No longer a 1 seed according to Lunardi

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Joe Lunardi #1 seeds right now - Indiana, Duke, Gonzaga, Florida
12:36pm - 24 Feb 13

Lol 1 loss gets us bumped, how ridiculous (yes I know there is a long way to go but still)

Advertisement
Saw this last night on sportscenter and thought it was absolutely ridiculous. Florida just lost and somehow moved up? Also all last week they were saying how Michigan State was the fourth 1 seed and Duke should never be considered as a one seed as long as they don't have Ryan Kelly. So now after a lost to Maryland and still no Ryan Kelly they move up to a one seed. Seems legit..

Florida gets destroyed by Arkansas and loses to Missouri yet they are somehow still there.

It makes total sense

Florida #6 Ranked, loses also this week to MU. Miami #2 Ranked, loses to WF.

Miami #2 RPI and #2 SOS, we each have 4 losses. Sorry it reeks of stupidity.

Duke shouldn't be ahead of us unless they beat us either.

Hopefully the team takes it to heart and realizes that there is little room for error.

Advertisement
No matter what do, they are going to point back to those 2 losses to very inferior teams. Just have to hope yesterday was a wake up call. Weve been sleep walking for a couple weeks now other than Shane

Before getting your panties too tightly wound, please consider that you're whining about a 1 v 2 seed. For the Canes. In basketball.

We play at duke. Will either be another loss or we will cement a #1. We control out destiny if we take care of these last few games.

Before getting your panties too tightly wound, please consider that you're whining about a 1 v 2 seed. For the Canes. In basketball.

It's not a panty issue, it's the reality that Miami cannot take many if any mis-steps and expect the benefit of the doubt. A sub par performance vs VT and a loss to Duke and they'll end up a 6th seed.

I'm being sarcastic, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement
And no way we get anything close to a Florida or Duke bracket no matter where we are seeded. They will stack our bracket.

Well, we haven't been playing like a #1 seed the last 4 games. Yes, I know it's ridiculous that the same rules don't apply to us, as to other teams that lose, but it is what it is.

Well, we haven't been playing like a #1 seed the last 4 games. Yes, I know it's ridiculous that the same rules don't apply to us, as to other teams that lose, but it is what it is.

Yup. Double standard bull**** but we all knew this would happen.

Advertisement
Who cares. Instead of #16 you play #15. Instead of #8/9 you play #7/#10. If we are a national player, #1 or #2 doesn't matter. If we have come back down to earth, #1 or #2 doesn't matter.

Yeah, in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter. It would just be neat to be a #1 seed for the first time in school history. Regardless, after the first round we'll be playing a team perfectly capable of beating us if we don't play well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back