No Special Teams Coach...Why?

CaneFan79

Senior
Mario CristobalHead Coach
Josh GattisOffensive Coordinator
Kevin SteeleDefensive Coordinator
Alex MirabalAssistant Head Coach / Offensive Line Coach
Joe Salave'aDefensive Line Coach / Associate Head Coach - Defense / Defensive Run Game Coordinator
Charlie StrongCo-Defensive Coordinator / Linebackers Coach
Jahmile AddaeSecondary Coach
Stephen FieldTight Ends Coach
Frank PonceQuarterbacks Coach / Passing Game Coordinator
Kevin SmithRunning Backs Coach
Rod WrightDefensive Ends Coach
Aaron FeldStrength & Conditioning Coordinator - Football

Advertisement
It gets beaten in the head every game by the color announcer, "Three phases to the game Bob, Eric, etc." Offense, Defense, and Special Teams."

So why no Special Teams Coach on the Mario Staff? Not exactly annalgous with SOF, Space, Intel, but a Combatant Commander has a Component Commander for Land, Sea, and Air. What gives?

We have one. His name is Marwan Maalouf.

Okay, so my Combatant Commander has a Major who was fired from every other job in their field had running his/her whole air campaign, while getting the Land and Naval Flag officers donuts...Got it. Miami gonna Miami, $$$$ for a whole slew of improvements, but no real Quality STC.

Advertisement
Okay, so my Combatant Commander has a Major who was fired from every other job in their field had running his/her whole air campaign, while getting the Land and Naval Flag officers donuts...Got it. Miami gonna Miami, $$$$ for a whole slew of improvements, but no real Quality STC.
He’s been an nfl special teams coordinator. He’s overqualified for his job. Which of the 10 assistants would you remove to add a ST coach to the on field staff?

It gets beaten in the head every game by the color announcer, "Three phases to the game Bob, Eric, etc." Offense, Defense, and Special Teams."

So why no Special Teams Coach on the Mario Staff? Not exactly annalgous with SOF, Space, Intel, but a Combatant Commander has a Component Commander for Land, Sea, and Air. What gives?
Remember it took a long time to announce alot of coaches maybe we're still in the process of interviewing guys for st coach

What part of we have a special teams coach is just in the form of an analyst which only really means he can’t be on the field as a coach on game day

Advertisement

What? Are you high

Maalouf spent the past 16 years in the NFL as a ST coach. Having him come as a Analyst and as one of 10 on field coaches was a big get.

But please who would be a “quality” ST coach? Really I want to names.

Well, as they say, when everyone is involved, no one is involved.

Its Maalouf show. Mario said that because of the NCAA rules regarding what analysts can and can not do.

You really think Mirabal or Big Joe are out there designing onside kicks?

Advertisement
What? Are you high

Maalouf spent the past 16 years in the NFL as a ST coach. Having him come as a Analyst and as one of 10 on field coaches was a big get.

He's not one of our 10 on-field assistants.

I don't understand why you'd have two DL coaches and no ST or WR coach. We lost this game because of drops and special teams play. Mario needs to tighten up his staff...whatever it takes.

That was complete bullshìt Saturday night. He knows it...and so do the folks who gave him everything and anything he asked for to produce a winner. Yeah its early, but not properly filling out the staff and having it come back to bite us in the *** during a potentially huge momentum building win in his third game is somewhat concerning to say the least.

Let's hope good advice comes his way and that he's willing to adapt as necessary to turn this program around like I know he wants to.

Advertisement
I don't understand why you'd have two DL coaches and no ST or WR coach. We lost this game because of drops and special teams play. Mario needs to tighten up his staff...whatever it takes.

That was complete bullshìt Saturday night. He knows it...and so do the folks who gave him everything and anything he asked for to produce a winner. Yeah its early, but not properly filling out the staff and having it come back to bite us in the *** during a potentially huge momentum building win in his third game is somewhat concerning to say the least.

Let's hope good advice comes his way and that he's willing to adapt as necessary to turn this program around like I know he wants to.
It's dumb af to not have an on field STs coach...and it shows.

What? Are you high

Evidently he isn't...spent 16yrs in the NFL and now he's an analyst in College....what tf is he analyzing...

It’s not for a lack of money, it’s because we don’t have space for another on the field coach. Sooo there’s not one guy (that’s an on the field coach) tasked with doing it. Mario do have someone with NFL experience (maybe an analyst) that is the de facto STC.

Evidently he isn't...spent 16yrs in the NFL and now he's an analyst in College....what tf is he analyzing...
Is that a real question? His *** better be analyzing them special team units we ran on the field Sat. night. I’m pretty sure our mishaps will be fixed. But going forward people will still make mistakes. We just can’t have 3-4 special team “mistakes” in the same game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back