Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Oregon was the favorite to beat Washington, twice. UGA was supposed to body a Bama team that struggled against Auburn. Louisville was supposed to beat a fsu team with an injured 3rd string QB. OSU has been favored over Mich for all 3 games in their losing streak. Michigan was supposed to manhandle TCU last year....at some point we gotta stop talking about power ratings and what we THINK will happen, as opposed to respecting the games that's been played on the field.
Would you bet even money on FSU vs any of the CFP teams without Jordan Travis?

That answers the question.

Advertisement

So we're using betting favorites to decide who should play for the title? Cuz I'd bet UGA over every team in the country...but we going by results, and they lost to Bama.

This Xs 1000. If anyone expected UGA to blow out Alabama they are dumb. Nobody in their right mind takes this FSU team without Travis over Alabama. The great news is all this is moot because UGA will stomp them and then the crying will be over.

Advertisement
What happened, while correct under the new metric and CFP committee is BS under the old computer system but this is what people wanted. Look I dont think anyone (aside from fans of the 5th and 6th seeded teams) would have really of *****ed had FSU made it.

But the reason they steered away from the old computer ranking system was for **** just like this. Something an eye test can accomplish. Next year this thing is moot with 12 teams, 5 of which likely get blown out but it at least gives teams a chance so I get why FSU is mad but this is what people wanted. The human element to say "yes even though this team is undefeated, this team is better" The best test for this is Michigan fans lol they are mad they have to play Bama and NOT FSU so they want FSU in. Goal is to have the top 4 strongest or best teams right? Well if every Michigan fan wants to play FSU that tells you they see Bama as the better team and so did the committee.

Advertisement
FSU earned the right to be in the convo. Power rankings should not reflect actual seeding. Theyre 2 different things

Earned the right to be in the conversation, yes. But the seeding is literally a power ranking. The mission statement for the committee is:

“The selection committees task will be to select the best teams, rank the teams for inclusion in the playoffs and selected other bowl games and then assign the teams to sites”

It’s the committee power ranking the top 25 and the top four get in. They compare conference championships, strength of schedule, head to heads, comparative outcomes to common opponents, other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players/coaches

Sorry, FSU is bottom of the barrel in at least two categories. A SOS north of 50th and their starting QB unavailable. The committee made the correct decision.

The mission statement does not say they select the most deserving. It’s best teams and FSU is clearly not one of the best 4.

Last edited:
IMG_6816.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
What’s being missed is how espn screws themselves. I mean, is there a reason they have to reveal their rankings on a week to week basis other than to generate ratings and clicks? If they only released one and it was the final ranking, there would be no complaints

Posted it in another thread when our fans defend these guys but seriously who in their right mind gun to their head would take this FSU team tomorrow on a neutral field against Alabama? It really shouldn't be this big of a deal. Quite frankly UGA should be ahead of them too which we will see anyway.
I would…. Just to see them get treated like hulk did loki….beautiful!🥲
1701704727298.gif

Advertisement
Back