Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
1. Blake was gone no matter what - that was decided practically before the season began

2. Manny would have had to do something SPECTACULAR to have been retained, and after 4 games the die was cast.

3. I’m no insider, but ask the real ones here -they know. The power brokers were making moves even before the season started.
We had to lose that game. I watched an interview Fernandez gave and they asked him specifically if UM wins six straight to end the season would Manny have still been fired. He hesitated on answering that question. At that moment I knew if we dont lose to FSU there was a good chance Manny wouldnt have been fired. FSU actually helped usher in a new reign of terror for UM. Bless their little trailer park hearts. :fistbump:

We had to lose that game. I watched an interview Fernandez gave and they asked him specifically if UM wins six straight to end the season would Manny have still been fired. He hesitated on answering that question. At that moment I knew if we dont lose to FSU there was a good chance Manny wouldnt have been fired.

I think the "hesitation" was for legal reasons. You know, "don't give Manny's lawyers a rationale to say that we never gave him a chance". I can tell you, the "Mario or bust" approach was pretty set from the Michigan State/UVa time period. While the Michigan State game looked better over time (as MSU continued to win), the UVa and UNC games were disastrous. Done deal. No matter what anyone says after the fact, the wheels were in motion.

I think the "hesitation" was for legal reasons. You know, "don't give Manny's lawyers a rationale to say that we never gave him a chance". I can tell you, the "Mario or bust" approach was pretty set from the Michigan State/UVa time period. While the Michigan State game looked better over time (as MSU continued to win), the UVa and UNC games were disastrous. Done deal. No matter what anyone says after the fact, the wheels were in motion.
that is also a possibility.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wally Aime was committed to us?! First I hear of that.
Entirely possible, but I don't
I don't think Miami was legally obligated to "give him a chance". They were free to fire him at any time. Now it may have looked bad to the public if he'd won 6 in a row and they'd fired him, but there wasn't going to be a legal challenge.

Advertisement
Rich people invest in garbage all the time. There’s plenty of very wealthy people who have owned failed businesses and bought in to floundering companies.
That’s true but in general they are rich bc they make good business decisions there are always the exception but I’m not talking about the exceptions

Entirely possible, but I don't

I don't think Miami was legally obligated to "give him a chance". They were free to fire him at any time. Now it may have looked bad to the public if he'd won 6 in a row and they'd fired him, but there wasn't going to be a legal challenge.

Aime was committed to UM for a week (no joke). He then committed to F$U three months later. If that's considered a flip...

And there's a difference between legal obligations and maintaining leverage for negotiating a lower buyout. Anyone can fire anyone at any time. But the way that we were handling the deal with Mario put us in a situation where we wanted plausible deniability on the certainty that Manny was toast in September/October. I understand Fernandez not wanting to divulge all the details after the ****eshow that got stirred up by certain Trustees.

Let it be.

1645542021834.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back