No more Dugans slander

I've never been worried about Dugans on the trail. He has a refined message. Seems like a slick talker and has a consistent message/presence on social media. Rumph on the other hand.....that's another story and was as predictable as the sun rising.

He is a little preachy (as is the whole staff) for my liking but if he gets it done, that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
everyone always says Bama gets what Bama wants, well he kept Ahmmom Home last year and Bama really wanted him. He also reeled in Bruce, unfortunately we know how that ended up but that was of no fault to Dugans.

Now he just landed three 4-star wideouts including one of the top-5 receivers in the country. The guy puts in the work and obviously develops great relationships with these kids.

And it looks like he's going to get Pope to go along with Wiggin next cycle. Yeah with the help of Cooney, but those kids had plenty of interest before Cooney even came on staff. No more slander. The guy can recruit.

I tend to be a "glass-half-full" kinda guy anyway, but I don't really fault ANY of the current coaching staff. The biggest need in this class was OL - and we landed an ELITE OL class. I am VERY excited about the short & long-term prognosis of this team.

Go Canes!

Rumph and Thomas got to prove themselves with this 18' class.

I am with this. Rumph has a total of one season of experience as a coach in the NCAA and this was his first full season recruiting. Expecting him to be a recruiting savant just because he wears a U on his chest is an unfair expectation. But expecting him to learn from early mistakes and failures (which I do) is fair.

Thomas, on the other hand, has been in this game long enough to know better. As has been documented ad nauseam on this site, this was a down year for the position in-state, but the McFarland debacle was as much on him as anyone. He needs to show up stronger next cycle.

At some point in the fall, Nark Hecht either smacked tf out of Dugans or he had a galactic epiphany that showed him what a UM WR is.

Buddy went from having Kevaughn Dingle and Rodney Scott committed to finishing with Thomas and Harley on signing day. To top off Njoku.

It was looking disastrous at one point. Taking those commitments in the summer was extraordinary negligence.

Last edited:
At some point in the fall, Nark Hecht either smacked tf out of Dugans or he had a galactic epiphany that showed him what a UM WR is.

Buddy went from having Kevaughn Dingle and Rodney Scott committed to finishing with Thomas and Harley on signing day. To top off Njoku.

It was looking disasteous at one point. Taking those commitments in the summer was extraordinary negligence.

This the most backhanded compliment I have ever read. Well done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back