No wonder the ESPN list of top 150 games was bogus and highlighted our losses instead of our wins. Look who had a vote in it! Smh

What bothers me most is they put our blow out loss In the 92 NC game to bama but didn’t put our blow out win of Nebraska In 01. And we all remember if Coker didn’t call off the dogs that would have went down as the biggest blow out in a championship game of all time. Not to have one game from our 01 team on there is disrespectful imo.

Miami was favored and #1 before the loss to Bama. Our Canes were gunning for consecutive undefeated NCs, and had won nearly 30 straight games. Torretta jokingly won the Heisman. This game was technically an upset. Miami was favored and #1 before kicking the snot out of Nebraska. The outcome was a forgone conclusion. Big Difference.

Back in the day, Miami was a clear favorite in most games and the few losses were upsets.

A favorite easily winning is not a great game except to fans of the winner.

I don't believe USC beating OU by 30+ for a championship in the mid-2000s make the cut either. Neither did OSU beating up Oregon, or last year's Clemson/Alabama game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Which games were not included that you thought should have been? Only ones I came up with were FSU in 1992 and 2002 and UF in 2003. 88 Michigan maybe? I am sure there were some politics where they did not want 4 Miami/FSU games on there.

I thought the Sugar Bowl vs Alabama was an odd choice, but they also could have easily put in BYU beating us in 1991 for its significance.

1990, and the game was the season opener. By the end of the season, no one cared except BYU. I do agree the SB vs Bama is an odd choice. I would have picked Miami/Michigan in 88 or Miami/UF 84, or even Miami/OU 86.

What bothers me most is they put our blow out loss In the 92 NC game to bama but didn’t put our blow out win of Nebraska In 01. And we all remember if Coker didn’t call off the dogs that would have went down as the biggest blow out in a championship game of all time. Not to have one game from our 01 team on there is disrespectful imo.

You're missing the point.

Miami was supposed to rout Nebraska in the 2002 Rose Bowl game. Miami was an eight-point favorite over #2 Alabama and was expected to kick their *** up and down the field.

The big and brash Hurricanes against the stoic Gene Stallings and his stoic Crimson Tide; Miami winning four national championships (two in past three years) and team of the decade, in the span since Alabama's last title (1979).

Same reason the 1987 Fiesta Bowl made the list. Wasn't a thrilling game, but David knocked off Goliath—and when you toss in the fatigues, the steak fry walk-out, Heisman Vinny with five interceptions and a gritty Penn State winning behind the then-likable Joe Paterno; you have the type of narrative that draws a massive audience—the "good guys" knocking off the "bad guys".

Outside of Miami fans, the 2002 Rose Bowl was literally unwatchable for the rest of the planet; a one-side football game the Canes led 34-0 at halftime and a call-off-the-dogs second half in an eventual 37-14 victory? Snoozefest and by definition, NOT a good football game in the least.

Lastly, there wasn't one game from that 2001 season that deserved to be on there as all were pretty much one-sided. Had Boston College upset #1 Miami 14-12 and knocked off the "best team of all time"—THAT would make the list, but not Miami coming back. Every other game that year was lopsided (Penn State, Washington, Florida State, etc. ) or saw the Canes bored and going half speed (Troy State, Temple).

Of that 34-game win-streak and dominant era—only games that deserve to be on there would be the 2000 win over Florida State and the 2003 Fiesta Bowl "loss" to Ohio State—as both games were bigger than just football narrative-wise, due to the stakes, the comeback, lead changes and endings; as well as the 2003 game against Florida the following year, as Miami was #3, was rebounding from Fiesta "loss" and was playing the Gators at home for the first time since 1987; falling behind 33-10 and rallying for a 38-33 victory.

Had Florida scored late and won 40-38, game still belongs on the list. Had the Gators hung on for a 33-17 win—game doesn't make list. The how, what, when, why and who all play into it.

Last edited:
1990, and the game was the season opener. By the end of the season, no one cared except BYU. I do agree the SB vs Bama is an odd choice. I would have picked Miami/Michigan in 88 or Miami/UF 84, or even Miami/OU 86.
Yes. Sorry. 90. By the same token, we lost 5 games in 1984. I guess it kept them from the title, but a 2 possession win in week 1 and a 5 loss team has just as little of an argument. Agree with Michigan 88, OU 86, Wide Right 2, FSU 02 as all being worth discussion, though OU 86 may be more lasting to Miami fans than in a national context.

Miami was supposed to rout Nebraska in the 2002 Rose Bowl game. Miami was an eight-point favorite over #2 Alabama and was expected to kick their *** up and down the field.

The big and brash Hurricanes against the stoic Gene Stallings and his stoic Crimson Tide; Miami winning four national championships (two in past three years) and team of the decade, in the span since Alabama's last title (1979).

Same reason the 1987 Fiesta Bowl made the list. Wasn't a thrilling game, but David knocked off Goliath—and when you toss in the fatigues, the steak fry walk-out, Heisman Vinny with five interceptions and a gritty Penn State winning behind the then-likable Joe Paterno; you have the type of narrative that draws a massive audience—the "good guys" knocking off the "bad guys".

Outside of Miami fans, the 2002 Rose Bowl was literally unwatchable for the rest of the planet; a one-side football game the Canes led 34-0 at halftime and a call-off-the-dogs second half in an eventual 37-14 victory? Snoozefest and by definition, NOT a good football game in the least.

Lastly, there wasn't one game from that 2001 season that deserved to be on there as all were pretty much one-sided. Had Boston College upset #1 Miami 14-12 and knocked off the "best team of all time"—THAT would make the list, but not Miami coming back. Every other game that year was lopsided (Penn State, Washington, Florida State, etc. ) or saw the Canes bored and going half speed (Troy State, Temple).

Of that 34-game win-streak and dominant era—only games that deserve to be on there would be the 2000 win over Florida State and the 2003 Fiesta Bowl "loss" to Ohio State—as both games were bigger than just football narrative-wise, due to the stakes, the comeback, lead changes and endings.
FSU 02 was a great game too.

Advertisement
I get that my man but now we know what she does. She’s the freaking director of football operations, making football decisions! And we’re supposed to just stand by twiddling our thumbs while she shoves her agenda down every football and coaching decision? Not me bro, I’ve stayed quiet long enough over the last 15 years this admin as run this program into the ground. I don’t care if I’m hated for this because my love for the canes out ways all that. I hope manny succeeds because that means we won but if he doesn’t it’ll be a cold day I **** I let Blake James or jenn Strawley pick out next coach. I don’t care if I have to fly a banner all off season around the Hecht. The athletic dept needs a complete clean house and rebuild top to bottom. And if you don’t believe me about Strawley, take a look at her Twitter to see where her priorities are and how much she cares about football. Smh

LMAO, come on man, you’re talking out of your a$$ right now. Don is the director of football operations and he makes ZERO decisions, he’s more of a compliance person. Jen is the deputy director over ALL athletics. She’s been here since like 2011 or something. Like already stated, you’re just going at her because Pete said something about her. NO OTHER REASON.

Here's a game that should've been on there, our comeback win in the big house in MI. This is a game we sure as ****tin don't get enough respect for. Down 30-14 with 5 1/2 minutes left and came back to win 31-30.
Yep and I said earlier on this thread our two wins against Oklahoma in 85 and 87 should have been on there as well. In those three years OU only lost two games and both were to us. Ridiculous that they weren’t on there but that’s espn for you. Smh

Of that 34-game win-streak and dominant era—only games that deserve to be on there would be the 2000 win over Florida State and the 2003 Fiesta Bowl "loss" to Ohio State—as both games were bigger than just football narrative-wise, due to the stakes, the comeback, lead changes and endings; as well as the 2003 game against Florida the following year, as Miami was #3, was rebounding from Fiesta "loss" and was playing the Gators at home for the first time since 1987; falling behind 33-10 and rallying for a 38-33 victory.

Had Florida scored late and won 40-38, game still belongs on the list. Had the Gators hung on for a 33-17 win—game doesn't make list. The how, what, when, why and who all play into it.
I see your point but another game from that era that I think should have been on there was the 2000 sugar bowl against UF. We pulled away late and the score doesn’t give justice to how good and hard fought of the game that was. Plus it had the whole drama how we shouldn’t have even been there and should have been playing for a title in the OB against OU. Plus the brawl in the French quarter before the game between the players. Just my opinion but I think that game should have been on there.

I get that my man but now we know what she does. She’s the freaking director of football operations, making football decisions! And we’re supposed to just stand by twiddling our thumbs while she shoves her agenda down every football and coaching decision? Not me bro, I’ve stayed quiet long enough over the last 15 years this admin as run this program into the ground. I don’t care if I’m hated for this because my love for the canes out ways all that. I hope manny succeeds because that means we won but if he doesn’t it’ll be a cold day I **** I let Blake James or jenn Strawley pick out next coach. I don’t care if I have to fly a banner all off season around the Hecht. The athletic dept needs a complete clean house and rebuild top to bottom. And if you don’t believe me about Strawley, take a look at her Twitter to see where her priorities are and how much she cares about football. Smh

You never stop embarrassing yourself.

Advertisement
LMAO, come on man, you’re talking out of your a$$ right now. Don is the director of football operations and he makes ZERO decisions, he’s more of a compliance person. Jen is the deputy director over ALL athletics. She’s been here since like 2011 or something. Like already stated, you’re just going at her because Pete said something about her. NO OTHER REASON.
Ok tweed then she is the director of all athletics. Football is apart of all athletics and this chick is supposedly Blake’s right hand man and vetting coaches for him to interview. So basically she has the power to determine who gets to interview with Blake and who doesn’t. Not that Blake’s interviewing skills are worth writing home about but come on man! This lady has no business making football decisions about a sport she doesn’t know a **** thing about. This is exactly why we are where we have been the last 15 years. You think someone like Strawley is making football decisions at bama, Clemson, OSU, OU or LSU? Dont get me wrong, it’s not just her, the whole athletic department needs to go for a derelict of duty.

Ok tweed then she is the director of all athletics. Football is apart of all athletics and this chick is supposedly Blake’s right hand man and vetting coaches for him to interview. So basically she has the power to determine who gets to interview with Blake and who doesn’t. Not that Blake’s interviewing skills are worth writing home about but come on man! This lady has no business making football decisions about a sport she doesn’t know a **** thing about. This is exactly why we are where we have been the last 15 years. You think someone like Strawley is making football decisions at bama, Clemson, OSU, OU or LSU? Dont get me wrong, it’s not just her, the whole athletic department needs to go for a derelict of duty.

Lmao, you’re complete insane.

Prepare to get owned yet again Lloyd Christmas.

Yes. Sorry. 90. By the same token, we lost 5 games in 1984. I guess it kept them from the title, but a 2 possession win in week 1 and a 5 loss team has just as little of an argument. Agree with Michigan 88, OU 86, Wide Right 2, FSU 02 as all being worth discussion, though OU 86 may be more lasting to Miami fans than in a national context.

Fair points!

Advertisement
I see your point but another game from that era that I think should have been on there was the 2000 sugar bowl against UF. We pulled away late and the score doesn’t give justice to how good and hard fought of the game that was. Plus it had the whole drama how we shouldn’t have even been there and should have been playing for a title in the OB against OU. Plus the brawl in the French quarter before the game between the players. Just my opinion but I think that game should have been on there.

The only drama in the UM-UF Sugar Bowl was the two in-state rivals had not played since 1987. The rest was chatter for Canes and Gator fans.

Yep and I said earlier on this thread our two wins against Oklahoma in 85 and 87 should have been on there as well. In those three years OU only lost two games and both were to us. Ridiculous that they weren’t on there but that’s espn for you. Smh

The ‘86 1 vs 2 Testaverde vs Bosworth game could have the list, but the game was mid-season. The other two wins over OU were great for us, bad for them, and meaningless for anyone else. OU won the NC in 85, and the 87 Orange Bowl was a boring game except to Canes and Sooner fans.

Lmao, you’re complete insane.

Prepare to get owned yet again Lloyd Christmas.
Will you guys be beefing live in the game thread before it starts or will Nick start a banner thread for the battle to begin?

Asking for a 53 year old ****** guy I know who needs new hobbies.

Advertisement
Will you guys be beefing live in the game thread before it starts or will Nick start a banner thread for the battle to begin?

Asking for a 53 year old ****** guy I know who needs new hobbies.

Honestly his post made me lol. I give it two weeks before he has Strawley wanting to coach the team.

Advertisement
Back