Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
To the top you go.

boom suck it GIF

Let's evaluate Norvell with HONESTY, and then try to compare it with F$U's sudden success in HS recruiting (and I'm setting aside Portal for now).

In his 4 signed recruiting classes at F$U, Norvell landed the HIGH SCHOOL classes that ranked 22nd, 23rd, 20th, and 19th. That's across FOUR YEARS. So you can ignore the "COVID YEAR" excuse. Unimpressive.

And I don't take anything away from Norvell on the Portal signings. For the same period at F$U, Norvell's Portal classes have ranked 2nd, 3rd, 10th, and 6th.

Now, here is the list of all of Norvell's DRAFTED players. I have given him credit for guys he only had a hand in "developing", those players are marked in yellow. The HIGH SCHOOL recruits that have been drafted are marked in green, all from Memphis (and, yes, maybe Norvell will have some F$U guys soon). The transfers that Norvell brought in are marked in blue.

I've even included some of the guys from the 2023 F$U team who are ranked in the Top 450 draftable college players list, these are guys with a shot to be drafted.

Now, Norvell MIGHT have a chance to have his first couple of F$U recruits (HIGH SCHOOL) drafted this year, between Robert Scott and Patrick Payton.

But...the list is not impressive. VERY reliant on transfers, particularly 1-2 years and out, and guys he inherited from the prior coach (I'm willing to give him some credit for development)...

1692726482868.png

Advertisement
You guys sound lame af making excuses. Norvell is a great playcaller and light years better of a game day coach than Mario and somehow this offseason he’s out recruiting Mario. It is what it is. Y’all sound corny with this “FSU is shady” stuff.

Any chance we can stop the Norvell slurping on an FSU tears thread? A “great playcaller“ - that’s some deep throat **** right there. I guess letting your quarterback run around and make plays with his legs, and sometimes his arm, like sandlot football, makes you a great playcaller, right?

Any chance we can stop the Norvell slurping on an FSU tears thread? A “great playcaller“ - that’s some deep throat **** right there. I guess letting your quarterback run around and make plays with his legs, and sometimes his arm, like sandlot football, makes you a great playcaller, right?
Usually a temporary thread ban works. We'll see how it goes from here.

1692731659376.png

Let's evaluate Norvell with HONESTY, and then try to compare it with F$U's sudden success in HS recruiting (and I'm setting aside Portal for now).

In his 4 signed recruiting classes at F$U, Norvell landed the HIGH SCHOOL classes that ranked 22nd, 23rd, 20th, and 19th. That's across FOUR YEARS. So you can ignore the "COVID YEAR" excuse. Unimpressive.

And I don't take anything away from Norvell on the Portal signings. For the same period at F$U, Norvell's Portal classes have ranked 2nd, 3rd, 10th, and 6th.

Now, here is the list of all of Norvell's DRAFTED players. I have given him credit for guys he only had a hand in "developing", those players are marked in yellow. The HIGH SCHOOL recruits that have been drafted are marked in green, all from Memphis (and, yes, maybe Norvell will have some F$U guys soon). The transfers that Norvell brought in are marked in blue.

I've even included some of the guys from the 2023 F$U team who are ranked in the Top 450 draftable college players list, these are guys with a shot to be drafted.

Now, Norvell MIGHT have a chance to have his first couple of F$U recruits (HIGH SCHOOL) drafted this year, between Robert Scott and Patrick Payton.

But...the list is not impressive. VERY reliant on transfers, particularly 1-2 years and out, and guys he inherited from the prior coach (I'm willing to give him some credit for development)...

View attachment 252211

colors geometry GIF by xponentialdesign

Advertisement
Cornrow is a terrible HS recruiter every year and now all of a sudden he is pulling 5 stars. I’m not sure about shady but they are dropping bags 100%
Aren't we constantly talking about how much recruiting will increase if we win games though? Couldn't the fact they won 10 games last year explain the difference? I mean, unless we're gonna say Mario was dropping bags LAST year, kinda seems like the situations are nearly identical, just reversed -

Mario Cristobal -
2018 (Oregon) - #13 class, 7-6 prior year
2019 (O) - #7 class, 9-4 prior year
2020 (O) - #12 class, 12-2 prior year
2021 (O) - #6 class, 4-3 prior year (covid)
2022 (O) - #16 class*, 10-4 prior year (class fell apart after Mario left)
2023 (U) - #7 class, 7-5 prior year (+ first year bump... or "bags"?)
2024 (U) - #15 class, 5-7 prior year

Vs Mike Norvell -
2016 (M) - #53 class, 9-4 prior year
2017 (M) - #57 class, 8-5 prior year
2018 (M) - #80 class, 10-3 prior year (outlier?)
2019 (M) - #69 class, 8-6 prior year
2020 (F) - #21 class, 6-7 prior year
2021 (F) - #19 class, 3-6 prior year (COVID)
2022 (F) - #16 class, 5-7 prior year
2023 (F) - #5 class, 10-3 prior year

Kinda hard to compare Memphis vs Oregon in terms of class rank given the disparity in size of school/etc, but looking at Mike's first few years at FSU, they seem pretty similar to Mario's years at Oregon & beginning at UM, no? When recruiting after a losing season, rank goes down. When recruiting after a winning season, rank goes up.

Advertisement
Aren't we constantly talking about how much recruiting will increase if we win games though? Couldn't the fact they won 10 games last year explain the difference? I mean, unless we're gonna say Mario was dropping bags LAST year, kinda seems like the situations are nearly identical, just reversed -

Mario Cristobal -

Vs Mike Norvell -

Kinda hard to compare Memphis vs Oregon in terms of class rank given the disparity in size of school/etc, but looking at Mike's first few years at FSU, they seem pretty similar to Mario's years at Oregon & beginning at UM, no? When recruiting after a losing season, rank goes down. When recruiting after a winning season, rank goes up.
IMG_9156.gif

Mario Cristobal -

Vs Mike Norvell -

Nope. This is F$U Tears, not "F$U fans create fake Miami log-in names and post defenses of Prison Mike Norvell on F$U Tears".

Not only that, but we are not going to play the "selective stats game" here. Like how you tagged Mario with the 2022 Oregon recruiting class after he left for Miami, when you alternatively gave Prison Mike credit for his first years at Memphis and F$U.

And then you casually drop "COVID" into the comparison to excuse Prison Mike's worst year, while Mario won the Pac 12 that year. So, yeah, I guess some coaches can handle adversity and some can't.

Or how you have chosen to evaluate Prison Mike's high school recruiting skills (he is not very good) by including the impact of Portal players. And, yeah, I know what you're gonna say "but Portal is recruiting too", but that misses the point entirely. It is EASY to get lots of Portal kids when your team sucks. By those standards, we might as well crown Coach Neon the King of Recruiting because of all the Portal kids he signed. The primary reason that Prison Mike did SO well in the Portal at F$U was because his high school recruiting (as well as Willie Taggart's) was TERRIBLE.

The reality is that Mario is a Top 10 high school recruiter, year over year, whether that is at Oregon or Miami. And even if I drop the "Memphis Years" for Prison Mike and evaluate his High School recruiting only at F$U, his three F$U High School class rankings average lower than 20.

Finally, you drop "bags" as an explanation for Mario when (a) you choose to ignore that F$U is dropping serious cash in Year 4 of the Prison Mike Mediocrity, and (b) you choose to ignore the distinction between "bags" that are illicit recruiting inducements, as opposed to valid NIL deals, which is what LifeWallet offered over the past two years. Not to mention the fact that it is WELL-KNOWN that F$U is paying 2023 recruits to commit now and are sending them bi-weekly payments that are NOT valid NIL payments and ARE illicit payments, which was something that one of your own recruits acknowledged recently.

So, yeah, why don't you run back to the F$U boards now, you fraud.

Advertisement
Nope. This is F$U Tears, not "F$U fans create fake Miami log-in names and post defenses of Prison Mike Norvell on F$U Tears".

Not only that, but we are not going to play the "selective stats game" here. Like how you tagged Mario with the 2022 Oregon recruiting class after he left for Miami, when you alternatively gave Prison Mike credit for his first years at Memphis and F$U.

And then you casually drop "COVID" into the comparison to excuse Prison Mike's worst year, while Mario won the Pac 12 that year. So, yeah, I guess some coaches can handle adversity and some can't.

Or how you have chosen to evaluate Prison Mike's high school recruiting skills (he is not very good) by including the impact of Portal players. And, yeah, I know what you're gonna say "but Portal is recruiting too", but that misses the point entirely. It is EASY to get lots of Portal kids when your team sucks. By those standards, we might as well crown Coach Neon the King of Recruiting because of all the Portal kids he signed. The primary reason that Prison Mike did SO well in the Portal at F$U was because his high school recruiting (as well as Willie Taggart's) was TERRIBLE.

The reality is that Mario is a Top 10 high school recruiter, year over year, whether that is at Oregon or Miami. And even if I drop the "Memphis Years" for Prison Mike and evaluate his High School recruiting only at F$U, his three F$U High School class rankings average lower than 20.

Finally, you drop "bags" as an explanation for Mario when (a) you choose to ignore that F$U is dropping serious cash in Year 4 of the Prison Mike Mediocrity, and (b) you choose to ignore the distinction between "bags" that are illicit recruiting inducements, as opposed to valid NIL deals, which is what LifeWallet offered over the past two years. Not to mention the fact that it is WELL-KNOWN that F$U is paying 2023 recruits to commit now and are sending them bi-weekly payments that are NOT valid NIL payments and ARE illicit payments, which was something that one of your own recruits acknowledged recently.

So, yeah, why don't you run back to the F$U boards now, you fraud.
He's banned from this thread.

Prison Mike is so freakin' corny, what with his back rubs and playing the warchant song on a car stereo in the entryways of motels...
That's how you know it's money. I think more higher ups are on board cause they had a fluke season. Man when that **** crashes or they swerve a bit the wheels may come off.

Advertisement
Back