No matter how ya slice it

Advertisement
It was a good win.

Coley is awful at OC doe.

The blame on offense goes to the players. Brad simply had his freshman moments and missed a lot of throws along with making the wrong reads. What I like about James Coley is that he is not afraid to stay aggressive and trust that his players will make the plays. Unlike on defense where Golden and D'Onfrio has had a tendency to play soft after a few mistakes are made.

The plays Coley called were open but we made bad throws or committed silly penalties.

There center was the MVP of the game, those three miscues were huge.

I still hate the bail and run away technique we still employ.

Semper Canes!!!

let's see. Offense play calling was atrocious. Defense was greatly helped by the center and the fact Anthony Boone couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes tonight.

It was an ugly win, not a good win.

Advertisement
A few drops and a few missed passes, but overall thought it was a good offensive game. No problem with the OC tonight.

let's see. Offense play calling was atrocious. Defense was greatly helped by the center and the fact Anthony Boone couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes tonight.

It was an ugly win, not a good win.

Bad take. Our defense stopped many drives on their own. Boone was inaccurate because of pressure and coverage.

I will take the win for sure. But, I thought Duke would be a better team than they were. They did not look ad good as the FBS teams we played.

Advertisement
If it makes you feel better.

IT'S DUKE.

Sure dude. We saw this post coming all week. Quit acting like this was Duke from ten years ago. What would make me feel better would be to see your post during the week predicting a win against such a bad team.

Duke lost some decent talent last year. The qb transfer and their best LB and TE out for the year helped us. Take the win but color me still concerned going forward.

Duke lost some decent talent last year. The qb transfer and their best LB and TE out for the year helped us. Take the win but color me still concerned going forward.

Ate least the pliers were out there with a pulse today on defuse. Most effort I have seen from them in a while. regardless f opponent, I liked that.

Advertisement
It was a good win. The defense was tight, we had a great mix tonight. We finally manned people up in zone coverage. We were physical. Offensively with Coley, he needs to start getting a feel for the game. His play calling is all over the map, we were in shotgun way to much tonight. Walter Tucker at fullback is a huge asset. Asking our WRs to block on bubble screens is dumb so why so much 4 wides? The Oline seems to be staring to jell. I would love to see more of Kaaya under center, Tucker at fullback and working our offense around that. Dorsett would be uncoverable if we establish the line of scrimmage.

Lol at saying Duke was not a good team. We just broke their 12 game regular season win streak. We put real pressure on Boone we blocked his passing atempts several times and the coverage tonight was very good. This was as complete defensive performance as we have had in years.

Advertisement
I don't think Coley is awful. He just needs to follow the announcer's advice and stop abandoning the run. Coley has shown flashes. As far as defense goes, tonight was fool's gold. Happy for and proud of the kids' effort and execution. But that scheme is still garbage without Warren Sapp and Jerome Brown on your roster. And there's no chance NoD will be as aggressive as he was tonight in any other game.

Winning is always good, dorito finally adjusted his scheme and players had a good time winning. A win is always good.

I seriously do not see what people complain about in Coley. He is as good as Fisch IMO and that is a compliment. Love the play calling sans the UL game. That is the only time i have questioned him . I seriously have been a fan of UM for close to 40 years and i have never heard people say we had a good OC and we usually do , well except Patrick Nix. He was god awful but i loved Fisch and i love Coley. Whipple was good but good lord did he have no idea how to run an offense where you didn't throw 50 yards bombs 10 times a game and that just isn't going to work against alot of teams.

Advertisement
Back