Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Trumpy is my hero! I move that someone dress up as the bear and support Sebastian on the field!

image.gif

Advertisement
They're still loving the win over Miami, like I said before they need to wrap that win in a blanket and hold it tight.
Decades from now, after the stadium falls into disrepair due to leaking urinals….after Florida State relocated to a nearby sandlot to play their D4 games…there will be a grandfather and child watching a Seminoles game.

“You know Bobby, one time these Seminoles actually beat them.”

“Beat who, pappy?”

“Miami.”

“The Hurricanes?” The grandson looked around is disbelief as an FSU player caught a ball out of bounds and got ensnared in a bush. He slapped a genetically modified mosquito and looked on in disbelief. “We played the Miami Hurricanes?”

“No cap, my child. It was a long time ago.” He looked whistfully at Doak Campbell…at what was left of it. Australian pines now grew from holes in the stands. Fetid water still leaked from now collapsed bathrooms. But it had not always been that way. No once there had been hope. Even victory, but now -

“How poppy? How did we do it?”

“Ah, indeed. How.” The grandfather looked at Bobby with a sad smile. “A simple play. A 4th down. We converted. They did not. And we celebrated. Oh, how we celebrated. There were banners. Parades. Commercials on what we used to call TV. We thought the good times would never end.”

“But what happened?”

“They got better players. Many, many better players. And an army of coaches. And their facilities, they became second to none. Soon they…soon they were winning championships. Eventually it was as expected as the sky being blue.”

“It’s not blue here, Poppy. I think it’s brown.”

“That’s only the swamp gas rising from the ol stadium. That and the mosquitos now color the sky.”

His grandson sat thinking. After a minute, after watching undersized players grab flags and cheer when first downs were made, he turned back to his grandfather.

“Poppy, are you just kidding. That didn’t really happen, did it?”

The Grandfather watched the Seminoles coach thirty yards away. The man’s cornrows were long, but tinted silver with age. An assistant used a weedwhacker to carve a path through the undergrowth for him to stride the sidelines. Upon the snapping of the ball on the next play, three offensive linemen began blocking each other. An running back fumbled the ball, and the quarterback picked it up and tried to punt it away, only to kick himself on the face. After that the coaches made their way onto the sandlot to berate and console the players, and eventually practice resumed.

He turned to face Bobby. In the distance, they could hear clowns practicing. “Yes, Bobby, I was kidding. It never happened.”

Bobby grinned. “I knew it! But the Hurricanes, all that stuff you said did happen, right?”

A tear welled up in his eye. “Yes Bobby. Yes it did.”

Decades from now, after the stadium falls into disrepair due to leaking urinals….after Florida State relocated to a nearby sandlot to play their D4 games…there will be a grandfather and child watching a Seminoles game.

“Beat who, pappy?”

“Miami.”

“The Hurricanes?” The grandson looked around is disbelief as an FSU player caught a ball out of bounds and got ensnared in a bush. He slapped a genetically modified mosquito and looked on in disbelief. “We played the Miami Hurricanes?”

“No cap, my child. It was a long time ago.” He looked whistfully at Doak Campbell…at what was left of it. Australian pines now grew from holes in the stands. Fetid water still leaked from now collapsed bathrooms. But it had not always been that way. No once there had been hope. Even victory, but now -

“Ah, indeed. How.” The grandfather looked at Bobby with a sad smile. “A simple play. A 4th down. We converted. They did not. And we celebrated. Oh, how we celebrated. There were banners. Parades. Commercials on what we used to call TV. We thought the good times would never end.”

“But what happened?”

“They got better players. Many, many better players. And an army of coaches. And their facilities, they became second to none. Soon they…soon they were winning championships. Eventually it was as expected as the sky being blue.”

“That’s only the swamp gas rising from the ol stadium. That and the mosquitos now color the sky.”

His grandson sat thinking. After a minute, after watching undersized players grab flags and cheer when first downs were made, he turned back to his grandfather.

The Grandfather watched the Seminoles coach thirty yards away. The man’s cornrows were long, but tinted silver with age. An assistant used a weedwhacker to carve a path through the undergrowth for him to stride the sidelines. Upon the snapping of the ball on the next play, three offensive linemen began blocking each other. An running back fumbled the ball, and the quarterback picked it up and tried to punt it away, only to kick himself on the face. After that the coaches made their way onto the sandlot to berate and console the players, and eventually practice resumed.

He turned to face Bobby. In the distance, they could hear clowns practicing. “Yes, Bobby, I was kidding. It never happened.”

Bobby grinned. “I knew it! But the Hurricanes, all that stuff you said did happen, right?”

And then they'll talk about that "one time" they almost signed the number one recruit before he dipped on ESD to a HBCU or that "one time" they got a potential 5* transfer to "visit".

Wow....that is one special semenhole lol
This just in….Florida State fans are idiots

Way to spin it, Miami’s worst seasons in the last 40 years have been 5-7 that was in 2007 and 1997. As stated we never had 2 losing seasons in a row in 42 years. FSU in the last 4 (5-7, 3-6, 6-7, 5-7)

Advertisement

“Beat who, pappy?”

“Miami.”

“But what happened?”

andy weir GIF

Looking at the Nole's recruiting right now and its pure trash. Its crazy how few blue chip prospects they are in on. Just going through the Florida rankings on 24/7 and the first player they are favored for is Roderick Kearney at #32. How does a Big 3 school not even get mentioned by a recruit in the top25 for Florida? If Novell doesn't finish with at least 8 wins, he is going to set FSU back years. He probably already has but another bad season and FSU might not recover.

Looking at the Nole's recruiting right now and its pure trash. Its crazy how few blue chip prospects they are in on. Just going through the Florida rankings on 24/7 and the first player they are favored for is Roderick Kearney at #32. How does a Big 3 school not even get mentioned by a recruit in the top25 for Florida? If Novell doesn't finish with at least 8 wins, he is going to set FSU back years. He probably already has but another bad season and FSU might not recover.
Their best hope is 6-6, I’m not even joking.

Vs. Duquesne (win)
Neutral site vs. LSU (Loss)
Call it a split between Lou and BC (more likely they lose both than win both imo)
Vs. Wake (Loss)
@ NC State (Loss)
Clemson (Loss)
GT (win probably)
@ Miami (Loss and they quit on the year)
@ Cuse (trap game, call it a win but very much 60/40 at best)
Vs. Louisiana Lafayette (I’ll call it a win for now)
Vs. UF (loss)

That’s 5-7, with potential for 4-8 considering I penciled in wins for games that they could easily lose. And seven of those eleven games are at home, mind you.

Completely realistic to imagine a scenario where they get blasted by Kelly (remember ND was abusing FSU last year til they actively tried to lose), lose to both Louisville and BC, and are staring down the barrel of a 2-5/1-6 start.

Sit back and enjoy.

Advertisement
1650981908651.png

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

“Beat who, pappy?”

“Miami.”

“But what happened?”

You should write a novel, that story brought a tear to my eye

one can only hope for such a great series of events to unfold

Advertisement

“Beat who, pappy?”

“Miami.”

“But what happened?”

This is some excellent prose.
I would read this novel. Binge the series on HBOMax/Netflix/Amazon. Watch the film adaptation. Then head to Reddit and cry about how soft the film adaptation was compared to the original novel.

“Beat who, pappy?”

“Miami.”

“But what happened?”

Now THIS is worthy of a Pulitzer.

Advertisement
Too much fun....doesn't at all sound like a kid on a college visit

Did he set off fire extinguishers in his hotel hallway? No he did not. He vomited. You know, after a night out that was chaperoned by players who were already enrolled and on the team. So, uh, I don't know, maybe a good long look in the mirror for those "hosting" a high school kid on an official visit?

Advertisement
Back