UM means even today.... so you keep that mans name outta the conversation about FSU today.

Bowden coached in a different era.. when he left, it was the next coaches responsibility to define his teams identity.

Here’s the bottom line... Bowden was the perfect foil for those 80s teams that made um football what it was, and maybe will be again. Bowden, and his Bowdenisms, helped Highlight the difference between UM and the rest of college football... he was the likable galoot contrasting the brash swag of um. He never took us off the schedule like UF did, and so helped define what UM means even today.... so you keep that mans name outta the conversation about FSU today.
He was a worthy enemy.

He never backed down from us, and he is a Hall Of Fame Coach. With Paterno losing his wins, I think Bobby is #1 in all time wins.

Before my stepbrother died, I managed to procure a football signed by Bowden as his Christmas present.

His son inherited it after he overdosed.

"At least I played Miami."

You know, it's funny. I think Miami fans actually give more respect to Bobby Bowden for what he was than FSU fans do. The way they treated him to force him out of FSU football was incredibly shortsighted and disrespectful. They took that old man and threw him in the garbage. Nowadays you hardly ever hear about FSU fans talk about him.

We talk about Schnelly and JJ. ****, we talk about Dennis The Menace more than FSU fans talk about Bowden.

Advertisement
He was a worthy enemy.

He never backed down from us, and he is a Hall Of Fame Coach. With Paterno losing his wins, I think Bobby is #1 in all time wins.

Before my stepbrother died, I managed to procure a football signed by Bowden as his Christmas present.

You know, it's funny. I think Miami fans actually give more respect to Bobby Bowden for what he was than FSU fans do. The way they treated him to force him out of FSU football was incredibly shortsighted and disrespectful. They took that old man and threw him in the garbage. Nowadays you hardly ever hear about FSU fans talk about him.

We talk about Schnelly and JJ. ****, we talk about Dennis The Menace more than FSU fans talk about Bowden.

Yea I agree with that. I don’t think they quite grasp how insane what he did is.. he was also a great ambassador for their program... the post- Bowden HCs have done their best to trash the image he built of that program. They sold their soul for that last ship. Bowden isn’t to blame for their situation.

**** sorry to hear about your step bro. That shlt is the devil.

He was a worthy enemy.

This is 100% correct! Both of my brother-in-laws are huge FSU fans and anytime I mention how they did Bowden wrong and that was the beginning of the end for that program, they just get in their feelings. They have the same come back every single time, “but we won a championship because of it”. Maybe this season will get the point through to them that they effed up a good thing. Meanwhile I’m over here watching the FSU twitterverse burst into flames and relishing in it. One of them just sent me a tweet about Terry and said “for real?” And I responded that I saw it on here earlier, but I thought he’d been through enough the past couple days so I didn’t bring it up. 😂 God, it’s great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Advertisement
Back