Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I agree completely. Hopefully Tate, Patrick and McFadden jump ship to deplete them a bit more. You think Blackman hangs around to be a backup or leaves for greener pastures in the offseason?

Advertisement
Willie Taggert has about 2 years to prove he can be the guy at FSU or he's done and here's why.

This job is much different than taking over a crappy Western Kentucky or USF team that needs to be rebuilt.

FSU doesn't need to be rebuilt. He's walking into a great situation where you got 4 and 5 star guys at virtually every position. You have Francois returning , 5 *Cam Akers, some good receivers and on defense some guys that can get after it. Remember say defense was suppose to be their strong point this year

I know some will say "wait till he gets his guys in there" problem is the guys already on the team are better than he would have recruited.

Unless you completely bomb, no one fires a coach in 2 or 3 years.

Willie Taggert has about 2 years to prove he can be the guy at FSU or he's done and here's why.

This job is much different than taking over a crappy Western Kentucky or USF team that needs to be rebuilt.

FSU doesn't need to be rebuilt. He's walking into a great situation where you got 4 and 5 star guys at virtually every position. You have Francois returning , 5 *Cam Akers, some good receivers and on defense some guys that can get after it. Remember say defense was suppose to be their strong point this year

I know some will say "wait till he gets his guys in there" problem is the guys already on the team are better than he would have recruited.

This. The 2018 FSU team will automatically be the most talented team Taggert has ever coached. He is not rebuilding anything. That team is loaded with four and five star players and NFL draft prospects. He will be expected to challenge Clemson for the Atlantic right out the blocks. If he doesn't win at least 10 games in two of his first three years, he'll be canned.

I agree completely. Hopefully Tate, Patrick and McFadden jump ship to deplete them a bit more. You think Blackman hangs around to be a backup or leaves for greener pastures in the offseason?

Blackman's not ready to start at any Power 5 conference. He'll stick around because he was supposed to red-shirt this year.

I'm saying if he is showing mediocre results with good talent and a big name coach is on the market or available I wouldn't be surprised.

Like I said he's walking into arguably the best situation of any coach that's gotten hired in recent memory. He continues to show the same results or goes 7-5 8-4 then it's gonna turn ugly quick especially if they are losing to us, Clemson and UF

Last edited:
Advertisement

McTeef says hi, while winning his division twice.

Those rednecks will revolt if he doesn't win immediately. Look how quick the turned on Dumbo?

The only time Tagfart has ever been associated with even a decent defense was this year at Oregon.

Before Leavitt, Tagfart's teams never even thought about trying to slow anyone down. Unless they pull a miracle and some high-end DC falls into their lap, FSU is going to be a sieve on defense under Tagfart. This Leavitt news is crippling to them no matter what kind of spin they put on it.

Advertisement

LOL, wait til he gets his guys in there. He'll get fired and his recruiting will have set fsu back another 3 years.

Their OL, Secondary, and LB corps are still awful.

They're an 8 win team next year. Max. I see them losing to NC State, Louisville, and Clemson in their own division. V-Tech and ND is gonna whoop them as well.

Advertisement
Their OL, Secondary, and LB corps are still awful.

They're an 8 win team next year. Max. I see them losing to NC State, Louisville, and Clemson in their own division. V-Tech and ND is gonna whoop them as well.

Ummmmm

I expect us to beat them every year, but I can never guarantee it just bc of the nature of the rivalry. They were *** this year and **** near beat us. We will be their super bowl again next season.

Advertisement

LOL, wait til he gets his guys in there. He'll get fired and his recruiting will have set fsu back another 3 years.

That's the way I see it going. He's in over his head. He's already starting to take L's recruiting against the caliber of coaches/programs he's facing with this job. The very best seasons he's ever had as a coach are now the minimum expectation for him, and against better competition.

The only time Tagfart has ever been associated with even a decent defense was this year at Oregon.

Before Leavitt, Tagfart's teams never even thought about trying to slow anyone down. Unless they pull a miracle and some high-end DC falls into their lap, FSU is going to be a sieve on defense under Tagfart. This Leavitt news is crippling to them no matter what kind of spin they put on it.

FSU's saving grace is that they're talented up front. But they're not bringing much this class and are going to lose Sweat to the draft, and Burns is a Junior next year (likely headed to the NFL). Their LB core is thin and they lose a good amount of their secondary. Amazing how much they're going to lose.

**** spot on, and I 100% agree. Willie T's got 2 years. He'll be given a little (and I emphasize 'little') slack for 2018 as a transition year. But 2019 had better be a return to glory or he's done.

Still think he is a certifiable idiot for taking that job. He's not a top tier P5 coach by any stretch of the imagination, but he could have survived 4 years at Oregon under much less volatile circumstances and possibly highlight some successes during his stint. Now he's been exposed as a guy with no loyalty who will jump at the next best offer whenever it presents itself.

He will crash and burn at FSU - quickly.

Only one of them I see leaving is Tate, but he would probably do very well in Tagfart's offense. He had some injuries this year though so hopefully he sees the light.

Patrick is slow and can't cut like Akers can. Akers passed him early in the season. McFadden took a major step back this year. I wouldn't see McFadden or Patrick being drafted. Possibly McFadden since he did well earlier in his career.

Advertisement
Back