Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Blaming Spider-Man GIF
That's what I get before reading through all pages before posting lol.

Advertisement
They lose so much off this roster. Next year will be a completely different team. They have hit on a few guys in the portal each year but with a full recruiting class it would be tough to hit on 8-12 guys like they are losing while also not posing off last years class and 2024’s class.

They have to win now. Everything has gone their way and they are surging a few close games and injuries.
More than 60% of their starts have been from transfers. 90% of their offensive production is from transfers. They lose Travis, Benson, Coleman, Wilson, Verse, and a bunch of other guys next year. They're gonna be a 7-5/8-4 team next year, so yeah this is the year. Not to mention Norvell's averaged like the 18th-ranked class his first three years there. Unless they raid the portal and bring in 5-8 elite guys (which could happen, but everyone sees the value of the portal now; give Norvell credit for seeing it early) that'll be a hard task. They don't win this year and Norvell is never winning it there.

They lose so much off this roster. Next year will be a completely different team. They have hit on a few guys in the portal each year but with a full recruiting class it would be tough to hit on 8-12 guys like they are losing while also not posing off last years class and 2024’s class.

They have to win now. Everything has gone their way and they are surging a few close games and injuries.
Also, we could very well beat them this weekend. I put our odds of winning at 25%. We've got the better OL and RB room. We've got a Top 20 defense, and they haven't played a defense as good as ours since Clemson/VT. Their secondary is also not good, (no, not allowing a passing TD against some of the worst offenses in the country in October is not impressive), though our poor passing game more than makes up for that weakness. The question is, who will be less worse. We've gotta force, at minimum two turnovers on their part and have nearly 200 yds on the ground to win. Hard, but possible.

Their offense is streaky too. They are like a snowball. Nothing nothing nothing. Then they get one, 3 and out, another, and then a turnover and ifs a 17-21 pt swing in 1 quarter.

This is the game where we need to grind our drives, wear them down and get TD’s when we get in the red zone. Make them feel it in the fourth quarter.

Advertisement
Their offense is streaky too. They are like a snowball. Nothing nothing nothing. Then they get one, 3 and out, another, and then a turnover and ifs a 17-21 pt swing in 1 quarter.

This is the game where we need to grind our drives, wear them down and get TD’s when we get in the red zone. Make them feel it in the fourth quarter.
We have to sustain long drives. Keep their O off the field.

TrumpyCane thinks that might be a blessing, @Memnon favorite corner Jaden Davis would be getting torched this game, at least Brown can by physical and hopefully the refs let them play

@Memnon any way our current corners can do anything this weekend?
I was screaming for Damari to play and he finally did and looked better than all the corners on the roster when he went in.

Advertisement
That's what I get before reading through all pages before posting lol.
They caught break after break this year. Reminds me of our fake “we back” season under MR. it was all cap and I knew it would crash and burn then we weren’t good. But they have better qb play and that can bail you out

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMG_3256.jpeg

If y’all wanna see why they gotta win it all this year, here’s the biggest reason. List doesn’t even include Benson, Coleman, Wilson, and Verse, who are heading to the draft.

With the way Norvell has recruited at the HS level the past three years (19th Ranked Class on average three years through), they’re a 7-5 team next year unless they raid the portal (less likely considering that every big program in CFB has finally realized it’s value).

View attachment 266217

If y’all wanna see why they gotta win it all this year, here’s the biggest reason. List doesn’t even include Benson, Coleman, Wilson, and Verse, who are heading to the draft.

With the way Norvell has recruited at the HS level the past three years (19th Ranked Class on average three years through), they’re a 7-5 team next year unless they raid the portal (less likely considering that every big program in CFB has finally realized it’s value).
They'll definitely still land more portal guys no doubt. They have the rep of portal kings they can use to keep selling it. But end of the day that is A LOT of attrition and it's pretty normal for them to take a step back next year. But we gotta be more concerned with what we're doing like finding a qb worth a **** and finding more bona fide game breakers at WR, DT, and the secondary.

They'll definitely still land more portal guys no doubt. They have the rep of portal kings they can use to keep selling it. But end of the day that is A LOT of attrition and it's pretty normal for them to take a step back next year. But we gotta be more concerned with what we're doing like finding a qb worth a **** and finding more bona fide game breakers at WR, DT, and the secondary.
More than 60% of their starts are from transfers. They're losing at least 90% of their offensive production going into next year. I think Norvell is a good coach, but no amount of raiding the portal can make up for that attrition. They also haven't done a lot on the development end, and their talent (their last three classes were ranked 23rd, 20th, and 19th) is nowhere near good enough. I don't just think they're gonna take a step back, I think it's gonna be a huge step back.

Advertisement
Back