Nobody has brought up Dalvins 40 time

The infatuation with him on this board is weird.
It's pathetic... The Dalvin Cook fan club resides on CIS.

Every time he throws the U down or disrespects Miami his fans on here start blushing like school girls with a crush.

"He still loves Miami, he's just showing us how much by constantly ****tin on us hehehehe"

I wouldn't say I'm in his "fan club". But I respect his talent. The Giants need a RB in the worst way, and he or McCaffery would be a home run pick, if we don't go after another left tackle to get Flowers to the right side.

I don't think El was thinking of your specifically when he posted his comment, but I do find comments like this interesting because they show how lines get blurred in sports, even for fans. IMHO your comment indicates you are a bigger fan of the NY Giants than the Miami Hurricanes. You're hoping your favorite NFL team picks him because of his alleged talent, which (if it happens) will result in you rooting for Cook someday. By your comment, I get the sense you're good with that (as long as Cook performs at a high level for the Giants). That's your prerogative and I am sure others here feel the same way. And I am not calling your Canes fandom into question. It's just that some of us are a bit more uncompromising.

Personally, I grew up in Miami and went to UM. While I like the Dolphins, go to their games, and root for them to win, I only have love for the Hurricanes. Examples: the Dolphins just picked up Lawrence Timmons. My two cents? Fvck Lawrence Timmons, he's just Pittsburgh's old garbage. Should the phins have traded up in the 2015 draft for Jameis Winston? Of course not, he's a lobster-stealing, loud-mouthed p.o.s. nOLE who may have raped a woman. Garbage. What if Cook slips in the draft and the Dolphins pick him up in the 2nd round? Waste of a pick. And if he becomes a Dolphin and takes a helmet to the knee in the preseason and never plays again? Serves those stupid phins right for drafting trash.

It's all about priorities. And I think the general consensus here is Hurricanes over everybody.

Fūck yes. Canes over everybody.

If you don't get that, fūck you, fūck your family, fūck your pets, drink bleach, set yourself on fire, and die a painful death.

Advertisement
So....after a long days work..I come to my favorite honey hole..CIS...to find we now have 3 pages on this dalvin guy (btw..I still haven't found a dalvin anyone on the canes roster..so I'm a bit lost)! But yet...on another board,.. Our '18 Ambassador,.not even officially a cane yet (only a technicality)... Has just pledged to a "go fund me" campaign..for an alum..and ill be damned if he has less support than this dalvin whoever!! We need to keep our love at home!! ....and everyone else off our boards!!

Every time he throws the U down or disrespects Miami his fans on here start blushing like school girls with a crush.

"He still loves Miami, he's just showing us how much by constantly ****tin on us hehehehe"

I wouldn't say I'm in his "fan club". But I respect his talent. The Giants need a RB in the worst way, and he or McCaffery would be a home run pick, if we don't go after another left tackle to get Flowers to the right side.

I don't think El was thinking of your specifically when he posted his comment, but I do find comments like this interesting because they show how lines get blurred in sports, even for fans. IMHO your comment indicates you are a bigger fan of the NY Giants than the Miami Hurricanes. You're hoping your favorite NFL team picks him because of his alleged talent, which (if it happens) will result in you rooting for Cook someday. By your comment, I get the sense you're good with that (as long as Cook performs at a high level for the Giants). That's your prerogative and I am sure others here feel the same way. And I am not calling your Canes fandom into question. It's just that some of us are a bit more uncompromising.

Personally, I grew up in Miami and went to UM. While I like the Dolphins, go to their games, and root for them to win, I only have love for the Hurricanes. Examples: the Dolphins just picked up Lawrence Timmons. My two cents? Fvck Lawrence Timmons, he's just Pittsburgh's old garbage. Should the phins have traded up in the 2015 draft for Jameis Winston? Of course not, he's a lobster-stealing, loud-mouthed p.o.s. nOLE who may have raped a woman. Garbage. What if Cook slips in the draft and the Dolphins pick him up in the 2nd round? Waste of a pick. And if he becomes a Dolphin and takes a helmet to the knee in the preseason and never plays again? Serves those stupid phins right for drafting trash.

It's all about priorities. And I think the general consensus here is Hurricanes over everybody.

I think you're thinking too much. We obviously have come here through two entirely different paths. We're both Canes FANatics! While I can't claim to be an alumni, I can claim to bleed orange and green. Not my fault the Dolphins have given you no hope for years. Love you anyways bro!

Oh, and I own a John Vilma Jets jersey, so...

I think you're thinking too much. We obviously have come here through two entirely different paths. We're both Canes FANatics! While I can't claim to be an alumni, I can claim to bleed orange and green. Not my fault the Dolphins have given you no hope for years. Love you anyways bro!

Oh, and I own a John Vilma Jets jersey, so...

Hahaha, nothing but respect man. Like I said, I wasn't calling your love for the Canes into question. I just find this stuff interesting. You need to get that NY Giants OV jersey, though!

Advertisement
He is the type of player that does not get tracked down. 40 times are not as important for him. All you have to do is see the film. It's kinda like Hester. You watched him play and you swore he was a 4.2 guy. Yet he was high 4.3 at combine.

Justin Blackmon was that type of player. 4.46, was a decent 40 time, but that guy had real game speed.

And THAT'S a career you don't want to be compared to.

Plus he was the first guy I heard of who had an NFL actual trailing him to understand his off field habits prior to the draft.

The post wasn't about how his career went, it was about his athletic talent. Kid was an absolute beast, even in the NFL. He just couldn't keep his **** together.

Cook will bust in the nfl... All that hitting the outside when the middle is crowded **** won't work in the league... Plus he's not consistent

He is the type of player that does not get tracked down. 40 times are not as important for him. All you have to do is see the film. It's kinda like Hester. You watched him play and you swore he was a 4.2 guy. Yet he was high 4.3 at combine.

Justin Blackmon was that type of player. 4.46, was a decent 40 time, but that guy had real game speed.

Plus he was the first guy I heard of who had an NFL actual trailing him to understand his off field habits prior to the draft.

The post wasn't about how his career went, it was about his athletic talent. Kid was an absolute beast, even in the NFL. He just couldn't keep his **** together.[/QUOTE

What did Blackmon do in the NFL? I thought he busted out quick?

Go Canes!

Here is what I learned from this thread: Dalvin is lazy, and didn't put much effort into preparing for the combine because he knows his highlight films and production will get him far enough. That's one. The other is that Corn Elder will have a longer NFL career and a much better second contract.

Advertisement

The post wasn't about how his career went, it was about his athletic talent. Kid was an absolute beast, even in the NFL. He just couldn't keep his **** together.[/QUOTE

Go Canes!

He did bust out quick. He was repeatedly suspended, but when he was on the field, he was an impact player. Rookie year with the Jags and Chad Henne and Blain Gabbert throwing to him, 64 catches, 865 yards, and 5 TDs with a 13 yd avg. Year 2 he started suspended, came back for 5 games with 29 catches and 415 yds and then got suspended again, never to return again.

Go Canes!

He did bust out quick. He was repeatedly suspended, but when he was on the field, he was an impact player. Rookie year with the Jags and Chad Henne and Blain Gabbert throwing to him, 64 catches, 865 yards, and 5 TDs with a 13 yd avg. Year 2 he started suspended, came back for 5 games with 29 catches and 415 yds and then got suspended again, never to return again.

That's a better rookie year than I thought. Was the another Okie St WR who busted early also or was it just Blackmon?

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

That's a better rookie year than I thought. Was the another Okie St WR who busted early also or was it just Blackmon?

Go Canes!

You are probably thinking of Dez Bryant.

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

Naw not Dez. I thought the kids name was Hill or something like that. Oh well, back to the Canes.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

Go Canes!

Naw not Dez. I thought the kids name was Hill or something like that. Oh well, back to the Canes.

Go Canes!
Reshaun Woods?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Go Canes!

Go Canes!
Reshaun Woods?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That could be the guy or it was some misplaced ESPN hype on some nobody who just disappeared

Go Canes!

All you need to know about combines and testing is that it's left a professional sports journalist referring to Dalvin Cook as "unathletic".

It's valuable for sizing and it's not terrible to see how people test, but c'mon..... if my NFL team landed Dalvin I would be ecstatic after I came out of my coma from drinking bleach at the thought of rooting for that traitorous maggot. Guy's a f'ing monster. Maybe he needs to get in shape which isn't a great sign, but the dude isn't going to fail for being too "unathletic".

The analytics stuff varies in significance by position. With edge rushers it has become the gold standard. Any NFL team that ignores those explosiveness numbers is really asking for it. The Dolphins learned the hard way when they traded up for Dion Jordan with the third pick. He flunked the analytics formulas for that position, which are based on stuff like vertical jump and the cone drills. He was listed as a sucker pick on many sites that provide those numbers. Dolphin fans have ragged on Jordan due to off the field issues. Bottom line he's not much when he's on the field. You can see everything the analytics numbers pointed out. Jordan is a lumbering type who simply doesn't put much pressure on offensive tackles. They parry him effortlessly. In contrast, some of the lesser rated guys with great edge numbers have turned into NFL stars.

You can see the current edge analytics in a thread like this one: NFL Forum :: - Analytics Thread

A poster named Waldo came up with it. He doesn't post much anymore but others have picked up his method and applied it to current players.

I agree that it's not as absolute with running backs and especially with a player who displays special skills like Dalvin Cook. His 40 time isn't the issue as much as the cone drills. That test displays short area quickness, which translates to one position after another. Notice that Mike Williams the Clemson receiver is apparently concerned about what his cone drills might reveal. He didn't run them at either the combine or his pro day. He did run the 40 at his pro day.

Cook might be like a Jarvis Landry type, who also tested awful, in fact much worse than Cook, but it hasn't impacted his NFL career. Landry was running 4.77 and vertical jumping something like 28 inches. Obviously Landry is very competitive and instinctive on the field so it generally covers up his lack of great athletic ability.

IMO, Cook is one of the more difficult projections in years. I wasn't shocked at his poor test results because he often had strangely poor runs that almost looked like he intentionally weaved into traffic, until I realized he simply lost balance and couldn't recover, even though it wasn't much and a player of that caliber seemingly should have been able to regain balance with ease.

I love the metric stuff because it's another logical method to steal a few percent here and there, just like I use preseason ratings. If subjective judgments were everything they are cracked up to be then the guys who rely on tape alone wouldn't have such a middling record, and guys who bet sports or make predictions based on what they've just witnessed wouldn't struggle to find 50%.

Advertisement

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

You talking about rashaun woods

Cook is one of the noles who I have little respect for so *** him..... all those times that did that u BS I would have slapped his *** myself

Even the greatest nole of them all, Deon sanders, has some respect for Miami.

Advertisement
Back