Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

You are late to the party on this one. Knighton and his family are 100% locked in. His parents wouldn’t even let him turn back at this point. If he wasn’t a EE I would probably agree with you.

You might be right about Norvall in the long run being a good hire for them but he is not going to be able to save this class. His best bet is to salvage what he can and go after the 2021 kids.

Yep.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but he’s as locked in as you can expect a kid to be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like Norvell. I think he’s has a very good offensive mind. If they can get a good DC, they may rebuild faster than us, especially if Manny & crew s*** the bed again next season.
Man, they had a much bigger welcoming party for Willie. Those fans are uuuuuuuupset.

Expectations at its finest.

They had ppl pumping that it was Urban, pumping that it was Stoops.

Now you get a good coach with no P5 experience. FSU hadn’t been on the coaching search market for a while only twice now since Bowden. We as Canes fans have, we know the coaches who are in play for 2nd tier programs like ours. FSU doesn’t.

Norvel is a good coach. Would have liked him here instead of Manny. We’ll see how well he can recruit and put together a defensive staff.

Expectations at its finest.

They had ppl pumping that it was Urban, pumping that it was Stoops.

Now you get a good coach with no P5 experience. FSU hadn’t been on the coaching search market for a while only twice now since Bowden. We as Canes fans have, we know the coaches who are in play for 2nd tier programs like ours. FSU doesn’t.

Norvel is a good coach. Would have liked him here instead of Manny. We’ll see how well he can recruit and put together a defensive staff.

He was OC at Arizona State before getting the HC at Memphis. Also he rode the coat tails of the building job Justin Fuente did because Memphis was a terrible program before Fuente.

1575832736393.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Their coaching search was sh*tty and he obviously was not even a top 5 choice for them but Norvell is a good offensive mind. I’d rather have him than manny if I’m being perfectly honest primarily due to him being so proficient with offense. Rather have an offensive minded coach than a defensive minded coach anyday and that’s where we’ve fvcked up time and time again

Norvell has:

1. No P5 HC experience
2. A horrendous history of hiring a legit DC or fielding respectable defenses
3. No ties to Florida recruiting
4. Does not provide stability to a program in desperate need of it
5. Was gifted a humming Memphis program thanks to Fuente

He’s a strong offensive mind but that alone won’t cut it in big boy football. This hire does not worry me one bit. If he doesn’t work out it will set FSU back a decade

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like the holy one to many on here, Briles, is getting canned... he was the next coming of Jesus Christ according to more than a few CIS posters. Dude turned out to be a total lame.

You think Enos is getting hired to coordinate an offense in the best division in the country? Or be the head coach of a Go5 team that's won 10 games twice in the past 3 years? Nope. And then nope.

Advertisement
Back