Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I think the hope with some FSU fans is Norvell does so bad this year he is canned and Deion takes a hometown discount on the front side of the contract while they clear more money the next 2-3. It opens up a lot in that time frame. They are so so on Sanders as a head coach...but they think with the right staff they can at least start to recruit at a higher level. But NIL is going to be a problem regardless.

Advertisement
I need the FSU Eliminated sign please :)
fsu_sucks_balls_2.png

Yeah....my main fantasy football group chat is 10 of us, I'm the only Cane, there are 2 gators (not my choice to invite them) and about 4 Noles. Me and the gator dudes talk **** all day about recruiting and the noles are quiet as a church mouse. I said it earlier in this thread somewhere but it's honestly like they don't exist right now. I have been following recruiting religiously for 20 years now and I have never, EVER seen FSU this irrelevant both in state and nationally. Ever. Even when they were losing 30-0 to Wake Forest at home, they still had some juice on the trail those off-seasons. You would think they literally do not exist with how off the radar they are to 98% of elite prospects.
Elite prospects don't want to wait three or four years to have functioning bathrooms.

What’s sad for fsu is that we make fun of uf for losing so many battles but fsu isn’t even in the conversation for these kids.

That school is floundering
It’s funny you wrote that. I am sure most of the posters on here were thinking the exact same thing. I know FSU is struggling but they are just not involved on the trail.

I was one of the optimists here in regards to the football team. I have coaches a chance and hoped type of deal. Then @Coach Macho would drop a post…. Those hurt.

Were we this out of the loop BM (before Mario). I always thought we were at least used for leverage/stuck in the friend zone with recruits. We were not completely irrelevant but I may have been blinded by my optimism.

It’s funny you wrote that. I am sure most of the posters on here were thinking the exact same thing. I know FSU is struggling but they are just not involved on the trail.

I was one of the optimists here in regards to the football team. I have coaches a chance and hoped type of deal. Then @Coach Macho would drop a post…. Those hurt.

Were we this out of the loop BM (before Mario). I always thought we were at least used for leverage/stuck in the friend zone with recruits. We were not completely irrelevant but I may have been blinded by my optimism.
So what's really concerning is that this is essentially Norvell's third class and he still hasn't had an elite/bump class:

2020 Transition Class: Ranked 22 Avg 87.96
2021 Bump Class: Ranked 23 Avg 88.53
2022 Class: Ranked 20 Avg 89.54
2023 Current Class: Ranked 45 Avg 90.75

I think Norvell has relented to being a 20-25 class with 88-89 averages kind of guy. They're basically taking the "easy" kids and avoiding the knife fights for the elite kids.

Advertisement
Yea and their current class is pretty slim right now with only 10 commits. Unless Norvell has a stack of kids that he’s counting on in-season I don’t see how he lands a top 15 class.

Top 25 might be out of the question with the targets they have left.

Think about this.

12 months ago, Manny was putting together a pretty decent recruiting class.

Then the season started, and we literally got NOBODY ELSE to commit during the season. Certainly not after those first few losses. And not even during our hot streak to finish the season.

I don't know what magic that Prison Mike Norvell is counting on (and we all know that the worst thing about prison is the Dementors). But I definitely foresee Prison Mike having the same kind of 2022 season that Manny had in 2021.

This will not end well for Prison Mike.

Was considered to be a heavy FSU lean for most of recruitment...

tenor.gif

Swing & a miss...

FSU are in the depths of **** right now; even Manuelito had a #11 ranked class at Miami, Norvell might not even crack the top 25 this class & his previous two classes haven’t cracked the top 15 once.

As you wish...

1659018897765.png

Think about this.

12 months ago, Manny was putting together a pretty decent recruiting class.

Then the season started, and we literally got NOBODY ELSE to commit during the season. Certainly not after those first few losses. And not even during our hot streak to finish the season.

I don't know what magic that Prison Mike Norvell is counting on (and we all know that the worst thing about prison is the Dementors). But I definitely foresee Prison Mike having the same kind of 2022 season that Manny had in 2021.

This will not end well for Prison Mike.
Maybe I'm remembering it differently but a year ago this month Miami had like 5 commits and everyone was asking 'is now the time to panic or is it a month from now?' Manny seemed all in on landing big time guys he wasn't ever gonna land, at least for the 22 class.

Either way, FSU isn't putting anything on tape this year that's gonna get recruits banging down their door.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Holy sh*t, that's some gater-level logic right there. No mention of them not being in on any top guys, just some nonsense about us losing out to bama. At least when the gater talks that trash they can say "at least we're in their conference"...fsu pumping up out of conference schools just to feel better about themselves. Guess they'll be chanting SEC at games this year.

Also, we got our guy you f*cking clowns.

Advertisement
Back