**** No To The Spread/Read Option

4 of the top 5 teams base in Spread offenses ...

6 of the top 10 teams base in Spread offenses ...

9 of the top 15 teams base in Spread offenses ...

12 of the top 20 teams base in Spread offenses ...

15 of the top 25 teams base in Spread offenses ...

NCAA College Football Playoff Picture Week 12 - ESPN

So, the data actually suggests it's easier to win with Spread offenses ...

But, yeah ... Spread offenses don't work at a high level, or against quality teams.

LOL

Some of y'all ... SMH ... LOL

:larryd:

Advertisement
Running a spread does not equate to lack of physicality. It just adds a dimension to an offense. Look at the patriots

Bad example. Patriots passing game is an extension of their running game. They prefer to pound the rock. Stop that. They Nickle and dime you with that passing game....come up...they over the Top you!

no they dont. do you even watch what they do. they morph their team to the opponent. some games brady throws it 50 times sometimes they run it 50 items

I watch games as a former Player.....You watch games while you drink beer and Smoke weed.

So, we will have to agree that we see it differently.

All Good!

Honestly I feel like this issue gets WAY easier to deal with if Miami just gets their defense in order and keeps it simple, aggressive and smart.
When the other team has 0 points, ANY offense looks good!

But, yeah ... Spread offenses don't work at a high level, or against quality teams.

LOL

How many Spread Teams won NCs in the last 10 years?

I'll Wait!

Running a spread does not equate to lack of physicality. It just adds a dimension to an offense. Look at the patriots

Bad example. Patriots passing game is an extension of their running game. They prefer to pound the rock. Stop that. They Nickle and dime you with that passing game....come up...they over the Top you!

no they dont. do you even watch what they do. they morph their team to the opponent. some games brady throws it 50 times sometimes they run it 50 items

I watch games as a former Player.....You watch games while you drink beer and Smoke weed.

So, we will have to agree that we see it differently.

All Good!

i dont do either. you act as if the pro style offense is so great. ITS GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE PEYTON ROGERS OR ALEX SMITH. it sucks balls when you dont have a top qb. the system is better at making players better. all pro style offense does is force you to have a top (in the nation) quarterback and a stout O-LINE.

Advertisement

LOL

How many Spread Teams won a NC in the last 10 years?

I'll Wait!

florida, texas, auburn and ohio state. so 5 of 10. i'll wait.

What offense would better fit all the athletes in the tri-counties, a spread/read option or a dusty *** pro set with a drop back passer?

Honestly I feel like this issue gets WAY easier to deal with if Miami just gets their defense in order and keeps it simple, aggressive and smart.
When the other team has 0 points, ANY offense looks good!

I feel you, but we need a intelligently Tough Offense Too.

Peep this: In 2010, we had top 25 D with a Crappy O....mainly at QB!

Lmao @ anyone thinking Oregon is a finesse team. You clearly don't watch them play ever. Royce Freeman run the ball a **** ton and is one of the most physical backs in the country.

Ohio State is finesse too?

The be a "power" team in today's CFB landscape you need 2 things. A big, powerful back like Derrick Henry, Fournette etc. and a monsterous OL. 2 things that SoFla doesn't produce regularly. There's no reason for Miami not to be a spread team whatsoever. It plays to the talent in our area and their strengths. Stop trying to live in 2001, the game is different.

Advertisement
S/RO options are Finesse Offenses. Finesse offenses fail 9 out of 10 times when they face off against a quality team that Plays Smash Mouth/Over The Top Football.

First, Miami needs a Quality Coach. With a quality Coach, Miami will pull in the best Talent in Country. Why? It's Simple. Miami is Home (Dade/Broward/PalmBeach/State of Miami) to best Talent in Country. Running a Base S/RO Offense would undermine that elite talent.....make it finesse. Now, I have to admit that it would not be as finesse as Oregon/Clemson/Big 12 because the talent would be Better at Miami...but it would not be Smash Mouth Football and could be easily defeated by Quality Coaching!

I advocate Pro-Style/Pro-Set. Now, Gun Packages are still available when needed. Play Action is truly "in play" with PS Offenses. Anybody that has played the game, especially former LBs, know that a QB under center forces you do certain things. You guys know!

I want my QB to be a QB First...not an Athlete first. A QB that is an Athlete is fine. Most people don't know that Testaverde was an amazing Athlete...but he was a QB First!

I get that you S/RO guys want exciting football. I get it, but we can have it by running a PS System. We Just Need the Right Coach......and we will be **** Exciting! And we will watch that UM Talent Thriving in the NFL on Sundays....not wash out like all that Oregon, Clemson, Big 12 and other S/RO talent.

I am BBB Guy. No Explanation needed. Safest Hire Miami could make. With a Solid PS QB (Kaaya) already in place, Butch would make Miami a winner immediately and Stock the program with THE RIGHT TALENT.......AND DEVELOP THAT TALENT! Kaaya would receive competent Coaching! An Aggressive 4-3 D is back in play.....1 gap DTs will once again run to Miami!

I like Herman's Attitude A LOT, but he is lacking in Work Product! Herman can't help that he was just hired by Houston. Timing sucks. It would be a major risk to hire Herman. Herman is supposed to better than the last Houston Coach.....that is why he was hired! But let's not forget that Houston won 8 games in 2013 and 8 games in 2014. So, Herman did not inherit a bare cupboard!

Herman is worth watching, but he has not done anything to warrant being hired by UM. That could change though!

S/RO at Miami is COMICAL.....just like it would be at Alabama while Saban is there!

To The Fools: Be Careful And THINK before you fix your lips to say Ohio State runs a S/RO Offense!

You rock, Sonny. Add one more thing. The return of our old 4-3 speed and aggression above all we'll play our base and let's see if you can beat us defense will spell the end to uptempo and read option offenses anyway. They have only prospered in our absence. Remember even Randy had Urban and T-Bow in the weeds for most of the game up there years ago. We had no offense to score points or we would have beat them that night. Only we can harvest enough speedy talent on defense to crush this new age crap. We need the right coach and a return to our Cane DNA. Butch is that coach.

What offense would better fit all the athletes in the tri-counties, a spread/read option or a dusty *** pro set with a drop back passer?

See you think you are being Smart, but you are Proving you are Unintelligent!

I'll Answer like this: Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley ran to Bama's Pro Style Offense. Cooper is cashing NFL Checks and Ridley will be to.

****, that dusty PS Offense!

Stop!

S/RO options are Finesse Offenses. Finesse offenses fail 9 out of 10 times when they face off against a quality team that Plays Smash Mouth/Over The Top Football.

First, Miami needs a Quality Coach. With a quality Coach, Miami will pull in the best Talent in Country. Why? It's Simple. Miami is Home (Dade/Broward/PalmBeach/State of Miami) to best Talent in Country. Running a Base S/RO Offense would undermine that elite talent.....make it finesse. Now, I have to admit that it would not be as finesse as Oregon/Clemson/Big 12 because the talent would be Better at Miami...but it would not be Smash Mouth Football and could be easily defeated by Quality Coaching!

I advocate Pro-Style/Pro-Set. Now, Gun Packages are still available when needed. Play Action is truly "in play" with PS Offenses. Anybody that has played the game, especially former LBs, know that a QB under center forces you do certain things. You guys know!

I want my QB to be a QB First...not an Athlete first. A QB that is an Athlete is fine. Most people don't know that Testaverde was an amazing Athlete...but he was a QB First!

I get that you S/RO guys want exciting football. I get it, but we can have it by running a PS System. We Just Need the Right Coach......and we will be **** Exciting! And we will watch that UM Talent Thriving in the NFL on Sundays....not wash out like all that Oregon, Clemson, Big 12 and other S/RO talent.

I am BBB Guy. No Explanation needed. Safest Hire Miami could make. With a Solid PS QB (Kaaya) already in place, Butch would make Miami a winner immediately and Stock the program with THE RIGHT TALENT.......AND DEVELOP THAT TALENT! Kaaya would receive competent Coaching! An Aggressive 4-3 D is back in play.....1 gap DTs will once again run to Miami!

I like Herman's Attitude A LOT, but he is lacking in Work Product! Herman can't help that he was just hired by Houston. Timing sucks. It would be a major risk to hire Herman. Herman is supposed to better than the last Houston Coach.....that is why he was hired! But let's not forget that Houston won 8 games in 2013 and 8 games in 2014. So, Herman did not inherit a bare cupboard!

Herman is worth watching, but he has not done anything to warrant being hired by UM. That could change though!

S/RO at Miami is COMICAL.....just like it would be at Alabama while Saban is there!

To The Fools: Be Careful And THINK before you fix your lips to say Ohio State runs a S/RO Offense!

You rock, Sonny. Add one more thing. The return of our old 4-3 speed and aggression above all we'll play our base and let's see if you can beat us defense will spell the end to uptempo and read option offenses anyway. They have only prospered in our absence. Remember even Randy had Urban and T-Bow in the weeds for most of the game up there years ago. We had no offense to score points or we would have beat them that night. Only we can harvest enough speedy talent on defense to crush this new age crap. We need the right coach and a return to our Cane DNA. Butch is that coach.

Agreed!

Lmao @ anyone thinking Oregon is a finesse team. You clearly don't watch them play ever. Royce Freeman run the ball a **** ton and is one of the most physical backs in the country.

The be a "power" team in today's CFB landscape you need 2 things. A big, powerful back like Derrick Henry, Fournette etc. and a monsterous OL. 2 things that SoFla doesn't produce regularly. There's no reason for Miami not to be a spread team whatsoever. It plays to the talent in our area and their strengths. Stop trying to live in 2001, the game is different.

The game is only different because we have not been in it. Our 2001 team would make short work of all these modern things and NC game would come down to Bama mass against our speed. Assuming we have 2 proper DTs, we win 7 out of 10 in that battle. DTs and a Miami QB are essential.

Advertisement

Wrong!

Ohio St. rushing for 280+ vs Alabama in the 2015 Sugar Bowl = finesse football according to OP

Oregon rushing for 300+ vs FSU in the 2015 Rose Bowl = finesse football according to OP

The game is only different because we have not been in it. Our 2001 team would make short work of all these modern things and NC game would come down to Bama mass against our speed. Assuming we have 2 proper DTs, we win 7 out of 10 in that battle. DTs and a Miami QB are essential.

Sustained!

Advertisement

No ****, because that team was littered with pro bowlers and NFL ready players. That hasn't happened since and will never happen again. The point is, the game is played differently now than it was then. I'd actually bet that 2001 team if they ran a spread offense would brutalize teams worse than they did in that era.

Just because you line up in the gun or the pistol more often than not doesn't mean you can't play physical.

Lets also stop kidding ourselves with thinking the key to bringing Miami back is a 4-3 defense. If you aren't using multiple fronts and multiple looks you're way behind everyone else in 2015.

Wrong!

Way to provide 0 substance. You don't know **** about what you're trying to talk about.

Bama would have to get their first. Their last two bowl games have featured spread offense opponents and losses.

See you think you are being Smart, but you are Proving you are Unintelligent!

I'll Answer like this: Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley ran to Bama's Pro Style Offense. Cooper is cashing NFL Checks and Ridley will be to.

****, that dusty PS Offense!

Stop!

How many pro style offenses are among the total offense leaders in FBS?

Since Amari Cooper is cashing NFL checks and Ridley will be too means Miami needs to run a pro set? Potato logic.

Advertisement
Back